Christmas

Snatches and Snippets

Summary: Christmases with DongBang were never quiet.

 

AN: Let me apologise beforehand if this little shot is a little.... Ridiculous and short. I wrote this in less than an hour because I'll be overseas the next few days and I wanna get this done by Christmas, a little something to you guys out there. MERRY CHIRSTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL NON-CHRISTIANS OUT THERE~~~

 

 

“Why am I Santa?”

“Because your physique is the closest.”

“That was last year, Jaejoongie. I’ve lost alllll of it!” Yunho pouted, not liking the dig at his little belly.

Jaejoong shot him a glare and the leader stood still, allowing the pretty man to make any last minute adjustment to the red suit he had adorned.

“There, perfect!” Jaejoong exclaimed, standing back to admire his handiwork.

“THIS IS YUNHO-TIME!” Yunho roared before spinning around and ending in his signature handstand.

“JUNG YUNHO! THIS IS THE FIFTH TIME YOU SPLIT THE FREAKING SEAM. STOP RUINING THE DAMN CLOTHES FOR ONCE, YOU HULK!”

 

 

 

“Do you think I will be able to see my Santa by tonight?” Yoochun whined miserably as Jaejoong’s screams reverberated the entire apartment.

Junsu patted his thighs consoling while Changmin grunted, which sounded something like, “Don’t worry. Jaejoong hyung will get him out in time.” But really, Changmin’s mouth was too full with the bread pudding and honestly, the maknae did only growled at the worrywart.

“Oh my god! It’s Home Alone!” Yoochun shrieked when he saw the classic Christmas movie showing on the television.

Junsu squealed in joy and snuggled further into the sofa cushions, all ready to enjoy his favourite Christmas movie. Changmin looked at the screen passively, not liking how the young imp could think of more ingenious ideas than him.

 

 

 

“Why do I have to be Santa?”

Jaejoong stilled his hands. Moving away from the reluctant Santa, he sat on his bed hard, bouncing a little on the mattress. Yunho had been a very difficult Santa and had been testing Jaejoong’s patience since morning. The leader had been whining non-stop about how it was just so unfair that he had to be Santa. Words like democracy, voting, human rights, spewed out of that cupid bow in attempts of persuading the lead singer to let him off the Santa role. This was the last time he was going to be patient with Yunho. If Yunho decided to become difficult later on, there were no promises to fans that they will be able to enjoy Yunho’s charismatic performances at the concerts to come by.

“Because Yooochun wants to see Santa.”

“Why does he want to see Santa?”

“Because you know that Christmas is his favouritest time of the year because he got to celebrate with his entire family, including his dad, when they were in ia.”

“So why should I abide to his wishes?”

“Because you want him to be happy.”

“Why do I want to make him happy?”

“Because you don’t want to make him cry.”

Yunho flung himself onto the bed, face down, knowing that he had lost the argument effectively. Jaejoong looked at the writhing body beside him, rolling his eyes at the childishness.

 

 

 

Jaejoong’s bedroom door opened with a loud bang as the door hit the wall.

“Ouch, I’m sorry!” Yunho whined as he rubbed at an extremely sore spot on his head where Jaejoong had struck him hard.

The dongsaengs who were lounging at the living room turned towards the commotion. Junsu giggled at the funny picture while Yoochun smiled brightly.

Santaaaaaaaa~ was all that revolved in the emotional man’s mind.

Changmin almost choked. Yunho was so red that it reminded Changmin of blood, which let to him thinking of females' period, which resulted in big bloody mess. As the self-proclaimed genius’ mind derailed, his keen eyes caught sight of the deep red cranberry sauce drizzled generously over the turkey. The association had him puking, almost.

“Why do you look like you are going to vomit all over the turkey?” Jaejoong’s sharp question had him swallowing the rising half-digested bread pudding down his gullet.

“Yo! It’s Santa Yunho’s time!” Yunho rapped as he walked towards Yoochun. A string of gibberish came out of his mouth but nobody paid any heed as they gave Yunho an odd glare.

“Come on! It’s 2013! Santa is tired of saying ‘Ho ho ho, merry christmas’,” Yunho cried at his narrow minded members.

Yunho started rapping furiously, which was a little like how Kpop had reached to the ends of North Pole and Santa picked up Korean by listening to songs by a certain boyband. At least Yunho had the modesty to leave their band name out from his incredulous rap, Changmin pointed out in between bites of the spare log cake. Jaejoong bought an extra log cake for him because the wise man knew that Changmin would not be able to resist till midnight and he rather have a whole log cake to celebrate with the rest of the members when the time comes.

