Routine

Hard to Admit

 

 

Days passed by quickly. Yuri has gotten the hang of staying at a boarding school. It's not that enjoyable, but the busy schedule of being in a boarding school helps her to move on than to continue staying in the dark shadows of her past. She's going to school as usual, same goes for Yoona and Seohyun only...Seohyun hasn't showed any sign of wanting to have a friendship with Yuri. It's making her depressed as the days go by. Even so, Yoona is always there to cheer her up and butting in so that Yoona can break off the awkwardness and the silence between Yuri and Seohyun whenever they are alone together.

Not only Yoona, but Yesung has been cheering her up too. At first, she wasn't very fond of him and he's truly annoying, but Yuri is happy that Yesung is friendly with her, although she isn't really interested in being friends with boys.

"Yah! Yuri! I got soup this time! Let's eat!" He said then sat down beside Yuri. 

Today, Yesung wanted to eat with Yuri somewhere other than the classroom. There was no peaceful atmosphere, although there usually wasn't anyone in class during recess. Yuri agreed to his offer as she didn't like the fact that some students whisper and gossip about her when they pass the classroom. Yuri could tell what those students were thinking and she was not liking it at all. There were bound to be some unpleasant rumors coz she was alone eating with Yesung in class. So she thought it would be better if they ate together at a more open place. At least it wouldn't be so scandalous. Yes, things like being alone together is scandalous in this school. Yuri has learned that of the 2 weeks she's been here.

Yuri was sitting on the bench outside the cafeteria. "That's nice." She commented at the food Yesung brought as he opened the lunchbox. 

"I know, right? Mmm...it smells delicious! Can't wait to start digging in!" He practically shouted while pulling back his sleeves. "Let me feed you! You should have the first taste!" He said as he held the spoon and was about to feed Yuri.

"What are you doing? I'll use my own hands while I still have them. I'll do it myself!" She said and then took the spoon away from him. The spoon with soup in it was entered in then...

"AH!!" Yuri immediately released the spoon from . "It's still hot!" She said while fanning . 

Yesung laughed. "That's what you get for being impatient! Here," he said while handing his bottle of cold water,"drink up."

Yuri grabbed the bottle and drank it one gulp. "Hey, you weren't suppose to finish it!"

"Ops- sorry!"

"I guess I'll have to refill my bottle. It's okay. Let's continue eating." He said.

Both of them were happily drinking the spicy soup from the cafeteria. Yes, Yuri didn't cancel her recess date with Yesung, after Yesung asked her a numerous of times. Day by day, every recess, Yesung would pack food from the cafeteria and eat it with Yuri together in class. Yuri felt awkward at first but then she felt happy everytime they ate together. Yesung would tell a lot of funny jokes, well...it was never funny to Yuri actually. 

A few days ago...

Yuri was busy eating kimchi when Yesung stopped her. "Hey, you gotta learn to smile once in a while."

"The world isn't all happy-ever-after you know." She answered coldly.

Yesung had to be patient with her answer sometimes. Yes, he did force her to eat with him but she should just chill out. Then, he had an idea.

"Then, I'll make you laugh. Wanna hear a joke?" He asked hoping for a yes.

...

 

....

 

"No."

 

Disappointed. 

 

"I'm gonna tell you anyways. Okay, a man shaves a least three times a week yet he still has the longest beard in town, how is that possible?" Yesung asked. She's gonna laugh at this one. At least that's what he thought.

"Dunno."

"Wanna know the answer?"

"Not really."

"Duh, he's a barber! Hahaha!!!" Yesung laughed. He thought it was hard to understand when his brother told him, but when he got it, he couldn't stop laughing and saying "I get it!!!" numerous of times.

Yuri still kept quiet. She drank some water, ignoring Yesung's stupid joke. 

Yesung pouted. "Can you at least smile so that I'm not that embarassed that I'm the only one laughing at my own joke?" 

"No."

And from then on, Yesung was determined to make her laugh or at least smile.

Although Yesung's jokes were not at all funny to Yuri, but somehow Yuri still appreciated his presence. Yoona and Yesung made her happy being in a boarding school, and she wasn't like some other kids who cried because they parted from their families. Yuri was only a 13 year old, but she slowly began to understand the real world. The world isn't a fairytale with happy endings. She kept that in mind.

