Tiffany's Second Key [1/3]

Snatches and Snippets

AN: What started out as a ficlet.... Anyway, this is the first part of the second installment of Tiffany's Keys. Part two will up soon, I hope.... HAHA. Anyway, conversation in italics are in English.

 

 

 

The house was quiet save for the soft humming of the air conditioner and the occasionally tearing of envelopes. The air conditioner was a godsend from the scorching sun beating down mercilessly outside. Jaejoong sighed blissfully as the cool air ran across his body.

“Cold?” Yunho asked when he felt Jaejoong shivered.

“No. This temperature is perfect.”

Silence befell the couple as Jaejoong went through a huge stack of envelopes propped on his front. He had his head on the firm thighs of Yunho while his entire body laid prone on the couch. The fashionista was decked in an old oversized varsity t-shirt and a pair of black boxers, both stolen from Yunho’s closet. Yunho was only clad in a well-worn blue-striped pyjamas pants. His hand ran idyllic across the soft raven locks of Jaejoong on his lap while the other hand was reading letters that Jaejoong passed to him after he read them.

“An interview with FHM for being the hottest bachelor in Korea?” Yunho raised a brow at the content of the letter.

“Well, I am still a bachelor in the eyes of the media,” Jaejoong shrugged. He raised his left hand mid-air and scratched his unadorned ring finger. The CEO rolled his eyes at the subtlety and smacked Jaejoong lightly on his face with the paper.

“Hey, don’t ruin this face. You can’t afford to.” The model pushed the offending hand away and patted his precious face with an egoistic smile.

“But honestly, Yunho-yah, you are the most unromantic person I’ve known. This is the most boring second anniversary ever,” Jaejoong grumbled without any heat.

The owner of the house ignored the whining man as he continued to peruse through Jaejoong’s letters. They did not really have any concrete plans for the special day, one having been back a day ago from a four-day conference at New York while the other just arrived in the wee hours of the morning after wrapping up a month of fashion walks in Paris. The moment Jaejoong landed on the Korean soil, he flew to his apartment, emptied his bursting letterbox into his LV tote bag and went straight to Yunho’s house. One month was far too long for Jaejoong, and the model did not want to wait even a second more from reuniting with his love. Phone calls and Skype could not replace the warm touches and kisses from the man.

Coupled with the fact that both of them were past the age of needing to validate their love to the public at every opportunity, Yunho and Jaejoong were more content spending these special moments with just the two of them alone. There was no need for any events or gifts for what is more precious than each other? In fact their first anniversary was spent with Jaejoong lounging away in Yunho’s spacious office drawing sketches of Yunho in various unglamourous positions and facial expressions from memory while Yunho busied himself with the paper work concerning the newest hotel that was ready to be revealed to the masses. It certainly was an intriguing day for the employees of Jung Industries to see the normally stoic CEO so enamoured by his other half.

“Now then I think about it, this is the most unromantic relationship I ever had,” Jaejoong was relentless, egged by the lack of response by Yunho.

“You speak as if you’ve been through a lot of relationships.”

“Of course. I’m almost thirty already! With this superior face, gorgeous face and an amazing personality, did you know how many admirers and boyfriends I had all these while?” The supermodel professed haughtily.

Yunho pinched Jaejoong’s nose for his unneeded comment but he decided to play along with his lover who seems to be on a drama flair for the day.

“And what romantic stuff did they do for you?”

“So there’s this guy who made me a really nice bento with heart shaped rice, and heart shaped carrots and heart shaped tofu and heart sharped mochi at the side. There’s another one who rented the whole of Lotte World on our three month anniversary. It seemed so romantic on the silver screen, but it really was weird with no people at all. Quite eerie in fact. Oh, my favourite was the one who ran on the stage during graduation and started professing his love to me in front of, I think, five thousand guests and students-“

And the list went on as Jaejoong ticked off his fingers and toes. He even made use of Yunho’s fingers when he ran out of digits to tick off. Smiling exasperatedly at the blabbering man, Yunho placed a chaste kiss on the full lips to stop the childish account. Arms automatically wound around the back of Yunho’s neck as Jaejoong deepened the kiss. He groaned low and long when Yunho’s skillful tongue plunged into his mouth, sweeping across his teeth before winding it around his own tongue. Yunho’s tongue retreated but Jaejoong was having none of it. He chased the appendage and the muscle with his own, earning him a deep growl from Yunho.

The kiss finally subsided with small and nips as their chests heaved from the lack of oxygen. Yunho pulled back and gazed fondly at Jaejoong, his lips red and slick.

“Am I still unromantic?” Yunho murmured against the model’s throat as he onto a pale patch of skin there.

