Stalking

Snatches and Snippets

Summary: It seems as though Yunho had a love interest. Changmin, Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun made it their responsibility to find out who she is.

 

“Sir, your steak,” a waiter informed as he placed a sizzling plate on a table.

Changmin grunted his acknowledgement for his eyes were fixated at a couple a few tables away from him. The man was laughing at something his female companion was saying.

Blindly cutting up a piece of steak, Changmin munched the piece of meat. The tenderness of the beef failed to take away the glutton’s attention from the couple.

A nearby waiter was feeling conflicted. The massive frown spotted on Changmin had him wondering if he should step up and ask if the meat was really that bad. After all, the restaurant was very famous for its steak and all the waiters there were very proud of the steak they served. It was in their motto that they would never allow a customer leave the compound unsatisfied.

“Sir, is the steak up to your satisfaction?” the waiter could no longer hold it in and approached the man who was seemingly in agony.

Changmin looked up in surprise.

“No, no, it’s wonderful…”  A quick glance at the badge pinned proudly on the waiter’s vest told Changmin the waiter’s name, “ Wonshik.”

“Ah, that’s great because you looked so sullen so I thought that the steak was not to your taste,” Wonshik replied, an embarrassed smile adorned.

“Oh, that. I was just wondering if I should get him over or not,” Changmin grumbled, as he got reminded of the reason why he looked so ‘sullen’ as how Wonshik had put it.

Shooting an awkward smile, Wonshik excused from the table.

Changmin took a big gulp of water, hoping that the iced water could help clear his mind a little. He fished his phone out from his trousers’ pocket and proceeded to message a certain person.

 

 

 

Half an hour later, three men were found occupying the table where Changmin was seated at. He glared at the two uninvited guests.

“Yoochun hyung,” Changmin reclined on his seat, as he sipped on his cappuccino leisurely.

Putting on a look of pure innocence, Yoochun was quick to explain.

“I only told Junsu!”

The aforementioned guy beamed brightly at Yoochun.

“And so I called Jaejoong hyung over!” The musical actor responded, totally oblivious to the actual situation.

“Junsu, we are going to use this to blackmail Yunho hyung. He is going to abide to our wishes in exchange for keeping this away from Jaejoong hyung!”

“Why would he want to hide this from me?” Jaejoong frowned, stealing a sip of Changmin’s cappuccino.

“You always complain how he spends more time with his friends than with you. Do you really think he would allow you to know of this so that you can nag his ear off and burn his pocket with whatever atrocious furniture that caught your eyes again?”

Jaejoong scrunched his face up at the maknae’s reasoning.

“Well, just make him think that I don’t know about this. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him, would it?” Jaejoong retorted, lips split in a cunning smile.

“Umm, hyung, I hate to interrupt you now but Yunho is wiping the fresh cream off the lips of the lady,” Yoochun cut in.

Jaejoong and Changmin turned their heads immediately towards Yunho’s direction, only to see their leader using a napkin to remove the fresh cream off the lady’s lips.

“H-hyung?” the resident dolphin stammered when he noticed the tight grip Jaejoong had on the cup. He swore he almost heard the ceramic cracking under the grasp.

 

 

 

In a matter of minutes, four-fifths of DBSK evolved into secret agents as they followed Yunho and his date across the mall. And in Junsu’s opinion, they did resembled James Bond if they could get their hands on a proper suit. Tattered jeans and Yoochun’s summer shorts in the current winter season hardly counts as James Bond attire. The couple soon entered an Armani boutique, with the four wanna-be secret agents hot on their heels.

Sooyeon, a senior Armani sales associate, was quick to recognize their prized customer.

“Jaejoong-“

Jaejoong literally jumped at his spot, as he pressed an urgent finger to his lips. Understanding the universal action, Sooyeon stepped back. This was not the first time Jaejoong had acted weird in the store, and she was not going to offend the eccentric man at all. With zipped, Sooyeon watched as the four men proceeded to the women’s corner in a single file.

