Yunho-yah

Snatches and Snippets

AN: No summary. My brain is mushy. My heart is mushy. I blame Jaejoong for it.

 

 

 

I gibuneul naebeoryeo dwo
You don’t have to fight
bukkeureowohaji ma
Put you on my back seat
Back seat
Back seat
Now let’s get it on-on my back seat~”

 

Jaejoong raised a brow at the snippet of the song.

“I don’t think I’m feeling very shy right now,” the driver responded teasingly as he waved his hand at his chest. The first four buttons of his shirt were undone, leaving his s and tattoos for all to see.  When his companion whined about his very exposed chest, Jaejoong easily blamed the hot and humid weather instead.

“Besides, this is my car, Yunho-yah. So technically, it’s my backseat and not yours. Even then, this is a two-seater vehicle, so there is no backseat.”

The jut on the tan man’s lips became even more pronounced.

“Just you wait, I’m gonna buy a Hummer and it’s gonna have huge backseats. And I’m so going to put you there!” Yunho retorted childishly as he crossed his arms to give more effect to his statement. But the pout on the chiselled face ruined it all as it reminded Jaejoong of a very petulant child and he giggled at the thought.

“Why are you so adamant in putting me on your backseat, Yunho-yah?”

The leader grunted in annoyance as he focussed on the passing scenery. Filming of The Night Watchmen was temporarily postponed as the writer of the drama had taken a week of emergency leave to deal with some personal matters. Thus, he thought of dragging Changmin to Jeju for a retreat. When the music video of Back Seat was released, Yunho persuaded and whined until the trio agreed to join them on the spontaneous trip. Jaejoong thought that the vacation could double up as a celebratory trip for their newest album. Despite not releasing any albums for an extended period of time, fans had reacted positively to their creation and the response he got just made him feels giddy. And it was not like they would be busy promoting their songs for there were still invisible sanctions against them.

All the more for them to make such a sensual song as their title track. They did not need to worry about censoring or having to change parts of the lyrics into something less ­ual. He shivered at the recollection of Mirotic. The media had made such a huge debacle over the ual innuendo of the song that they were forced to perform the clean version of it anytime before 10pm. I’ve got you, under my sky. The lead singer shuddered ever harder.

“Stop giving me the silent treatment. If not for you, I would have already been on the beach suntanning and not still driving on this deserted strip of road,” Jaejoong prodded. The man was the last to arrive at Jeju. However, he had forgotten to reserve a rental car and by the time he got to the counter, all the cars were already rented out unfortunately. Thus, Jaejoong had to fetch the troublesome leader since taking a taxi was not an alternative.

“Oh please. As if you can get tan,” Yunho snorted at Jaejoong’s comment.

“I so did get tan during Mirotic!”

“For a month or so, yeah.”

“I apologise if I have vampire genes, you dark-skinned man.”

“That’s racism, you white-skinned man!” Yunho looked at Jaejoong in aghast.

“You want racism? I give you racism, you… you small eyed man!”

Yunho leaned dangerously close to Jaejoong and he opened his eyes to the damn widest he could.

“My. Eyes. Are. Not. Small,” he punctuated each word with force. “Apologise to them now. You hurt their feelings.”

“Say sorry to my skin then too. You offended them.”

The car was silent as each was trying to protect their bruised ego.

One minute passed. And another minute flew away. By the third minute, both men were fidgeting on their seats.

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry.”

And just like that, Yunho and Jaejoong were back to talking nonsense, as if nothing had happened the last ten minutes. The rest of the drive was spent on Yunho ridiculously worrying that the newly joined Infinite might steal his fans away from him and Jaejoong trying his hardest to not roll his eyes at the paranoid leader.

“Maybe I should accept some artistic movie offers and go full on the silver screen to steal more of your fans,” the lead singer could not help but teased.

“That’s not the same, Jaejoongie. Stealing fans from me is just like borrowing money from your dad but returning it to your mom. Either way, the money is still within the family. But Infinite is different. It’s like borrowing money from your dad and but returning it to your uncle. See? The family now suffers a loss and-

“Did you just say full ? Like full? Including Little Jaejoongie?” The leader cut off mid-speech when his brain finally registered the words of the visual shocker. He shook his head mournfully. Jaejoong should be known as audio shocker too since his weird sense of speech usually leaves people laughing or speechless. Pretty extreme reactions if Yunho were to say. Jaejoong stepped harder on the gas pedal as Yunho listed 101 reasons why Jaejoong should never film a o.

