Perfect Fit

Snatches and Snippets

Summary: Jaejoong decides to save Yunho's dying wardrobe.

 

 

People had been shooting weird looks at him since he stepped into Shinsegae. Jaejoong stopped before a reflective piece of glass. Nope, he heaved a sigh of relief as he assessed his image, there was nothing wrong with him. He was just wearing casual jeans, though a little too ripped, and a black tee with a black parka over it. Being in the entertainment industry for close to a decade, and with the enormous popularity he enjoyed, Jaejoong had already been used to having shocked faces or love sick eyes thrown at him. But this was the first time he had those oh-my-god-why-are-you-here looks directed at him instead of the usual oh-my-god-it’s-Young-Woong-Jae-Joong dazed faces.

He concluded that it was not the paper bags that lined his arms for the group of ladies in front of him had even more bags than him and nobody had given them second glances. Shrugging off the annoying feeling, he went into Giorgio Armani. He swore he heard gasps when he entered the store and pulled a face, with the huge sunglasses seated on his nose covering more than half of his face.

Once inside the privacy of the boutique, he removed his sunglasses. One staff immediately went forward to put away his shopping bags while another directed him deeper into the boutique, where the latest season was being showcased. A frequent shopper, plus his fame, guaranteed a VIP treatment by the staff. Soon, he was led into the inner fitting room.

 

 

It was a spacious area with mirrors at all walls. Each mirror leads to a fitting booth. A comfy couch was positioned in the middle of the room, meant for accompanying guests to wait while their friends or family change in the booths. Noticing a familiar backpack lying on one end of the couch, Jaejoong deduced that he was not the only one in the room. After he picked out a few pieces to try on, the staff went to get the correct size and hung it into one of the fitting booths. The raven hair set his man purse and sunglasses on the couch and went into the booth.

Stripping his clothes off, Jaejoong pouted at his semi reflection in the mirror. He flexed his arms experimentally and his facial expression darkened even more. His once amazing body had been reduced to just skin and bones. Fine, he might have exaggerated a little since his body was still toned, but the distinct triceps and abs have faded into slight curves. Looks like he has to tweak his exercise regime, he sighed and scrunched his nose in distaste.

He slipped into a maroon low cut v-neck shirt and wriggled into yet another pair of artfully ripped skinny jeans. Casting another glance at his outfit, he went out of the fitting booth and into the common fitting area to better assess the clothes with the abundant mirrors and lighting there.

Another door leading to a fitting booth opened the same time as Jaejoong swung his door open.

“Yunho?” Jaejoong called out.

He stared unashamedly at the silhouette of the other man, orbs thirstily drinking in the mile long legs, well-defined biceps and the broad chest.

Yunho cleared his throat uncomfortably and blue irises flicked to his face immediately. The staff fidgeted in the palpable tension as the two men, now facing each other, had split from an immensely popular boyband and it was well known that there was no communication between them since then.  But unbeknownst to them, their relationship was not as strained as the media made it out to be.  (AN: Check my other one shot for further explanation on this.)

Jaejoong’s lips tugged slightly upwards into a smirk as they stood in front of a mirror together. It was then when Jaejoong realized they wore the same shirt. And what better ways to compare their figures than now? Jaejoong mused.

Unlike him, Yunho had filled out the shirt very well. In fact, in Jaejoong’s opinion, Yunho shirt seemed to be a little overstretched. And while Jaejoong was busy frowning at the stretched shirt, Yunho was staring at the other’s ripped jeans. He could never understand why Jaejoong love to wear those. The rips provided little peeks of the fair skin underneath, daunting others to fantasize what lies beneath those jeans. The jeans were far from revealing. The rips were like little teases, exactly what Jaejoong was, a tease.

A pale hand shot out towards Yunho’s neck as Jaejoong flipped the back collar of Yunho’s shirt to check the size.

“M? Really, Yunho-yah?” 

“What’s wrong,” Yunho replied as he readjusted the collar, eyes darted everywhere but Jaejoong.

“Yunho, I’m wearing M now. Do we look like we are of the same size?” Jaejoong gestured wildly at their reflections.

“I don’t see what’s wrong with me wearing M,” Yunho flushed.

 

This was not the first time Jaejoong had commented on his clothes sizes. Back when they were still staying together at the dorm, Jaejoong had already acquired this annoying habit. This was why he liked going clothes shopping with the lead singer. That guy just knows exactly what sizes to choose for him; they were always one size bigger than his own choice. Though he had never admitted out loud, clothes that were chosen by the slighter man were always a perfect fit. And the most important part was that they accommodated his big moves. He no longer had to worry about bursting seams.

 

“I can see your s!” Jaejoong exclaimed, voice thoroughly scandalized.

The two accompany staff studiously trained their eyes to the floor, refusing to acknowledge Jaejoong’s statement.

“I can see yours too,” Yunho deadpanned.

Before the lead singer launch into his speech, Yunho cut him off, “It can be as bad as that silver spandex we wore for the T tour, can’t it?”

Jaejoong stared at Yunho in horror as they shivered at the costume nightmare.

“We promised never to bring this up ever!” Jaejoong pointed to the man beside him, orbs filled with betrayal and embarrassment.