"Er, Yuri? What are you thinking about? You day-dreaming about me?" Yesung laughed which made Yuri stop thinking about what happened a few days ago.

"Not in a million years." She said. She never forgot the day when Yesung said he liked her. It was like a week ago. Yesung didn't ask her about it again, which made her relieved as she thought it was just a joke.

 

Which it wasn't.

 

"Yah, Yesung! You were here!" Jaejoong came interrupting them behind the cafeteria on the bench. Yuri and Yesung turned to him. "Ah, you're eating with Yuri?! Why didn't you invite me?" Jaejoong flashed his smile at Yuri. He was hoping for her to blush but unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Yuri bowed slightly to him. She noticed another person behind Jaejoong. 

"No way, this is my private time with her, you can't in, right Yuri?" Yesung turned to Yuri but Yuri wasn't looking his way. Someone else behind Jaejoong. He was also looking at Yuri.

 

"Ah, Yunho!" Yesung said after realizing who it was. 

Yunho didn't say anything. "We were looking for you. Turns out you were right here next to our class." Jaejoong said after realizing Yunho's sudden silence. 

Yunho's eyes were piercing on Yuri. He gave a death glare, which was what Yuri thought. Yuri felt uncomfortable. She's been trying to avoid him ever since the dance auditions, afraid what Yunho has to say. It's been about 2 weeks since the auditions. Did Yunho think her dancing was good? She knew her audition wasn't as good as Yunho's audition and Yunho was probably expecting her dancing was much better than his, since she said she wanted to prove to him that her dancing was also as good.

The thing is, she didn't use her brain that time and just blurted out that his dancing was nothing and her's is better when they were on the rooftop last time. 

Shhe was afraid of what Yunho might say to her, of course, he didn't say he was gonna make her do anything if her dancing was worser than his or if she didn't get into the auditions. He only wanted to see what she got. 

But Yuri was still afraid.

On the other hand, Yunho was secretly trying to talk to her but he never got the chance. At recess, either he would practice his dancing on the rooftop or be in the libary. Today was an exception because Jaejoong didn't want to go recess alone this time. After eating at the cafeteria, Jaejoong wanted to find Yesung because he was always not in his class.

If Jaejoong tries to find Yesung in class when recess starts, he would only see Yuri alone, sitting by the window while staring outside. Sometimes, he felt unsure whether the Yuri he is facing now is the same Kwon Yuri 7 years ago. 

The Yuri before she was....so different from now. Yuri was a bright, cheerful girl when Jaejoong first met her. There never was a day when she didn't smile or laugh when they played together. Jaejoong missed those times and deep down...

 

He missed her.

 

The cheerful 6 year-old Kwon Yuri...was his first friend.

Is this girl infront of me really you, Yul? Jaejoong thought as he continued staring at Yuri.

"Hey! Can you even hear me?! I'm talking to you guys and both of you are staring at my Yuri!" Yesung practically shouted. Good thing the surrounding was already noisy or else people would have heard him. Some students were still hanging at the cafeteria.

Yuri was shocked. She hit Yesung on the back. "There's no my whatsoever. I'm going back to class!" 

Yuri stomped off. She wasn't really upset with what Yesung said just uncomfortable. Yunho kept glaring at her as if he hates her or something. She needed a good reason to leave them and being "upset" with Yesung was it. If she made up some other reason Yesung would still force her to say.

Yuri changed her direction to the toilet instead when someone grabbed her arm harshly.

"What the-- let go of me!" She shouted and paused when she saw the person.

"I need to talk to you."

----------

Few moments ago...

"Ugh~see! You guys ruined our recess time. I should have just stayed in class where no one can disturb us!" Yesung was mad that Yuri left.

"Hey, it was your fault! You thinking that Yuri's yours. Lets go to class now. Recess is almost over," Jaejoong said.

Yunho was still eyeing Yuri until she was no where to be seen. He needed to see her.

"Guys, I think I'm gonna head to the toilet. I'll see you guys later." Yunho said and rushed off, hoping that's where Yuri was heading.

"Uh, okay. Let's go, Jaejoong." Yesung said as they walked together to class.

--

"I need to talk to you."

"What do you want?" Yuri asked irritated. She wanted to go to the toilet but was interrupted by this tall boy named Jung Yunho.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked her. 