(“It’s not . It’s supposed to be appreciated from an artistic viewpoint!”

“Still .”)

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho and Jaejoong finally arrived at the secluded vacation house. It was a beautiful two-story house by the sea. They had bought over the house years ago and stayed over frequently since Jeju was only an hour’s flight away from Seoul. The prime location kept it away from snipping reporters and fangirls. A long stretch of beach before theirs was private, thus discouraging many people, including locals, from wandering down even further to discover the little piece of haven that was hidden.

Jaejoong parked the car haphazardly and skipped towards the house. Yunho got down the car, mumbling about how Jaejoong never really bothered to park his car properly ever. The lead singer ignored the man for he never wanted to contest for Korea’s Best Driver anyway. He opened the door to the house to the voice of a Caucasian woman talking.

“Now, hook the bottom two bands over. Same for the next peg. Hook the bottom two bands and bring it over. Repeat for the entire row.”

Junsu sat cross-legged at the coffee table, surrounded by an overwhelming amount of what seems like colourful elastic bands that little girls used to tie their hair with. He was watching intently on an iPad propped on the table, closed off to the world.

“Whoa! Junsu, you plan to quit JYJ and be a hair stylist?” Yunho asked as he saw swathed in coloured rubber bands.

The blonde whipped his head back in surprise and he quickly paused the video. The hard push left the iPad falling onto the table.

“H-hyung-deul!”

“Junsu, what’s up with all this rubber hair ties?” Yunho pulled a face at the loops scattered around as he fell to the floor, body leaning against Junsu heavily.

“Hyung, these are not hair ties. These are called Rainbow Looms used for making bracelets,” Junsu responded matter-of-factly, the tone a little defensive. Just like how a Porsche owner would politely correct anybody who pronounces their car ‘Porsch’ or ‘Porchey’ or any other renditions except ‘Porscher’.

Rolling his eyes, Yunho randomly picked a ­loom and stretched it between his fingers. The fragile elastic rubber snapped at the pressure.

Junsu’s whine was immediate.

“Hyung! You just have to choose a red one to snap. Can’t you see that I’m facing a red coloured looms deficiency?” The agitated man waved his arms around furiously. For a moment, Yunho thought Junsu resembled the bird from Flappy Birds. The leader looked around the coffee table timidly. The looms were all over the place and Yunho could feel his eyes crossing at the colourful mess. How could anyone know that the reds were limited in numbers.

Sensing the rather tense situation, Jaejoong cut in.

“Su, you know where are the two?” The house was too quiet for the resident pranksters.

“They are outside, something about trying to be a lobster or trying to catch one,” Junsu frowned as he answered, fingers moving expertly over the loom board. He did not really pay any attention to what Yoochun was saying to him, only knowing that they were going out and it was related to lobsters.

“There are no lobsters in Jeju’s seas, Junsu-yah. If only we are at Boston,” Yunho sighed as he imagined the succulent meat of the red shellfish.

“Junsu-yah, make me an elephant while I find those two idiots,” Jaejoong called out as he went out of the back door.

“Ignore him, Su. Make me Bambi first,” Yunho whispered conspiratorially into the ears of the rainbow loom expert.

 

 

 

 

The skinny man squinted at the sun the moment he stepped out of the door. He regretted not bringing his shades out and was lazy to go back in to grab it although it only take one step to get back into the cool house. It did not take long for Jaejoong to find Yoochun and Changmin. The two men were lying on their stomachs at the sunniest part of the beach, backs an alarming shade of pink. Looking at their scotched back, Jaejoong suddenly had the urge to have steak for the pinkness reminded him of a medium-well done steak. Swallowing his saliva, Jaejoong quickly made his way back, not wanting to be under the sun anymore. He was going to be the face for a Japanese stamp company 10th anniversary commemoration stamps and he would rather die than to find a single freckle on his face. His lips twisted into an evil smirk as he predicted the price Yoochun and Changmin will have to pay for their childish bet.

 

 

 

 

The back door was tugged harshly as the sunbathing men trudged into the house. Jaejoong looked up lazily from his perch on the sofa. Yunho was in his room, snoring thunderously away while Junsu was still in his loom loom circle. Jaejoong felt that rainbow loom were such a mouthful and decided that loom loom had a nicer ring to it. But of course, the singer was smart not to let the loom loom-obsessed man know of it or he would never live to see the next sunrise.

