Chit Chat with Yoona

Hard to Admit

 

"Time for lunch, girls!" Yoona shouted happily. I was so glad Yoona's here. The quiteness of Seohyun is really making me feel awkward. I did promise to my mom I was gonna be more friendly but I was nervous. I couldn't talk to her plus she was really cold to me when we were introducing ourselves. Whenever Yoona and I were talking to eachother she would just either roll her eyes, or not disturb us and go somewhere else. At least Yoona is here to drown the awkwardness.

Yoona held mine and Seohyun's hands while dragging us to lunch in the dining hall at the hostel. We sat together and Yoona started talking happily at what happened in school. Seohyun eat lunch and didn't look like she was interested. I continued listening to what she was saying.

"I think my new classmates were okay, but I'm not sure. They were all talking to me. I felt popular all of a sudden..haha," Yoona kept babbling. And since I want to make good friends I decided to listen to her till she stopped talking.

"Of course your popular, you are the principal's daughter after all and you're pretty," I told her.

"Is it because of that? Oh, thank you," she smiled happily. "You're pretty too!" She complimented me.

"No, I'm not. Stop saying such weird things," I wanted to thank her but it felt weird people saying I was pretty. I don't think that's true.

"You are! But you're not standing out," she put her hand on my face, then moved her fingers to make me smile. "That's better. You should smile more, you look more beautiful that way," then she laughed. "But if I'm forcing you to smile you just look funny," she continued laughing.

My eyes widened. I was touched she said that. Not sure why.

"I'm not sure what you're saying makes sense, but I'll try," I said smiling.

"Aww~that's much better," Yoona said clapping her hands lightly.

We continued eating then headed for our dorm. Seohyun finished eating early since she wasn't chatting with us. She already went to the dorm before us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 3:00PM when we arrived to the dorm. Seohyun was reading a novel on her bed. When we entered the dorm she got out. I didn't know where. Maybe to find some peace and quiet while reading her novel since Yoona likes talking a lot.

Yoona continued chatting with me. She mentioned all of her classmates which I wasn't really interested in but when I heard that name I asked again " What's his name again?"

"Sheesh~are you even listening to me? His name's Kim Jaejoong. He was really beautiful, I'm so jealous," Yoona complained.

"Beautiful?" I made a confused face. "He's beautiful?"

"Yeah, his face is like a girls' face. I wonder if his mom thought he was a girl," Yoona joked then laughed.

Kim Jaejoong.

That name seems a bit familiar with me. Why? Where have I heard it?

"His father is a famous lawyer. Wow, he must be rich!" Yoona continued talking.

Maybe I've heard it before on TV. His father is a famous lawyer anyway.

"Oh, and this other guy...what's his name? Er..." Yoona scratched her head.

Now who is it, I thought to myself.

"Ah! Jung Yunho!"

Jung Yunho...That name's familiar too. But where? Then it hit me. The guy that mistook the girl's dorm for the boys' dorm. So this guy's in the same class with Yoona. I chuckled to myself not knowing Yoona was looking at me.

"What are you so happy about? Do you know him? Or..."

"Or what?" I asked her.

"Or you like him?"

I grabbed a pillow then hit her lightly. "No! I don't even know the guy, you only told me his name!" 

She laughed continuosly. Then she continued telling me about this Yunho guy. And from what she said I can sum up that this guy is like this :

1.He's rich. The son of the CEO of SS Entertainment. I've dreamt of training there in dancing but I just don't have the money. I wouldn't want to make my grandpa worried.

2. He's cold. Especially to girls. When some girls tried to talk to him he didn't answer at all. Which was weird because he was the one who approached me first. But then again, it was an emergency. He didn't want me to spill his secret so he had to warn me. 

3. He's handsome. Well, I didn't really take a good look at him so I'm not sure that he's handsome or not. But with his cocky, cold attitude he doesn't seem handsome to me.

 "I hope I can get along with everyone. That way school is more fun and less pressuring!" She said happily. She's one postive girl.

"You know, you're really easy to get along with. It's a good thing you're friendly to me. Otherwise I wouldn't have any friends," I tried to put a smile. "No one's ever been nice to me like you," I tried holding my tears. I've been lonely for a long time.

All of a sudden she hugged me.

"It's alright. I'm your friend now and that's what matters. Me and you. And Seohyun! We'll be good friends even if we're not in the same class," she assured me. Then I pushed her lightly. The thought of Seohyun really brings me down. Does she hate me?

"About Seohyun, I don't think she likes me," I told her what's been bothering me since yesterday I stepped foot in this school. "She's a bit...cold, so different from you."

Then, Yoona chuckled. "I've been friends with her for a while now. Ever since we were 6 years old. She has changed a bit from when we were still kids but she's still the Seo Joohyun I know. She didn't have friends before and I became her first friend. We were really close. We're still close now but there's somethings that she's been hiding from me. I'm not sure, I just have the feeling."

"Why is she cold to me, then?" I asked Yoona.

"I might have an idea but I'm not sure. Why don't you go ask her yourself?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night when both Seohyun and Yoona was asleep, I kept thinking about Seohyun. Should I ask her? From my point of view, there seems to be something bothering her. Maybe something happened to her that made her like this. I was so sure that Yoona knows why she changed but I believe her when she says she doesn't know why she's cold towards me. Yoona said that they've been friends for a long time. Just the two of them. 

Could it be that she's jealous of me? Because I'm trying to be friends with Yoona. Am I taking her friend from her?

I didn't notice that I've been thinking about Seohyun for a while till I finally fell asleep.