Yoochun joined in the impromptu rapping. Yunho smiled at his rapping buddy, finally having somebody decent to rap with him. Changmin has an awesome set of vocals, but just not for rapping. However, Yunho’s smile was not for long as Yoochun soon rapped in English. It seemed like Santa Yunho’s English was not fluent enough for him to rap spontaneously.

 

 

 

Dinner was noisy. It was even noisier than usual, since Junsu belted out Christmas carols after every chew and Changmin was so soaked into the atmosphere that he actually sang together with the resident jukebox.  Jaejoong sworn that he was almost deaf when he had Junsu squealing into his right ear and Changmin howling into his left. Yunho was laughing raucously with Yoochun and he almost snorted at the leader. The once unwilling Santa was so comfortably with his Santa get up that Yunho had once or twice rubbed his faux belly pouch subconsciously. The food from the table soon disappeared and four pairs of eyes directed at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong could hardly hide the quirk of his lips at his ever immature ‘kids’ and leader.

“Just go, I’ll clear up here.”

Erupting into joyous cheers, the four men ran towards the Christmas tree (which Jaejoong had somehow sweet talked Yunho in helping him set it up). When Jaejoong had got to the tree, the carpet around him where strewn with torn wrapping papers and opened cardboard boxes.

“XBOX ONEEEEE!” There was one very distinct squeal amongst the excited chatter.

Changmin threw a piece of cloth at Jaejoong. Jaejoong caught the garment with a foolish grin on his face.

“Isn’t this a perfect Christmas gift for you?” he gushed as he admired his present to Changmin.

“Why not buy me the Sleeping Beauty one too so that I will have the entire Disney Princess boxers collection?”

“I was afraid that you would not be able to take it if I gave you both Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel,” Jaejoong eyes twinkled mischievously. The next thing he knew, he had been tackled onto the floor, with Changmin on top of him tickling him viciously. Jaejoong thought he was going to die when Changmin’s unrelenting fingers did not leave his ticklish spot for a good whole minute.

 

 

“Come on, it’s log cake time!” Jaejoong announced when he saw that it was already midnight.

The five of them proceeded towards the dining table, each holding to their favourite Christmas gift. Yoochun had on the most outrageous pair of sunglass given by Yunho who bought them at Japan (where else?) and Junsu held onto an authentic spear from Maasai, a Kenyan tribe, that Yoochun had ordered online. Changmin had surprisingly worn Jaejoong’s Rapunzel boxers over his slacks. Yunho wore an afro wig, a gift from Changmin because he had once drunkenly told Changmin that he wanted to have a “boomz” hairstyle for once. Jaejoong clung to his black elephant plushie that Yunho had tailored for him.

The log cake was beautiful, even more so than the extra cake Jaejoong had bought for Changmin. There was a small squabble as to who would get to eat the only strawberry on the log cake. Yunho emerged victorious from the game of rock, scissors, paper but gave the strawberry to Jaejoong in the end. The five men dug into the cake, not thinking of the calories and horrendous amount of cream they were stuffing into their mouths. Weight management will start the next day.

 

 

 

 

There was this quirky custom of the DongBang household that everybody has to sing Christmas songs after log cake time.

Junsu was bursting to start the ball rolling.

“ME!” He raised his hands up, high in the air when they settled into a circle on the floor.

Yunho laughed before granting Junsu’s permission to sing first.

Clearing his throat, Junsu smiled.

“Do you want to build a snowman, come on let’s go out and play-“

He got cut off suddenly when four pillows were thrown at him.

“I wanted to sing that song!” Jaejoong complained.

“Hey! Stop copying me, I wanted to sing that song,” Changmin shot and the two soul fighters started to bicker within themselves.

“I wanted to sing that song too,” Yoochun pouted, as he deflated visibly.

Yunho rubbed his fake stomach, upset that Junsu had stolen the song that he had wanted to perform in front of them.

 

 

In order to appease s, Junsu proposed to watch Frozen and everybody was more than happy to comply with Junsu.

Junsu sighed blissfully when his rowdy members finally calmed down as the movie started. However, the bliss was short lived when they started arguing as to who get to have Elsa. Junsu facepalmed as Changmin and Yoochun got more agitated over a claim over a cartoon character.

 

 

The next morning, Changmin was singing softly.

“I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus~”

“Who?” Yoochun interrupted with a yawn.

Changmin shot him a smirk and within seconds, Yoochun returned the smirk.

(No brownie points as to who Changmin was referring to~)

 

AN: I JUST CAN'T GET ELSA OUT OF MY HEAD. SHE'S SOOO PRETTY. I'M HAVING A GIRL CRUSH ON HER. LIKE OH MY GOD. DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMANNNNNNN.