Vacation

Snatches and Snippets

Summary: Yunho and Jaejoong had won a trip for two to Bora Bora. 

AN: This is some sort os a sequel to Cooking, but it stil can be read alone. There may be some factual inaccuracies regarding Bora Bora as I might have twisted some to better suit the storyline.

 

 

 

Screams echoed the entire departure hall of Incheon International Airport as Jaejoong was spotted making his way to the departure gate. Throngs of fans flocked towards him and soon, he was drowned in the flood of girls. Despite the many security guards provided by his company and the airport security team, the Hallyu star could hardly advance. The human barrier formed by the muscular guards was shaky as hell as the girls pushed and shoved with all their might in a bid to reach out to their idol.

Jaejoong remained a straight face throughout the entire obstacle course towards the departure gate, much immune to the roving hands on his body. Perhaps I should stick those electrocuting patches on my clothes, Jaejoong thought, and a smirk formed on the pouty lips as his mind derailed. Even more flashes occurred as every fan tried to catch the smirk the lead singer was having. After much hustle and bustle did Jaejoong managed to get into the departure gate safely and unharmed. He was immediately whisked off to the business lounge of the Korean Airline, where he could take a breather in peace while waiting for the boarding gate to open.

A quick count showed that there were only six other people in the business lounge and Jaejoong was glad. His ears were still ringing from all the shrill shrieks and screams that he was sure his ears would definitely collapse if he heard anymore screaming. He plopped onto a chair beside a seemingly young businessman in shades, dressed impeccably in a suit. When the businessman turned to face Jaejoong, Jaejoong gave a little nod in acknowledgement. But the businessman simply turned his attention back to the phone on his hands, outright ignoring the popular singer. Aghast at the rude attitude, Jaejoong took his phone out and started to type rapidly. What a snotty man, but I give him dibs for the Armani suit, the raven haired fumed.

In the midst of choosing a suitable emoticon to send back to Yoochun, Jaejoong suddenly felt goosebumps rising at the back of his neck.  The feeling of being stalked did not dissipate as Yoochun’s return message arrived. Jaejoong turned around and frowned. There were no suspicious looking people lurking behind him, even though a man, in bright red Bermudas, sitting right the corner behind seemed a little fidgety. Deciding that Mr Red Pants was not of threat, Jaejoong returned to the conversation with Yoochun. He frowned at Yoochun’s uncharacteristically short reply. Perhaps he’s at the golf club again, Jaejoong deduced, still not quite adapting to Yoochun’s sudden addiction to golf.

As soon as Jaejoong turned away from him, Mr Red Pants heaved a sigh of relief and inched down the newspaper he propped up when Jaejoong turned behind. He placed a palm over his racing heart as he tried to recover from the shock. Boy was he not cut out to be an investigator, Mr Red Pants concluded.

 

“Attention to all KE9095 passengers, the boarding gate for all First Class and Business Class passengers is open now. Please proceed to the gate now. Thank you.”

The passengers in the business lounge started to leave for the gate. Jaejoong picked up his bag and was about to leave his seat when he realized that the young businessman did not have the intention of leaving anytime soon, as he steadily typed into the phone. Curious as to what the man was typing, Jaejoong leaned in and started reading the message aloud.

“I love you, Sujong-ah. Don’t miss me too much. My heart hurts more when you hurt. How I wish you were beside me now…. Who’s Sujong?”

The comment earned him a thump on his head.

“Ouch, Yunho-yah! Who’s Sujong! I need to tell her that she has a very violent boyfriend,” Jaejoong rubbed the crown of his head as he glared accusatorily at Yunho.

Yunho sighed at the childishness of the twenty seven year old. Tilting the phone screen to face Jaejoong, he pointed at his text.

“I’m leaving now. Use this opportunity to rest well, and stop gorging on ramyun. Receiver is Changmin. So Jaejoongie, where did you read Sujong from?”

“Aish, you are of no fun, Yunho-yah. We are going on a vacation to Bora Bora, not to some business conference to France. Lighten up! And what’s with the full suit. Whoever wears a suit to Bora Bora?” Jaejoong pouted, put off that Yunho did not play along with him.

The duo had won two tickets to Bora Bora as prizes for emerging as winners in Cook-King, and had decided that it was high time for them to relax and escape from their suffocating schedules.