“You were the one who brought up s first,” the taller man shrugged, trying to act nonchalant as if he was not a victim of the deadly costume too.

Jaejoong pursed his mouth in defeat as he returned to assess his reflection. However, Jaejoong will forever be Jaejoong. He can never stay quiet for long. His lips twitched as he tried to swallow his words back.

Aware of Jaejoong’s raging self battle, the devil side of Yunho appeared.

“You have something to say, Jaejoongie?” Yunho prompted.

The lead singer opened his mouth but clamped it shut seconds after, shaking his head vehemently. He was not going to talk, never, Jaejoong chided mentally.

“Nothing?”

Jaejoong shook his head again stubbornly, like a child throwing a tantrum.

“If so, I’m going to buy this shirt then.” Yunho attempted to make a move towards the fitting booth.

“But you can’t!” Jaejoong finally burst out. The moment he spoke, he cursed at his lack of resolve as Yunho spun on his toes, smiling brightly at him. No, he was not going to let Yunho have the last say, Jaejoong swore.

“Change the size first. I can see your moobs,” The lead singer purposely dragged the last word.

A giggle escaped from one of the staff and Yunho’s smile drooped immediately. Glaring at the poor staff, Yunho stomped towards the mirror.

“Fine! There are not moobs, they are pecs. Pecs! Yunho has pecs, awesome pecs, fabulous pecs, wonderful pecs, ummm, fantastic pecs and…. Can you just change the size?” Jaejoong rambled as he held his hands up in surrender. Yunho and he had engaged in too many moobs-or-not-moobs battles, all in epic levels. And Jaejoong did not want that to happen again, in public. The last battle had resulted in Yunho spending almost every minute used for sleeping to do chest exercises and Jaejoong scouring through the many man s theses. The battle only ended when both of them landed themselves in the A&E ward for overtiring their bodies.

Yunho shot him a confused look. He had no idea why Jaejoong was so adamant about him getting a bigger size. Not trusting his mouth anymore, the slighter man prodded at Yunho’s tummy. The confused expression on the leader’s face turned smug.

“These are filled with fans’love, Jaejoongie~”

Everybody knows that Jaejoong loves his fans the most. With Yunho using fans as a shield, the lead singer could not do anything untoward to the little swell.


“Doesn’t mean you have to show them off,” he grumbled and snapped his fingers. A L sized maroon shirt was dropped onto his outstretched palm. Jaejoong directed a dazzling smile to the efficient staff, which left her walking straight into a mirror afterwards. Stuffing the shirt into Yunho’s hands, he pushed Yunho back into the fitting booth.

Yunho sighed. Unless he wanted to have his stuck in there for the entire day, he better start listening to that demanding lead singer of his.

 

Stepping into the common fitting area the second time that day, Yunho was immediately pulled towards a mirror by an excited Jaejoong.

“See, see, see! No s, no moobs, no tummy!” The slighter man pointed out as he jabbed at the reflection enthusiastically.

True to his words, the bigger sized shirt did look better on Yunho as the taller male stared back at his reflection while Jaejoong fussed about the shirt, pulling on the hems and sleeves.

“Yunho-yah.”

Yunho turned towards the voice, only to see a very giddy Jaejoong looking at him. Uh-oh, a giddy Jaejoong never spells well.

 “While you were changing, I found some more clothes that would suit you well!” Jaejoong explained as he gestured to a pile of clothes on the couch behind him. It took all of Yunho’s self perseverance not to bang his head into the mirror.

 

 

Two hours and eleven outfits later, Yunho slumped onto the couch tiredly, resting his head on the culprit’s shoulder.  A hand patted his thigh comfortingly.

“No more, Jaejoongie. I’m tired,” the leader whined.

“I’m hungry too,” Jaejoong agreed.

“Come on, let’s settle the bill and we go have lunch together. My treat.”

“Your treat? Sure?” Jaejoong glanced Yunho, disbelief written all over his face.

“Yes, yes. My treat. Now, up!” Yunho confirmed as he pulled Jaejoong up from the couch.

The two men proceeded to the payment counter, with Jaejoong plastered beside Yunho. A sleepy Jaejoong is a clingy Jaejoong, as the elder tried to stop Yunho from fidgeting. Who knew picking clothes out for others could be this energy draining, Jaejoong thought.

“Why am I paying for yours too?” Yunho’s voice drew Jaejoong out of his sleep.

Cracking an eye open to look at Yunho, the sleepy man replied, “Payment for being your personal shopper. You didn’t think it was for free, did you?”

Jaejoong then returned to his previous spot, with his head on Yunho’s shoulders.

“Stop moving, you dolt. I’m trying to sleep!” Jaejoong complained.

“Well, I’m sorry for moving my right shoulder while signing the bill for your clothes.”

“Then use your left hand!”

 

 

 

“Boss having their new arrivals tomorrow. Let’s go together tomorrow?” Yunho read out his text from Jaejoong.

Sitting up on his bed, Yunho glanced at his bar counter where he displayed his piggy banks he had filled since he was young. Looks like he will have to break one to finance for the impending shopping to come, Yunho pouted. Now came the problem: to break the pink ceramic pig or that green ceramic frog.

 

 

AN: Since today is YunJae anniversary, thought of writing a Yunjae shot to commemorate.