Yoochun and Changmin were all smiles as they passed the living room. They had settled that it was a draw and nobody won the immature sunbathing, or sunbaking in Jaejoong’s words, competition even though Changmin’s back was a shade darker than Yoochun’s. But the shorter man argued that it was due to Changmin’s tanner skin that’s why. The maknae accepted Yoochun’s reasoning which was why they settled with a draw. Jaejoong smiled widely at them, knowing that their smiles would soon turn into cries as he petted at two bottles of aloe vera gel at his side.

Within moments, twin screams rang through the house as two men ran out of the bathrooms at the same time. The screams were so loud and shrill that it had woken the sleeping Yunho as he tumbled down the stairs. Three men were soon standing in front of the lead singer, one looking around alertly while the other two, wrapped with only a towel around their waists, could hardly contain their tears. Recovering first, Changmin let out a sob before laying his body over Jaejoong’s knees, showing Jaejoong his pink back. The sunbaking duo had not registered the aftermath of their intense session and was overwhelmed with pain when the shower hit their sensitive skin.

Jaejoong slapped lightly on the rather burnt back and Changmin almost howled the roof down. Before the violent singer could do anything, Jaejoong poured almost half a bottle of the transparent liquid on his back. The cooling sensation had Changmin resting his full weight on Jaejoong’s knees as he relaxed. Realising that Jaejoong was able to relieve the pain, Yoochun scrambled towards the Mother Theresa in his eyes.

Jaejoong nodded his head towards Yunho and threw the other bottle of aloe vera gel to the man who was glaring vehemently at the duo who had literally jolted him out of his bed for such a petty matter. Yoochun’s eyes were locked at the life-saving bottle as the bottle flew in the air and into the palm of Yunho. Left with no other choices, Yoochun dragged his feet reluctantly to where the leader was seated at. Jaejoong was already applying the lotion on Changmin and if Yoochun were to forcefully remove the man… The greasy man shuddered subconsciously. Junsu, after making sure that nothing big had happened, returned back to his rainbow looming. He seemed to be making bracelets and Yoochun thought that if the bracelets were for his cats, then the blonde would be failing miserably for the bracelets were much too big for the paws of his cats. Thus, there was only Yunho left to rescue him from the pain. Copying the position of Changmin, Yoochun sighed as the cooling lotion relieved the burning pain.

Blissful moans escaped Changmin’s lips as Jaejoong ran his hands over his back expertly while Yoochun whined painfully. It was not that Yunho was doing a bad job, in fact Yunho was at his most careful that Yoochun had known for the leader barely applied any pressure at all. But his rather callous hands were rubbing against the thinned skin, aggravating it.

“Yunho-yah, gentler,” Jaejoong reminded him as Yoochun whimpered a little louder.

“You should really take note of this habit, Jaejoongie,” Yunho advised as he lightened the of his hands.

“What habit?” Jaejoong asked.

“Calling me Yunho-yah in public.”

“Oh.” Jaejoong understood what the leader was referring to and smiled sheepishly.

“I just got so excited knowing that you responded to a question about me in public and the words just tumbled all out,” Jaejoong pouted.

“Is that why you didn’t even say my name at all? Because you was afraid that you would refer me as Jaejoongie?” The lead singer cocked his head to the side at his question.

Flushing, Yunho tried to change the conversation. “You didn’t have to respond with an entire paragraph either,” Yunho frowned as he recalled the words.

“You know, the entire fandom almost went into a mental meltdown because of you two? Four years of zero interaction and suddenly Jaejoong goes Yunho-yah in an interview,” Changmin pointed it out. He was really surprised when he learnt of this, but then this was Jaejoong and his serious lack of mouth filter was what made him so adorable in the first place. And to say the truth, Changmin was a little disappointed when he read what Jaejoong said. He was hoping that the lead singer would mention him too. But he didn’t.

“Imagine if we could address one another in public, what would you say?” Jaejoong threw the question to the floor.

Pain momentarily forgotten, Yoochun was the first to answer.

““Changminnie, Jaejoong-hyung cooked your favourite chicken soup for me because I felt like having some.” Or, “Changmin-yah, there’s this new instant ramyun flavour and oh my god, it tasted so good!””

“What flavour?” The greedy pig perked up instantly. The boys laughed at Changmin’s expected behaviour and Jaejoong coaxed the excited boy to lie back again.