Jaejoong grabbed a silk scarf as they passed by a table full of scarves. In a fluid motion, he draped the scarf over his head and knotted it under his chin. Changmin rolled his eyes. This was exactly the reason why he was so reluctant in getting Jaejoong involved with this. The guy had such a drama flair that he has no idea what subtlety means. Yoochun almost snorted at his soulmate’s actions.  He looked exactly like an ahjumma, only with a 450,000₩ scarf on his head.

The three men got closer to their targets as they pretended to peruse through the racks of clothing intended for females. The nearby sales associates left them to be, as they took their cues from Sooyeon who was shaking her head to them. None of the three stealthy men noticed that Junsu was not with them. The said singer was right at the other end of the boutique, at the mens’ wear, staring intently at a pair of dolphin printed slacks.

Slowly, the trio crept closer to the chatting couple, and finally able to catch the ongoing conversation.

“Yunho oppa, what do you think of this?” The lady exclaimed, while pointing to an extremely short lacy dress. Her giggles at the end were enough to inform Yunho that she was not serious at all.

“Not bad, but how about this?” Yunho teased, as he pulled an even more revealing piece of garment from a nearby rack.

The loud snickering from the couple almost had Jaejoong retching his lunch out.

Hearing a gagging noise, Yunho casted a glance towards the man covered by a scarf. Panicked, Jaejoong randomly yank a blouse out in an attempt to hide behind the clothes. The pretty man cursed under his breath when he realized that the blouse was of a sheer material and he could see Yunho’s piercing eyes looking at him through the blouse. With as much composure as a reindeer on skates, Jaejoong jammed the hanger back onto the rack and tugged a bright red jacket out, making sure that this time the material was not ­see-through. Changmin was suddenly interested in the linings of a pencil skirt while Yoochun bent down to tie his shoelaces, only to realize that he had worn slippers. He then switched to rubbing his ankles awkwardly. Yunho raked his eyes over the three men before turning back towards his date. He gave an encouraging smile when he realized that she was heading towards the fitting room.

With his date gone, Yunho suddenly felt awkward in the women’s section and slipped both hands into the back pocket s of his trousers. Spotting an empty couch, Yunho decided to rest his legs while waiting for her. The trio also made their way towards the couch, with the bright red jacket still firmly in the hold of Jaejoong’s.

“Yunho oppa?” A soft voice broke the silence as the lady finally stepped out of the fitting room.

Yunho whistled lowly, and a thin blush dusted the lady’s cheeks. She did look good in the simple white dress, like an angel. But Jaejoong would never acknowledge that fact. Instead, he started to gag yet again. Yunho’s response was swift as he turned in his seat. Changmin reflexively lifted the poor bright red jacket up, effectively blocking the soulfighters from Yunho’s view and Yoochun bent down to tie his non-existent shoelaces. The three boys remained in their position until Yunho and his girlfriend left the area. Heaving a big sigh, Yoochun wiped away the perspiration on his forehead. Who knew being a secret agent was more difficult than dancing to Mirotic?

Junsu was bouncing on his feet excitedly. He had finally made his decision to buy the trousers. Wanting to get the opinions of his fashionista members, he looked around the shop and found the three of them in the process of leaving. Squeaking, he threw the slacks away and made a beeline to the exit. He already had a foot out of the compound when a firm hand landed on his forearm. Spinning around, he saw a lady looking at him resolutely.

“That will be a total of 450,000₩, sir.”

“What?” Junsu was speaking in the dolphin register.

“The scarf that Jaejoong-shii tied on his head,” Sooyeon tried to explain as she pointed to Jaejoong who was already a distance from the shop.

Squinting, Junsu almost fainted at the elaborately printed pink scarf on top of the lead singer’s head. Still shocked, Junsu handed her his credit card mutely as Sooyeon ringed the purchase in a matter of minutes. Junsu grieved at the huge hole Jaejoong had managed to burn before running after them in case they decided to ditch him.

