Fanfic

Snatches and Snippets

Summary: Jaejoong developed a new hobby.

 

 

 

Jaejoong decided to write a fanfic.

No, he was not out of his mind. He was just bored. Like real bored.

Yoochun had his drama filming, which Jaejoong desperately hoped that his soulmate would train his body up for that bed scene. Nobody likes to see skinny man right? But still, lucky bastard.

Junsu was still singing in that musical. But if Jaejoong were to be the director of the musical, he would get a bottle of nail polish remover and remove Junsu’s disturbing black manicure. His baby should, and will, remain as innocent as possible if he had his ways.

So, it was really just Jaejoong alone.

 

 

 

It started almost a month ago, when some fan managed to get hold of his email account and sent him a link to a fanfic. Seeing no harm in reading it (and he was still bored), Jaejoong entered the world of fanfics. It was not like he did not read any in the past, for woe and behold, fans would even mail the fanfic directly to them. But the young him just could not comprehend why would people write love stories about Yunho and him. And there were a few very explicit pieces that had Jaejoong having nightmares for consecutive nights. He was just very protective of his , albeit his was not as round as Junsu’s.

 

And here he was, sitting right in front of his desktop, trying to write a love story between Yunho and him. The poor lead singer had read so many Yunjae fanfics that now it was weird for him to read stories that were not about them. He really needs a serious case of brain washing, Jaejoong realized.

 

Jaejoong was writing very happily when he came across his first ever writer’s block.

“Jaejoong, would you want to go to the amusement park with me tomorrow?”

Backspace, backspace, backspace. No, that was too direct, not something that Yunho would do, Jaejoong pouted.

“Jaejoongie, w-would you li-like to

Delete, delete, delete. Why the hell would Yunho stammer! The leader would definitely have his pretty head if he ever caught wind of this cowardly portrayal.

Jaejoong stared forlornly at the blinking cursor on his screen. Will Yunho even ask him out to the amusement park? The pretty man scrunched his nose like a chipmunk.

“Jiji, do you think Yunho will ask me out to the amusement park?” Out of wits, Jaejoong consulted his cat.

His cat looked at him, turned around and left the room, not meowing at all.

Jaejoong had to use all his perseverance to not chase after his cat and strangle the Russian Blue.

The pale man started to swivel in his chair, hoping that his writing muse would come back to him soon. And every swivel past the table, Jaejoong saw his phone gleaming temptingly at him.

Just a call to Yunho and everything’s solved. It was as if the phone was singing out to him.

With a low cry of anguish, Jaejoong swiped the phone off the table and quickdialed the man who will have the answers to his questions.

The dialtone was starting to grate on his ears as Yunho did not pick up his phone. Jaejoong was miffed. Yunho always pick up his calls, and even their manager knew better than to not let Yunho answer his calls. Not giving up, Jaejoong dialed for the third time.

“Yes, Jaejoongie?”

The moment Yunho answered the call, Jaejoong was over the moon. The man was so close to breaking into his new dance of Only One, his hands already in the air, when Yunho interrupted him.

“Jaejoong?”

The man in question frowned. Yunho sounded breathy. Jaejoong pressed the phone closer to his ear and he heard slight puffs from the other end. Why was Yunho panting? Even if Yunho had scrambled for his phone, he would not have panted like he ran a mile. That man had lungs of steel. Unless…

“Am I interrupting something important?” Jaejoong asked meekly.

“Well, yes…” Yunho was a little thrown off the track with Jaejoong’s question. Since when was the diva this considerate to him? He remembered the screaming that came through his phone when he finally picked up the phone after three missed calls by his truly while he was in one of his concert rehearsals. His manager was actually running full speed to him to throw him the phone, face ashen pale. Apparently, Jaejoong had managed to get hold of his manager’s number and had called to threaten the man with his family jewels if ”Jung Yunho does not answer his freaking phone now”.