“Why can’t I wear a suit to Bora Bora?”

Stumped, Jaejoong grabbed his bag and flounced out, leaving Yunho to scramble after him. Mr Red Pants, who surprisingly still had not left for his flight, sniggered at the sight before him. “So whipped.”

 

Once aboard the cabin, Jaejoong pushed past Yunho and dropped himself on the window seat while Yunho eased himself on the seat beside.

“Yah, Jaejoongie, this is my seat!” Yunho complained while he poked the seat stealer in the arm. Jaejoong stuck his earphones in and put on his eyemask, pretending to be asleep. He even snored for good measure.

Yunho smiled fondly at the childish act in front of him. They were always constantly flying that Yoochun once joked that he spent more hours sleeping on the airplane seats than his bed at home. And yet despite so, Jaejoong had always hankered after the window seats. One would have thought that he would get over the initial attachment after a few rides. But no, the lead singer was, and still is, in love with the window seats. Whenever his seat number was not that of the window seat, he would scour through the tickets of the other members seeing who the lucky one was. Jaejoong had always hoped it would be Yunho, for it was easy to get the easy going to leader to switch seats with him. If it was either Yoochun or Junsu, a few bribes might be needed to get them to agree. Changmin was the most problematic of all. If he was into one of his moods, nothing would get him to budge. And the rest of the group would have to face a very sulky Jaejoong afterwards. Yunho could never understand why Jaejoong was so adamant in getting the window seats. It was not like he would stare out of the little opening, for they usually fall asleep the moment they buckled in, unaware of the world out there.

As the aeroplane ascended in the air, plunging through the fluffy white clouds, Yunho finally succumbed to the temptation of sleep. A slight ache from the neck muscles roused Jaejoong to consciousness as he really fell asleep from the pretense he put up earlier. He gazed at his sleeping partner and shook his head. Yunho was bound to suffer from a hell of muscle aches later if he were to keep up with his current sleeping posture. Shifting closer, Jaejoong fumbled with the buttons and accidentally hit the reading lamp button. Light flooded Yunho’s seat and the clumsy man scrambled to switch it off. Much to Jaejoong’s relief, Yunho stayed asleep, only scrunching his nose slightly at the sudden brightness. The lead singer finally found the correct button and Yunho’s seat reclined until it was parallel to the floor.  Satisfied at the leader’s posture, Jaejoong leaned back against his seat and observed his seat mate. It had been so long since he last saw Yunho this close that he had almost forgotten how the man looked like up close.

His cheeks got puffier.

There were more lines around his eyes.

His complexion became fairer.

But these were the only differences Jaejoong noted. His face still as small as ever, nose still as sharp, and the elusive scars adorning his face still remain.

Yawning, Jaejoong reclined onto his seat and dozed off soon after.

 

The flight was uneventful if one ignored the little debate that happened between Jaejoong and Yunho. Yunho woke up with the blanket draped over his face and he rolled his eyes in annoyance. He pulled off the blanket and confronted Jaejoong. Jaejoong deemed his act as necessary to protect the image of him. Yunho argued that he almost suffocated to death in his sleep. The argument went back and forth and was only stopped when the air stewardess interrupted them with their lunch.

The couple was quick to exit the plane when it landed smoothly at the runway, eager to stretch after being confined at their seats for hours. As they queued up behind the custom counter, Jaejoong felt the prickling sensation intensified, the exact same feeling he had in the business lounge in Incheon. In fact Jaejoong had the feeling of being observed when he was in the plane. However, the design of the seats in the Business cabin provided much privacy from the other passengers, so Jaejoong suppressed the feeling. But the feeling now was so strong that Jaejoong could not ignore it. Frustrated, Jaejoong turned behind. The people at the back were paying no heed to him as they converse amongst their cliques. The man directly behind him had his nose buried deep in a Bora Bora map. Jaejoong spared a second glance at the man again as the bracelet the man wore looked familiar.

“Anything wrong?” Yunho voiced his concern when he realized Jaejoong was a little jumpy.

The lead singer diverted his attention back to the taller man and shrugged, not wanting to worry the paranoid leader. Yunho was very particular about the safety of s and Jaejoong could remember that time he threw a very uncharacteristic rage when the concierge of a hotel they were temporarily residing at allowed two fangirls, both bordering the brink of insanity, up to their level. They had gotten hold of a very tired Junsu, and was about to do something untoward to him when Yunho arrived.