 

 

 

As Yunho and his companion turned into the carpark, the trio realised that they were going to leave the mall. Changmin quickly scanned the area, easily spotting Jaejoong’s flamboyant four-seater sports car. Without any preamble, the long legged man broke into a run towards the car. Catching on, Jaejoong unlocked his car from behind, waiting for an impending drama to unfurl. A few seconds later, Yoochun yelled a string of obscenities, before chasing after the cunning maknae. The sharp slaps of the slippers against the concrete flooring resonated across the carpark. Junsu was quick on his heels as he raced towards the car too. Jaejoong shook his head, an indulgent smile on his face, when he saw Changmin emerged victorious, seating comfortably at the passenger seat.

“Yah, Shim Changmin!” Yoochun screamed as he tugged viciously at the door handle of the passenger seat. Junsu had already given up, finding purchase at the back seats. The evil man pulled stupid faces at the safety of his seat, further infuriating the actor. Jaejoong laughed at the childishness of s as he slid into the driver seat. Left with no other choices, Yoochun reluctantly sat at the back, but not without kicking the back of Changmin’s seat.

The two cars finally eased onto the highway, with Jaejoong’s car tailing at the back.

“Do you think the girl is Yunho’s hyung girlfriend?” Junsu asked.

“Yeah Jaejoongie hyung, who is she?” Yoochun pestered the driver. He knew that the two eldest seldom kept secrets from each other, and they were always the first to know of any potential girlfriends for that matter.

Jaejoong glared at his soulmate from the rear view mirror.

“If I knew who she was, I wouldn’t be here stalking Yunho like some sasaeng fan,” Jaejoong gritted out.

“Oh my god, hyung, you didn’t know?!?” Changmin widened his eyes, as he gasped. But everybody could see how painfully exaggerated his reaction was. As handsome the maknae might be, he still needs some more improvement with regards to his acting.

Jaejoong lunched towards him, punching Changmin for his redundant statement.

“HYUNG!” Junsu shrieked as he saw Jaejoong removed his hands from the steering wheel to manhandle the youngest.

Sighing, Jaejoong sat back and made a show of placing both his hands back on the steering wheel.  Just when the car became quiet, Junsu started humming to a song playing randomly on the radio. It started as a soft hum, but as the song progresses, he began to sing louder. It did not help as Yoochun heard him and hummed along with him. It had been a while since he had last sang, and it suddenly reminded him that as much as he loved acting, singing had, and have, been his passion.

 

 

“Oppa, sing!” Yunho’s date urged when she caught the familiar melody playing on the radio. Turning the volume up, she turned towards Yunho expectantly. Left with no other choices, Yunho decided to humour her and sang along with the song. If it was in another situation, Yunho might have laughed at himself for slipping into his bass position so naturally despite there was nobody singing the main melody. The lady cocked her head to the side when she heard the unfamiliar bass notes but she held her tongue, content to just hear Yunho sing.

 

Stolen my soul Stolen my heart

Nae ane geudaega neomuna neomchyeo

 

Nobody could be more shocked that Jaejoong when Changmin harmonised from the front. The smile on Junsu’s face became wider as he sang louder, growing more bold with Changmin’s involvement.

 

Nae gaseum aneseo geudaen machi buldeongeoricheoreom

Hayahge beonjyeogago itjyo modu taewobeoryeoyo

 

Unable to resist, Jaejoong finally joined in, blending his voice in with practiced ease.

 

I know, our love is miracle…

geudaen nae ane gotongeul nahgo

 

Five voices blended together as they sang the song. So close yet so far. There could not have been an even more fitting phrase to describe the circumstance then.

 

Daeji wie ppurin sarangcheoreom…Tonight

 

The rest of the car ride was silent. Nobody wanted to open any more wounds. They had been hurt enough. They are more than satisfied with their current situation, neither wanting to go or even think beyond.

 

 

 

“They better not be buying a damn lock,” Jaejoong growled as he turned into carpark for the N Seoul Tower. His thoughts grew darker by the second as he pictured Yunho and his girlfriend writing their names on the lock with hearts and locking the lock onto the crowded metal bars at the top of N Seoul tower.