“Oh my god, please help me send a thousand apologies to your girl, but can you stop for a while and help me first? It’s going to be real quick, like really fast-“

“Jaejoongie, you are rambling.”

“Just answer a few of my questions and you can return to your activities with your girl.” Jaejoong whispered the last few words.

“What girl?” Yunho was confused as he eyed the very empty room he was in right then.

“The girl beside you, on the bed…?” Jaejoong answered uncomfortably. Despite being a grown and mature man, talking about such stuff, even though it was with your best friend, did not sit very well with the tattooed man.

“Jaejoong, before I answer your question, tell me what you think I’m doing right now?” Yunho had an inkling as to what his other half was thinking about. He was not Jaejoong’s other half for nothing and was highly aware of the other’s very imaginative yet derailed mind.

“Yunhoooooo, do I really have to say it out loud?” Jaejoong whined. Why was Yunho being so stubborn?

A single hum was all the flushed man got.

“Fine, you asked for it, not me. Aren’t you having right now?”

Yunho could hardly breathe as his body racked with laughter. The ache in his tummy intensified as the laughter attacked him relentlessly.

“You know, I don’t think your girl would appreciate that laughter, Yunho,” Jaejoong sniffed.

“Why in the world did you think I was having ?” Yunho breathed out as he tried to contain his laughter. He slumped on the floor, weak and drained from all the laughter.

“Well, you sounded so breathy and you pant like a dog…”

“Who have at 3pm in the afternoon?!”

“Do you need to look at the time to have ?”

 “Okay, you got a point there. But I’m not having .” Yunho surrendered at the comment.

“Then why do you sound like you ran five miles then got knocked down by a car and rolled for another two miles?”

Yunho rolled his eyes at the hyperbole. Jaejoong will never change.

“Maybe because I was in the midst of my workout?”

“At 3pm?” Jaejoong screeched, ripping the meek façade instantly the moment he realized Yunho was not doing what he thought he was doing.

“The gym is usually empty at this hour.” Yunho defended himself.

“So yes, Jaejoongie, why did you call?”

“Oh right, yes, I almost forgot. Would you bring me to an amusement park given the chance?”

Yunho jerked his head back at the weird question.

“Why would I want to bring you to an amusement park?”

“Pretend!”

“But we’ve been to many amusement parks together. That Disneyland in LA, the amusement park when we filmed the Anycall commercial. Oh, and don’t forget that time when we sneaked into Lotte World!” Yunho smiled as he recounted the times. Come to think about it, he had been to quite a number of these theme parks with them. Well, it did not hurt that DBSK’s unofficial motto was to play as hard as they work.

“I don’t mean all of us. Just you and I,” Jaejoong grumbled.

“But why?”

“Forget it. You are going to bring me out to an amusement park. How are you going to ask me?”

“Can’t you just humour me and make me happy?” Jaejoong pouted when Yunho kept silent.

“Yeah right. You told me to humour you last week by paying for that ugly monstrosity of a gorilla.” Yunho rolled his eyes as he whispered to himself.

“I heard that Jung Yunho!”

“Fine. What am I supposed to say again?”

“Ask me out to an amusement park.”

“Sigh. There is a newly open amusement park, shall we go together?”

“Can you be more sincere?” Jaejoong waved his hands around, as if Yunho can see him.

“Are you free this weekend? I got a pair of tickets to the amusement park. Shall we go together? If you are free of course…”

“Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Oh my god, you are a genius, Yunho-yah. Talk to you later!”

Jaejoong ended the call hastily, writer’s block no longer there.

 

 

 

“Yunho-yah, if I were to fall sick, would you come to my house and cook me porridge or will you just call me?”

“I’ll drag you to the doctor’s.”

“Eew, I’m never going to clinics, ever!” Jaejoong scrunched his face up at the thought of the sterilized odour and the stinging cold stethoscope eating into his skin.

“Which is why I’m dragging you there!” Yunho shook his head. Jaejoong was already twenty seven this year and yet his aversion to doctors was just like a child.