"What kind of question is that? Let go of me!" Yunho's hands were clutching her arms as if he doesn't want to let go. "Don't touch me!"

"Follow me first."

Yunho dragged her to the rooftop. He wanted to have a bit of privacy.

After they got there, Yuri immediately pulled her hand away from him. 

"Alright, no one's here. Answer my question. Are you avoiding me?" Yunho asked again. Actually, he wasn't really sure why he's asking.

"No, what makes you think that?" Yuri lied. She became nervous all of a sudden.

"No reason. Actually, about the auditions," he began.

Oh no!! I don't want to hear this!! Yuri thought.

"Look, I know. It was wrong of me to say that. I don't think that I'm better than you alright? You were awesome so there," Yuri quickly cut him off. "I'm not good at dancing and I have no talent. Happy?"

"Hmm...you finally realized. Yes, I know I'm better than you. But, I wouldn't say you have no talent. Actually, you surprised me with your routine. You couldn't possibly choreograph that dance yourself." Yunho said, flashing back when Yuri wowed him with her dance skills.

"You're right. I didn't choreograph that song myself. I did the performance when I was 7. My teacher taugt me the dance for a performance at my old school in England. But I did change it a bit to make it look ier. Not sure if it worked though." Yuri said casually. 

"England?"

"Yeah, I've been to a lot of places. Are you done?" She asked irritated.

"Why are you with Yesung again? Are you dating him?" Yunho asked casually. He was curious. "Do you like him?"

"What? No, idiot! Why are you butting in my life?" Yuri got pissed. He's really looking for trouble. "What's it to you anyway even if I like him or not?"

"Because I-" Wait, what was I about to say?

The sound of the bell ringing was heard. Which means recess is over.

"Oh, great. Reccess is over. And I thought I could have some time to take a nap before classes start. Gotta go!" Yuri said and turned away. She started running as fast as lightning.

Yunho was too slow to stop her.

He sighed.

I shouldn't have asked her that

-------------

Days passed. Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months. Yuri continued going to school normally. So did everyone else. The first exams in the school also passed. 

Yuri managed to get good results too. Although, she didn't get the most highest grade point average in the whole grade, but she was happy just achieving the top spot in her class. Exams wasn't all fun and games to her. She would always remember her mother advising her to study so that she can have a bright future. That's all her mother wants before she died. That and em...finding happiness. She still wondered what kind of happiness her mother meant. How could she have happiness if she doesn't have her mother by her side?

While Yesung went to get food from the cafeteria at recess, Yuri would go to the rooftop. Everyday she went there, to see Yunho. At first, she just wanted to get a good view and get some air from the rooftop. But, after finding out Yunho was there, she would secretly look at him practice dancing. He was amazing! Oh, how she wished to be able to dance like him! Yuri always felt jealous of his dancing abilities. Not just that, he's also clever. Apparently, Yuri found out that Jung Yunho here got no. 2 in the whole grade. It surprised her that he was actually a nerd. Are you wondering who got the top spot in the whole grade?

 

Seo Joo Hyun.

 

Yup, it's Seohyun. 

It didn't really surprise Yuri that she got the top spot. Seohyun is not only clever, but she's hardworking. Every night, Seohyun would sleep early at about 10PM then wake up again at 3AM to study. Yuri couldn't possibly wake up at 3AM. Even if she slept early, she would still wake up late. Boy, living in a hostel is hard and tiring.

Yuri would get really tired in the morning, sometimes she would sneek a nap in the classroom, and Yesung would always purposely scare her when he caught her sleepin in class. Of course, Yesung was the same. They both fell asleep in class once and surprisingly, the teacher didn't say anything. They were lucky they didn't get scolded.

Yuri was still happy she got no.5 in the grade, she thought it was due to always sleeping in class. She was definitely sure, it was because of her Maths. She always hated Maths. It all started because her maths teacher were always strict, especially the one when she was 12. He liked to hit her, and always tried to find what she did wrong purposely.

"Yuri, sorry you had to wait. Let's go." Yoona grabbed her bag then took Yuri's hand.

"Seohyun?"

"She still has piano practice till 5:30PM. She told us to go back first," Yoona said.

Yuri was waiting for Yoona who just finished cheerleading practice. They were walking to their dormitory. Yoona happened to be in the cheerleading squad, after her amazing audition a few months ago. Yoona was multi-talented. She could sing, dance, and she was awesome in sports and had awesome reflexes. 