“Oh , you don’t have any photoshoots or that sorts tomorrow, do you?” Yunho asked as he hurriedly rubbed at the blossoming hickey on the neck. If there was any inconvenience of having such a supermodel as a lover, it is the inability to mark him whenever he wished to.

“Nope. I told Junsu to push everything off till two weeks later. After a month of French cuisine and hotels, I missed my soondae and galbi, and my bed.” In a silent invitation, Jaejoong tipped his back and exposed his throat even more. Yunho was an opportunist as he immediately resumed his hickey making.

Jaejoong hummed appreciatively at a particular hard .

“So you do acknowledge that I am romantic, huh.”

“Being skillful in bedroom matters hardly makes you a romantic. Do you need me to remind you all the unromantic firsts we had? Our unromantic first anniversary, unromantic first kiss, unromantic first love making…” Jaejoong trailed off as he observed Yunho.

“I see.” Yunho’s tone was cold, his face blank. Jaejoong cocked his head at Yunho’s uncharacteristic response. Yunho was an alpha through and through and he took great pride in satisfying his lovers.

“I must have been hallucinating your voice when you started screaming-“  

Jaejoong slammed a palm across the Yunho’s lips to stop him from impersonating him any further. Yunho had done this in front of their friends before, and Jaejoong would rather die than to hear it ever again. It wasn’t his fault that he had not had any for years and he just couldn’t control his unusually sensitive body when Yunho touched him.

A on his palm brought him back to reality and he snatched his hand away in disgust.

“Eew, Yunho.” And he wiped his wet palm across the very chest of his lover.

“But you can’t deny the fact that the first time we met, it was far from romantic,” Jaejoong snorted.


Yunho chugged a hefty mug of beer and slammed the half-empty glass back on the bar counter. Pushing the cuffs of his left sleeve upwards, he frowned at his watch.

It had been thirty minutes and the man who got him here was nowhere to be. It really to be friends with Changmin. An acidic tongue coupled with a very fast brain, not many people could tolerate being within a one foot radius around Changmin. And it did not help that the man could get so fascinated with the architecture and design of buildings around him, that it was uncommon for the famed designer to suddenly disappear from the walkway or simply just not appear for meetups.  Seems like he was not going to meet that brat tonight afterall, Yunho shook his head in quiet exasperation. To think that Changmin was the one who ordered him to come out tonight to meet him for a drink. But at least he had an excuse to get out of the closed-door charity event. He had flew to New York to seal a deal when he received the invitation. He had no intention of attending, knowing that the charity was a farce. But he knew that it was organized by one of his major business partners, and he needed the man’s help in solidifying Jung Industries’ presence in the US.

He tipped the last of the frothy goodness off and was about to slid off the high chair when a small group of guys caught his attention. Two Caucasians were obviously egging an Asian to down the shots that were laid on the table between them. Under the dim lighting, Yunho could see that the Asian (who was looking quite familiar by the second) was reluctant to do so but the two blondes were not taking no for an answer. If Yunho were to observe longer and harder, he would have realized that the reluctance the Asian exuded was only for show. His back was resting heavily unto the backrest of his chair and his leg were crossed lightly over his thigh. His entire body language was telling; that he was just playing with the boys. But the two men clearly weren’t readers of body language, or perhaps they were a tad too intoxicated to even care. Yunho, blinded by the need to uphold the injustice happening in front of him, he failed to get a clear understanding of the scene before him. Grabbing his pea coat that was draped over the chair next to him, he headed to the trio with firm footsteps.

Jaejoong’s blue coloured irises twinkled with merriment as he pretended to reach out for one of the shooters grudgingly. When he stepped into the bar, he had expected to grab a few to erase the horrendous event he had attended that night, but he hadn’t expect to meet two fools who seemed bent on buying him drinks. Jaejoong was not a cheapskate, he could very well afford any drinks the upscale bar had to offer, and he knew that the two males intended to get him drunk for some… adult reasons. But free alcohol was free alcohol. No one could say no to that. He resisted a snort when he looked at the shooters the two locals had ordered sweepingly. Screaming s, s, and 1-900--MEUP. Typical, typical. He lingered his hand over the different shooters before reaching for the 1-900--MEUP. From the side, Jaejoong caught the gleeful look passed between the two blondes. The dark brown liquid not only well known for its very suggestive name, but its rather potent alcohol content too. The two Westerners were confident that Jaejoong was going to get knocked out after the shot. Before Jaejoong could finally taste the alcohol, a hand grabbed onto his wrist, effectively cutting him off from his joy.

Large doe eyes snapped sharply towards him and Yunho almost stumbled backwards at the intensity of it if he was any lesser of a man. But years in the corporate world had hardened him and Yunho kept a very good hold over his expressions.

That’s not very nice.” Yunho paid no heed to the simmering beauty as he gazed unwaveringly at the two blondes.