To avoid suspicion, the four of them took the second lift to the top of the tower. Yoochun gripped tightly at the bars on the glass box as the lift began its ascend. The lift finally opened, much to Yoochun’s relief, and he quickly stepped out. The top of the N Seoul Tower offers a 360 degree view of Seoul. They decided to begin from the left, enjoying the snow covered view from above.

As they laughed over Junsu’s silly comment of wanting to grow a palm tree in his house, they meet Yunho and his date straight on. There was no avoiding this time, and the four handsome men sported similar grimaces.

“Jaejoongie?” Yunho called out.

The tallest maknae snorted. Trust Yunho to only acknowledge Jaejoong although Junsu, Yoochun and he were just beside the lead singer too.

“Hi?” Jaejoong squeaked his greeting. Yoochun elbowed the blonde for his unnaturally high voice.

“What are you guys doing here!”

“Umm…. Well…” Jaejoong was tongue tied.

“We are planning for our Christmas party!” Junsu shot out.

The quirk of Yunho’s brow told them that he did not really buy Junsu’s excuse.

Deciding to change the topic before they got discovered, Yoochun cleared his throat.

“Who is this lovely lady here?” he gestured towards the silent female.

The lady blushed at the attention and pressed herself further beside Yunho.

“Oh, she’s my cousin!” The leader answered enthusiastically while patting his cousin’s hand soothingly.

“Cousin?” Jaejoong had met with the whole of Yunho’s external family so many times, that he practically knew who was Yunho’s third uncle down to his youngest cousin and he had never seen this cousin.

“Yeah!”

“But I’ve never seen her before.” Jaejoong’s face was so confused that Yunho’s cousin could hardly get mad at the cute man before her.

“She’s the one who stays at London, Jaejoongie!”

“London….” The blonde mumbled. Now that Yunho brought it up, he vaguely recalled that Yunho did share about a cousin of his that stays permanently in London.

“Jung Dongki!” Jaejoong brightened up visibly as he finally remembered the name of the said cousin. The gasp from the female confirmed that Jaejoong remembered her name correctly.

“Hyung, how did you managed to remember her name,” Changmin asked. Jaejoong was never good with names and yet he was able to remember Yunho’s cousin’s name, somebody that he had never met before.

“Oh, that’s because I associated her name with donkey-“ Yunho slapped his palm over Jaejoong’s babbling mouth.

He laughed awkwardly as Jaejoong tried to talk with the hand still pressed firmly on his mouth. Dongki simply looked on, not knowing what to do while Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin was leaning towards Jaejoong to make out the muffled response.

A firm look from Yunho had Jaejoong immediately looking chastised. Certain that his other half had stopped his babble, Yunho removed his hand.

“Jaejoong oppa, I freaking love you!” Dongki announced the moment Yunho’s hand left Jaejoong’s face.

The sudden confession caught Jaejoong off balance and he sought out Yunho for confirmation. The leader rubbed his face tiredly.

“Yes, you are her bias in DBSK even though I’m her cousin,” Yunho explained before pouting at his cousin for her preference.

“Really,” the lead singer smiled and linked his arm with his newly found fan.

The three dongsaengs rolled their eyes at Jaejoong. It is a well-known fact that Jaejoong loves his fans. He had probably forgotten that he had mentally strangled Dongki just a few hours ago. Yunho stood, stupefied, as he saw how Jaejoong took his cousin away from him effortlessly.

Deciding to stay with his dongsaengs instead, Yunho walked behind Jaejoong and Dongki, who were chatting animatedly between themselves. He raked his eyes over Jaejoong’s winter fashion when he spotted a very familiar pink cloth stuffed haphazardly into his jean’s back pocket. He reached forward and pulled it out. Instinctively, he threw the scarf over Jaejoong’s head.

Yunho gaped when he realised why he thought the scarf was so familiar looking. The weird guy at Armani!

“You!” He turned to look at Junsu, Changmin and Yoochun.

“Run!” Changmin cried, before the four men sprinted off in different directions, leaving a fuming Yunho and a very puzzled Dongki behind.

 

AN: YEAH! Finals are finally overrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So I hope I can update more regularly now. Thanks for putting up with my sparse updates these few months. Comment are VERY much loved. HAHAHAHA.