 

Yoona.

 

She thanked Yoona a lot. It was her first time having such a good friend. Yoona was extremely kind, and always cheered her up. She's a happy-go-lucky type of girl, never lacked smiles which Yuri and Seohyun was. She was the type that believed the world is a beautiful and a happy place which was really the opposite of Yuri. 

Well, they say opposites attract, don't they?

Apparently, Yoona got the fourth spot in the whole grade. Just above Yuri. Yuri was a bit surprised because she never really saw Yoona study. When it was study time, she would either fall asleep, or read a comic book or novels. She was probably the type that was gifted with a really clever brain, or she just focused more during class.

Yesung.

He was like another Yoona. Cheerful and a huge blabbermouth. Always trying to make Yuri with his stupid jokes. Though it never worked. One thing's for sure, there was one thing that made the two different.

Yesung isn't that clever.

Everybody is clever, Yesung just needed to be a hardworker. He would slack off during class and tried to start a conversation with Yuri when she's studying. Yuri would advise her to study but he was just too lazy.

Eventually he ended up being no. 50 in the whole grade. 

 

It wasn't that bad, there were a lot more students below him.

 

Although Yoona, Yuri, Seohyun and Yunho got really good grades, surprisingly no one called them nerds or geeks or a bookworm. A lot of the teachers praised them and everyone respected them. Yuri was just glad her school life was going normally without any bullying like some other freshman had to face.

Well, who dared to bully Yoona? Granddaughter of the founder of the school and daughter of the creepy, strict principal.

Yunho's known for being the grandson of the president of a huge entertainment company. Rich, and maybe a brat.

 

Jaejoong?

 

Yuri didn't ask him how his grades were. He was just as creepy as Yunho. If they were ever to meet, Jaejoong would stare at her and always flashed a smile, to Yuri it was just a creepy one.

She always felt awkward around Jaejoong, it felt like she's seen him before, but she wasn't so sure. The name also felt nostalgic.

Kim Jaejoong.

Sounds like a girls name, Yuri thought.

"Yah, Yuri-ah! I've been talking to you and you're not listening!" Yoona pouted. Then she smiled all of a sudden. "What are you thinking about?"

"Huh? No one," Yuri turned away.

"I didn't ask who I asked WHAT. So, you're thinking of someone? Yesung?" Then she laughed. Yoona liked to tease Yuri and Yesung together. Sometimes she would purposely sneek up on them together eating.

Yuri shook her head. "Nope, someone else."

"Who?" Yoona was curious.

"Not important." Yuri was back to serious mode which made Yoona stop asking.

---------

"When I've started to forget you, you suddenly came back to my life. I missed you," Jaejoong muttered as he stared at the photo of him and the beautiful long haired girl. 

--

 

--

 

"Miss who?" Yunho came up to him.

Jaejoong was so surprised that he practically jumped off his feet. He didn't even notice Yunho coming in the dorm. He was too busy remembering the girl.

"Who's that?" Yunho snatched the picture from Jaejoong's hand. Boy, he was quick.

"Ah, no one. Give that back!" Jaejoong snapped. He snatched the photo frame from Yunho's hand. 

Wow, never seen him get so angry before, Yunho thought.

"Er, sorry. Didn't mean to make you angry." Yunho apologized. 

"I gotta go. See ya later!" Jaejoong quickly dashed out of the dorm, with the photo frame in his hands.

That was close. He thought once he closed the door behind him.

 

Yunho was still thinking about the photo.

Who are the two girls? Little sisters maybe? That girl looks a lot like Jaejoong.

 

Wait, didn't he tell me he was an only child?

 

Then, who are they? Why was Jaejoong so mad I was looking at that photo?

 

Yunho was left in the room with thousands of questions in his head.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N I don't know why, but I think that this story isn't as good as I expected it to be when I first planned it out. 

Too bad I only have 28 subscribers...T_T

Then again, less people to disappoint since my fic isn't turning out so well. I think this is gonna be 100+ chapters. Please bear with me!!

YUNRI FTW!!!

This time it'll be three weeks for my next update. As you can see I come back home every two weeks. I hate school!

comment and subscribe!!! no silent readers!!!

your comments are my energy pills!!

 

updated at 1:00PM 10/7/2011