Yunho had started questioning the concierge and did not even stop when the poor inexperienced girl burst into tears. Jaejoong had to exercise his authority as his hyung to drag the inconsolable leader out of the tensed room. It took the lead singer close to three hours and four tubs of ice cream to calm the furious leader. When Yunho had finally returned to his senses, anger no longer blinding him, he noticed the four empty tubs of ice cream and proceeded to wail about how he had consumed dangerous amount of sin and his moobs will start to resurface again, and fans will start commenting about how well developed his chest was. Jaejoong simply nod his head as Yunho continued to whine as it was around 1am then and Jaejoong was busier fighting the urge to sleep than to focus on the babbling leader.

 

 

“Bora Bora!!!!!!!” The leader of DBSK screamed as the couple finally exited the airport. Ignoring the weird stares thrown at them, the boys greedily take in the picturesque view in front of them. Jaejoong dug out the envelope given by the producers of Cook-King from his bag and started reading the details of the trip.

“They rented us a car. The license plate is 338 664 P,” Jaejoong summarized and held the car key up that was enclosed together with the letter.

The couple scanned the outdoor carpark in front of them and stared at each other in aghast. The outdoor carpark was vast, and it was pretty filled up. It would take them hours just to find their car! Trust the producers of Cook-King, Yunho bemused. Armed with shades, Jaejoong and Yunho started to comb through the gigantic carpark. And thus, an unannounced competition started.

Yunho was the first to find the car and he immediately crouch behind it, hiding from Jaejoong. Ensuring that the man was busy finding the car, Yunho formulated a plan to steal the car keys from the cunning singer. Schooling his face, Yunho approached the raven haired and tried to strike a conversation with the man.

“The weather’s so nice,” Yunho attempted, whose gaze was affixed at the key dangling from the back pocket of Jaejoong’s skinnies.

Jaejoong shot him a weird look and Yunho returned with an awkward smile of his. Sensing something was not right from the leader, Jaejoong straightened and faced him. The taller man immediately attacked, hands aiming straight for the pocket. Yunho broke into a wide smile as he secured the keys and dashed off, with Jaejoong chasing unrelentlessly behind.

As expected, Yunho got to the car first, slipping into the driver seat immediately. Jaejoong sulked and proceeded to load their luggages into the car boot. It was a beautiful car, a 1964 Ford Mustang Red Convertible, perfect for their little retreat. Forgoing the door, Jaejoong jumped into the passenger seat and the car gave a little bounce as Jaejoong landed heavily.

 

“TO THE BEACH!”

“TO THE HOTEL!”

“BEACH!”

“HOTEL!”

“Why hotel!”

“Because the people at the beach will most probably think that we are gonna commit suicide by drowning, given the attire we are in now.”

 

The warm wind caressed the raven tresses as Jaejoong stood up on his seat. With his arms in the air, he closed his eyes and at that moment, he felt as though he was a bird, flying carefree in the air. Yunho stepped harder onto the accelerator pedal and the car sped forward. The smile on Jaejoong’s face grew wider.

 

“Whoa!” The resort the producers had picked out was luxurious. It was a stilt bungalow, hovering right above the azure blue waters. Each bungalow was spaced wide apart, giving utmost privacy to the occupants.

 

The house was specifically designed to facilitate the air flow. It was cool and breezy. The best part of the entire bungalow was the glass panes on the floor. It gave a spectacular view of the water underneath. Jaejoong and Yunho spent a good part of the afternoon just sitting on the floor and staring through the clear glass, squealing whenever the fishes swam past. The exploration continued on and they found two queen sized beds and a very big, open air bathroom. Jaejoong was especially delighted at the unique bathroom. Imagine taking a bath right in the middle of the sea! While Yunho were less excited at the thought of it.

 

It took the two excited boys more than an hour to finally settle down and change into more comfortable attire. Dressed in flamboyant flower shirts and brightly coloured shorts, Jaejoong and Yunho were ready to explore the island. Though they had been here before, it was eons ago and was work related. It was different this time. No more staffs hanging around, observing their every move, neither was there their paranoid manager restricting their every action. They were free men this time, and they were going to explore every inch and corner the beautiful island has to offer.