Oooh, a knight in shining armour. Aren’t you too old for this?” One of the blondes, with a clean crew cut, cooed sarcastically at being interrupted.

And aren’t you two mature? Pulling off such sleazy stunts to get him.”

Upholder of justice, eh? Let’s see you can still talk after this.” The short-haired male signaled for a waiter. Soon, twenty Flaming Lamborghini shooters were placed in front of them. Yunho sighed before taking the seat beside Jaejoong.

Jaejoong cursed softly at the unwanted interruption. Can’t the man just leave them to be? His soft profanities reached into the keen ears of Yunho and the man sent the still muttering male a look that was hard to decipher. So the male was Korean too. With a very large colourful vocabulary if the vulgarities that Yunho managed to catch were of any proof.

Just in case you aren’t aware, I’ve replaced Baileys with Vodka.”

Yunho simply smirked before switching his attention to the waiter standing at the side. Another ten Flaming Labourghini were set on the table with another two waiters.

Well, it’s not very nice to leave your friend alone so why don’t we all drink together?” Yunho suggested with an ironic friendly smile on his face.

The trio stuck their straws into the small shot glass and the impromptu drink off started. The three waiters were highly experienced with their jobs as they refilled each flaming glass with Blue Curacao and Vodka with speed and precision.

At the final . Yunho grinned in triumph. He threw his straw in the general direction of the two Caucasians who were still trying to finish up their last shot. They were certainly intoxicated. Face flushed and eyes crossed, the two Americans were hardly aware of their surroundings.

They will all be under the gentlemen’s tab,” Yunho piped out when the two drunks stumbled out of the table.

Jaejoong was pretty amazed by the man beside him. Ten consecutive shots of Flaming Lamborghini was no laughing feat, and Yunho’s straw was not burnt in any way too. There were no outward signs of drunkenness at all. While the stranger kept his eyes fixed at the two inebriated men attempting to get out of the bar, he upended his shot of 1-900--MEUP, relishing the familiar burn down his throat.

Hey, though I appreciate your gallant efforts- HEY!”

The moment Yunho saw the two clumsy males exited the bar, he turned around and slammed his head ungraciously onto the table.

Jaejoong drew his body back in shock. When he realized that Yunho was not moving at all, sirens were ringing noisily in his head.

No , you are not doing this to me, Mister.” The slighter male shook the sleeping man hard, trying to rouse him up. But Yunho was too dead to the world. Jaejoong squeezed his eyes shut in frustration. Great, not only did this man thwarted his plan of getting free drink, he was also left to care for him. And given his state, Jaejoong highly doubted that the now snoring man could tell him where he stayed.

Left with no other choices, Jaejoong slipped on his own coat before helping Yunho wore his own roughly, not caring if the other male was hurt or not. With an arm over his shoulder, he slowly hobbled his way out of the bar, with a dead weight leaning against him.

 

 

 

 

Sunlight were casted on Yunho’s face and he scrunched his face at the brightness. Slightly more awake, he was suddenly aware of the merciless throbbing in his head. It was as if there were a thousand drums sounding in his head with an occasional clashing of the cymbals. His mouth was dry and bitter and he turned around to find a comfortable position. Wriggling further onto the center of the bed, he felt something soft and pliant. He threw his arm across and drew the bolster into his embrace. He buried his face and a nice smell permeated his senses. It smelt like warmth and sunshine, with a tinge of honeyed musk.

As he was about to fall back into his sleep, his bolster moved. His frowned deepened as he hugged the bolster tighter. No, he was not going to let his bolster get away. The bolster belongs to him, and only him, and he wanted his bolster to be with him right now. Fingers dug into his hands, as his bolster tried to get out of his grasp. His bolster grew hands, Yunho mused as he made a grab for the hands. While playing with the hands, a nagging thought grew. Bolsters don’t have hands. He blinked blearily and tried to see through his still hazy vision. Raven hair greeted his clearing sight and he soon made out smooth, unblemished back.

With a loud yell, Yunho drew back harshly and tumbled out of the bed with the grace of a one-legged swan. A sleepy head popped up from the bed and peered down.

Are you alright?” Jaejoong yawned.

What the hell are you doing in my room?”

“You are welcome. Look carefully, this is my room.”

Yunho took in his environment. It looks exactly like his hotel suite. Or maybe not. His bathroom was supposed to be on the right, and not on the left. He made a clever guess that he was in the same hotel.

Jaejoong threw his body back onto the soft mattress. He kicked his legs out and got of the bed. Flipping a glass the right way up, he filled it with water from the electric kettle beside. It was then when Yunho realized that Jaejoong was only in a flimsy pair of boxers. The Adonis-like male rested his hips on the counter and drank unhurriedly from his glass, all the while pinning Yunho with a stare.