““Yunho hyung, I’m wearing Jaejoongie hyung’s boxers!” Or maybe, “Yunho hyung, Jaejoongie hyung kissed a girl today. Thrice!”” Junsu was next as he turned to face s, lips tugging into a mischievous grin.

“Pfft. If Jaejoongie were to ever lend you his underwear, I would wear Changdolah’s Iron Man boxers,
 Yunho stated lightly. However, his words were not aligned with his actions as Yoochun immediately keened at the sudden pressure of his still sensitive back.

““Jaejoong hyung, Heechul hyung has almost become Yunho hyung’s second shadow, following him everywhere. And he said that he’s prettier than you, hyung.” I’ve been itching to say this every time an interviewer handed me a mic,” Changmin butted in.

“I’m going to skin that man alive,” Jaejoong muttered darkly.

The group fell into companionable silence. Even though they could say the same thing to one another in private, it was just different to say it in public. It is like changing the Facebook status to ‘in a relationship’, it just isn’t the same.

“I meant every word I said, Yunho-yah. Period dramas are really hard to act. If you need help, ask Yoochun or me since we filmed them before,” Jaejoong spoke, and was there a hint of smugness that Yunho detected?

“That’s right, Yunho-hyung! We will answer all your questions since I acted as a scholar and Jaejoongie hyung was even a military officer. We even cover western period dramas since Junsu here was Mozart before! So don’t hesitate to call 1800-JYJ-WE-WILL-HELP-YOU.” Yoochun sounded like some promoter advertising a helpline.

“Yeah, hyung! I can teach you the most comfortable method to wear the annoying wig!” Junsu piped in helpfully.

Yunho grunted in response. Hell, was his acting that bad that s had to so vocally offer their help? Fine, Jaejoong did improve tremendously in Triangle and Yunho may or may not have watched every single episode of that drama despite his tight schedule, including that one scene where Jaejoong had raced down the entire street with nothing but a red muay thai boxers.

“Hey, who was that lady in the MV? The one where you guys were breathing down her neck and most probably touching her everywhere too?” Changmin asked.

“Why?”

“I’m lonely. She’s hot. So why not?”

And the statement earned Changmin four slapped on his red back, including Junsu who had paused his YouTube tutorial to hit the maknae.

 

 

 

 

 

Five guys laid on the sand as the sound of waves washed through them. It was already pretty late in the night, but none wanted to sleep yet for they were to leave the next day and did not want to waste the rest of the night asleep. Sleep was for the weak, according to Changmin. The night sky was clear and was full of twinkling stars.

“Do you think we can see Cassiopeia from here?” Yoochun asked.

“I’m bad at astronomy. So if I can trace a W out from any five stars, then that would be Cassiopeia for me,” Changmin responded.

“Good point.”

Junsu sat up after a while and dug through the pockets of his shorts.

“These are for you,” he said as he dropped a bracelet in everyone’s lap.

It was a simple red bracelet, but knowing that Junsu had spent the entire day weaving them made it even more precious than any of the accessories they were wearing then. Yoochun, Jaejoong and Changmin immediately slipped on the red bracelet, marvelling at the intricate twists that held up the bracelet. Yunho, on the other hand, frowned heavily at his.

“Why isn’t it red like theirs?”

“Because you snapped the red loom, I didn’t have enough for yours. That’s why,” Junsu stuck his tongue out.

“But do you have to use metallic gold?”

“What’s wrong with that? It’s a pretty nice colour, isn’t it?” Junsu asked, confused as to why Yunho was making such a fuss over something so petty.

“It’s Infinite’s fan colour!”

At his words, Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong and Changmin got up and returned to their house, having enough of Yunho’s insecurity.

“Don’t you dare throw the bracelet into the sea, Yunho hyung!” Junsu shouted across before slamming the front door shut as Yunho’s hand paused midway in the air.

 

 

 

AN: I just can't believe that Jaejoong actually said YUNHO-YAH. Not Yunho-shii, but YUNHO-YAH. I just. I couldn't think of a title, a summary because there's only YUNHO-YAH in my head. And Jaejoong was freaking hot in the MV. I think he's the only person I know who can just sit in the car in a t-shirt and look so gorgeously y. On a side note, I think there's a change in Infinite's fan colour,but I couldn't find it. So I used their previous fan colour. If any of you know of the correct colour, feel free to drop me a note and I'll change. Last note, YUNHO-YAH.