A freshly showered Yunho was fidgeting on the bed. He was told to sit there the moment he stepped out of the bathroom by Jaejoong while the dictator was frantically searching through his bag. Doe eyes gleamed in victory as Jaejoong found the item he was after and sat beside Yunho. Curious, Yunho watched Jaejoong took out a needle from a little purse and started to thread it. The smirk Jaejoong wore when the thread finally went through was the only warning Yunho had before his world tilted sideways. Jaejoong had pushed Yunho to the side and started sewing up the pocket of the Bermudas the leader was wearing. Struggling was futile as Yunho was trying hard not to get stabbed pricked by the needle in the process. It did not help when Jaejoong threw his legs over his torso to prevent any more movement from the taller man. Yunho could only looked in sorrow as Jaejoong sewed up the opening deftly.

“Stop! What are you trying to do?!” Yunho shouted when Jaejoong attempted to roll him over to get to the other pocket.

 “Sewing up your pockets!” Jaejoong replied cheerfully, like there was nothing wrong with it.

“But why!”

“To stop my stuff from disappearing.” The smile on Jaejoong’s face turned into a frown as he recalled the numerous times he had found his stuff in the pockets of Yunho. Yunho’s pockets were like the bag of Mary Poppins. Endless and filled with all sorts of stuff.

The battle carried on as Yunho fought courageously to protect his last pocket. Jaejoong had the upper hand as he had taken advantage of their positions and had swiftly straddled the leader. Realising that he was on the losing hand, Yunho surrendered and started to negotiate with the needle man.

“Jaejoongie, you can’t sew my last pocket,” Yunho persuaded.

“Yes, I can!”

“No, you can’t, or I have no place to put my phone.”

Jaejoong’s lips formed a perfect O as he registered Yunho’s argument. Sighing, he put away his needle pouch desolately but not before eyeing longingly at the free pocket.

 

The couple appraised their appearance before a full length beside the main door. Satisfied, Yunho pulled open the main door, ready to start their vacation, when three figures stumbled into the bungalow. Jaejoong and Yunho watched on stupefied as the three dishevelled figures crawled towards the large sofa.

“Oh my god, why are you guys here!” The lead singer voiced his confusion when they finally recognised the intruders as their beloved dongsaeng.

“W….Water…” Changmin croaked.

Jaejoong rushed to the kitchenette and filled up three big glasses of water. The trio gulped down the life sustaining liquid and Jaejoong had to bring the pitcher to the hall to refill their glasses. The eldest two watched on with worry laden eyes as their dongsaengs recovered.

Sitting beside Changmin on top of the sofa arm, Jaejoong pushed back his sweaty bangs as Changmin leaned into his cool touch. Junsu and Yoochun had their heads on Yunho’s shoulders as the leader patted their thighs comfortingly. Staring at Yunho’s slim fingers on Yoochun’s bright red trousers, everything fell into place, Jaejoong realised.

“You were Mr Red Pants!” Jaejoong exclaimed, pointing accusatorily at Yoochun. Changmin whined as Jaejoong’s fingers, which were previously rubbing circles on his neck, stopped with his exclamation.

Too tired to even feel sheepish, Yoochun moaned in acknowledgement. Changmin whined even louder when Jaejoong’s fingers still refused to move as he pushed harder against the pale digits. Taking the hint, Jaejoong tsked but continued the ministration nonetheless. He then recounted the entire trip to Yunho whose face grew darker with every revelation.

“Why didn’t you tell me,” Yunho’s voice was soft, but Jaejoong could hear the underlying anger.

“It was nothing dangerous afterall, isn’t it, Yunho-yah,” Jaejoong tried to placate the leader. Not liking the sudden tension, Junsu and Yoochun cuddled against the muscled man, hoping to soften him.

Changmin suddenly shot up and looked around frantically.

“Yoochun, what’s the time now!”

Dazzled, Yoochun stared at his watch and tried to make sense of the many hands of his watch.

“Three…….. fifteen?”

“!” The maknae cursed and ruffled his hair agitatedly, “We’ve just missed the check in time. Now we are homeless!”

“Yah, Junsu! This is all your fault!”

“Me again?” Junsu’s face was that of resignation.