Still on the floor, Yunho took his time to admire the masterpiece afore him. The man was tall, not as tall as him, but tall enough. His shoulders were broad and tapered off to slim hips. He could see the faint pectoral muscles and a slight hint of triceps on his arms. Not overly muscular, but he knew that the man definitely worked out.

Take a picture, will you? It will last longer.” The smirk told Yunho that the stranger was aware of his unabashed appraisal. Jaejoong was not bothered about the way Yunho had looked at him. Being a model, he was more than used to strut around half-, with professionals touching him here, there, everywhere.

He took his chance and had a proper looked at the man whom he shared his bed with the night before. His almond shaped eyes told Jaejoong that the man was most likely of East Asian descent. As his eyes trailed lower, he caught sight of a dusty trail of hair from his navel, stretching down to his boxers. Jaejoong grinned appreciatively. It was then when Yunho was aware of his similar state of undress.

Like a damsel, he pulled the sheets off the bed and wrapped it round his body once, twice and thrice.

“Why am I here?”

“After the stunt you pulled last night, you can’t remember anything?”

Yunho frowned. His headache was not helping matters too. He stared at the white sheets around him in consternation and flashes of what happened the night before assaulted him.

“Urgh, I’m sorry.” Yunho apologized in Korean when he remembered hearing the male in front of him swore in Korean.

“You are Korean too? You speak very fluent English.”

“You too.”

Silence prevailed as it suddenly became awkward. The thought that they were of the same nationality placed things in a different context. If only the other party was American, then this would be swept under the bed and be forgotten. But knowing that they were Koreans, they might run into each other in future.

“Do I know you? You seem familiar,” Yunho spoke. He had already felt it at the bar but he just could not put his finger onto it.

Now that Yunho had mentioned, Jaejoong had also found him quite familiar.

“I guess it’s time to introduce myself. I’m Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong walked towards the bundle on the floor and squatted. He held his hand out.

Taking his hand, Yunho shook it. “I’m Jung Yunho.”

Jaejoong inhaled sharply and Yunho took it that the man knew him.

Who didn’t know Jung Yunho. He was the youngest CEO of Korea, having just taken over the reigns from his brilliant father. He was the talk during the month of his succession, and truth to be told, Jaejoong had gotten rather sick from all the attention the man was getting. And Jaejoong knew why the man found him familiar. They were both at the charity event last night.

Jaejoong attended the event as a plus-one of the sponsor of his photoshoot. He was reluctant to accompany the man but Junsu encouraged him to. His manager wanted him to rub shoulders with the businessmen there, hoping that it would bring Jaejoong more endorsements. Left with no other choices, Jaejoong went along with a sincere heart of hoping to help out the needy.

However, an hour into the event, he realized that the charity was just a façade. It was just a time for these businessmen to flaunt their wealth and status. He was so turned off that he did not even bothered socializing with the men. Even though he was not as famous, he had enough endorsements and fashion walks to allow him to not need to build relationships for that night. He caught sight of Yunho then. He was easily one of the youngest man out there, but the way he carried himself told people otherwise. The model did not pay much attention to the young CEO as he quickly wrote him as one of those superficial businessmen too.

“The charity event last night.”

Yunho’s brows rose in acknowledgement as he recalled seeing Jaejoong at the charity too. It was difficult to miss the model for he was stunning that night. In the sea of black and navy formal wear, Jaejoong stood out in red. However, the man in red was unfriendly that night as he clung to the side of the man he had appeared with. It was rather obvious that the man was his sugar daddy and with a disdainful sneer, Yunho returned his attention to the group around him.

Jaejoong withdrew back when he saw Yunho regarded him with a familiar look. He had gotten loads of it ever since he became a model. Gold digger, , and other less classy names were often tacked to him whenever he appeared in these social events.

He held his tongue when Yunho drew to his height. Discarding the sheets, Yunho strode to the bathroom and pulled a bathrobe over him. Once the bathrobe was secured, Yunho took his clothes that was folded neatly on a pile. His wallet and keys were placed on top of his clothes. Without any acknowledgement, Yunho walked out of the door.

“Hey, you can’t leave with the hotel’s bathrobe on you!” Jaejoong pointed out.

“It’s alright. Judging by your room, I think my room’s just beside yours,” Yunho gritted out his response. He was almost out of the room when Jaejoong’s voice halted him.

“Better make sure you don’t leave anything behind. Wouldn’t want to leave an opening for a gold digger like me to latch onto you, would you?” The scathing tone was not undetected. Jaejoong was enraged. He really hated it when people judged him so superficially. They barely knew him and yet they were ready to brand him as a .

The door shut with a resounding thud.