“Yah, you guys haven’t told us why you guys followed us,” Jaejoong interrupted.

Changmin took on a look of indignation as he sputtered, “Fo-Followed?”

“Yeah, if this isn’t called stalking, then what is, Changdolah?” Yunho answered.

“It’s just coincidence that we were heading the same way as you guys since the tickets were given by the producers of Cook-King too,” the youngest argued.

Yunho raised his eyebrows.

“Which episode were you in?” Yunho questioned as the sides of his lips quirked up.

“Haven’t aired yet.”

“Then what did you cook for the producers to reward you this trip?” Jaejoong asked innocently. But the rest of the members did not fail to see the unrestrained mirth in his orbs.

“Ra-ramyun,” Changmin spoke the first word that came to his brain. He winced when he realised how ridiculous his answer was.

“And Yoochun and Junsu….” Yunho gestured to the two clingy figures beside him.

“My assistants.”

“I see…. So in order to whip up a perfect ramyun, it requires three people,” Jaejoong tapped his lip thoughtfully.

Making a noise in frustration, Changmin dived into Jaejoong, nose digging into the eldest’s sides. Jaejoong wriggled for Changmin’s nose were tickling him.

“Then how did you guys land into such a state?” Yunho inquired, unable to fathom what could have caused their image conscious dongsaengs to reduce to such pathetic state.

“It’s alllllll Junsu’s fault,” Changmin complained.

 

 

When the trio came out of the airport, they were just in time to witness their hyungs leaving the airport in the car. They quickly convened to decide their next course of action, for throughout the entire trip, they only had one thing in mind: to stalk their hyungs. Now that they have ditched them (unintentionally of course), the trio were at a lost. Changmin voted to proceed to the resort first and Yoochun and Junsu agreed. Then came the problem. The youngest wanted to get there by taxi while Junsu wanted to get there by foot. When Yoochun inquired his mental health, Junsu was quick to assure that the resort was very near the airport.

“It’s just a fifteen minutes walk, really! The website said so,” Junsu defended.

“Don’t you want to have a more hands on experience while here? It’s not very often for us to travel to such places without any staff,” Junsu continued with his persuasion as Changmin and Yoochun were still firm with the idea of cabbing.

Being the more spontaneous of the two, Yoochun was swayed towards Junsu’s idea and the duo started to persuade the stubborn maknae. Changmin finally grumbled his agreement when Junsu started his angel poses in an attempt to get Changmin to agree.

 

The unplanned trek began as the trio made their way towards the resort. The first half of the journey was okay, in fact it was pretty enjoyable, as the warm wind ruffled their hair like a mischievous child and the salty smell of the sea accompanied them. As the novelty wore off, the weight of their luggages suddenly seemed heavier and the strides of the trio got slower. They soon got thirsty under the midday sun and wanted to purchase drinks from a local store when they realised they did not have any French Pacific Franc with them. The trip to Bora Bora was such an impromptu one that they did not even have enough time to pack their luggage, not to mention the changing of currency. Changmin managed to dig out two one dollar bills from his recent visit to LA and the three boys shared the two bottled water amongst themselves. Things went downhill after they left the local shop.

“Junsu, are you sure of where we are going?” Changmin grumbled as he heaved the straps of his duffel bag higher on his shoulder.

“Yeah…..” Junsu responded.

“Oh my god, I can feel my asthma acting up soon,” Yoochun gasped.

After a few moments of silent trekking, Junsu suddenly halted in his steps, causing Yoochun and Changmin to slam into him.

“I’m lost.”

Two words were all it took to get Yoochun and Changmin to their knees.

Thankfully, a passing local took pity of them and with much difficulty, relying heavily on hand gestures, the kind man ultimately got them to the resort.  

 

Everybody directed their attention to Junsu and the singer squirmed in discomfort.

“Don’t blame me. Blame the website,” he squeaked.

Pillow cushions were thrown at him while the resident dolphin squeaked even louder.

While everybody begun on their Operation Attack Junsu, Jaejoong slipped away and started to dig through all the cupboards and drawers in the house.

“What are you doing, Jaejoongie?” Yunho was the first to realise that Jaejoong was not with them.

“Hmm? I’m trying to find floats so that they can at least sleep on the waters tonight,” Jaejoong replied.

“JAEJOONG HYUNG!”