“But that is so unromantic!”

“So you prefer that I come down and cook porridge for you?”

Jaejoong perked up instantly and nodded his head.

“So you wouldn’t mind the burnt kitchen, I guess…” Yunho trailed off, in anticipation of Jaejoong’s infamous screech. And screech did Jaejoong do.

“No, not my kitchen. Okay, fine, maybe it was a bad idea for you to cook. I think calling would be good. Yes, just a call would be nice.”

And once again, Jaejoong hung up without a proper goodbye.

 

 

 

“Will you kiss me when I cry to console me?”

“Seriously, why are you asking me all these hypothetical questions? Why don’t you ask Yoochun?”

“Yoochun?!?”

“Yes, Yoochun.”

Jaejoong frowned at Yunho’s question. It had never occurred to him to seek Yoochun’s help. Rereading what he had just typed before he called his answer bank, Jaejoong tried to replace Yunho’s name with Yoochun’s.

Jaejoong felt his eyes were burning as he tried hard not to let the tears, rolling in his eyes, to fall. But gravity decided otherwise as fat droplets of tears made their way down. Yunho Yoochun was helpless as he sat beside his heartbroken friend. A large tan hand took hold of a trembling pale fist while his other hand tilted Jaejoong’s chin up. Streaks of tears were visible on the porcelain cheeks and Yunho Yoochun could not help but thumbed away the stray tears. Jaejoong said nothing but he allowed Yunho Yoochun to continue his administrations, leaning against that sturdy hand on his cheeks. Logic flew out of his mind when Yunho Yoochun saw Jaejoong so frail and fragile as he inched closer and closer. Jaejoong could feel Yunho’s Yoochun’s hot breath fanning across his lips as he closed his eyes instinctively. He was afraid yet exhilarated. This was going to be his first kiss, and although he had always dreamt of having his first kiss under a full moon, having it on the beach seemed equally romantic anyway. The slighter man held still as he handed all reins to Yunho Yoochun. And suddenly, he felt a pair of lips nudging against his.

Jaejoong shuddered at the thought. Yoochun would most probably give him a side hug and start making Chunfaces to make him smile. To kiss him would be so uous!

“Eew! That’ll be like !!” Jaejoong whined his response.

Yunho could not agree more as the imagery was a little discomforting.

“So it’s not counted as if I kiss you?”

“Yah, you don’t understand. So will you or will you not kiss me?”

“I guess I’ll kiss you…” Everybody went still went at the comment. Yunho was in the midst of a rehearsal when his manager threw him his phone and Yunho had subconsciously answered the eccentric man while speaking into his microphone. Changmin could only smirk at his whipped hyung while signaling the concert director for a ten minute break. It seemed as though his hyung needed one as he observed Yunho jumped off the stage with his phone still pressed against his ear.

 

 

“If we were going to a vacation together, where would you bring me go?”

“Saipan.”

After the last conversation, Yunho had learnt his lesson well, simply giving the answers to Jaejoong’s eccentric questions and not asking why anymore. Jaejoong could not be happier at the compliance of his other half.

 

 

Jaejoong stared at the pointer on his desktop screen, where it hovered at the submit button. He was at a crossroad. He wanted to post his story, which he had spent days after days writing, and share to whatever readers out there and yet he was afraid. Afraid that some readers may post unkind comments, or worst still, figured out that the author was the Kim Jaejoong. He would never live past the day if anybody were to figure that out. With his eyes clenched shut, Jaejoong clicked.

The story has been successfully posted.

That’s it, Jaejoong let out a sigh. After all, internet is about anonymity, and boojaejoong is too common a username for anybody to associate to the real him.

 

 

The next day, Jaejoong checked his post nervously.

What if nobody reads the story?

What if nobody liked the story?

What if he had spiteful comments?

And Jaejoong was surprised when the page finally loaded.

250 reads in less than 24 hours? He was on a roll, Jaejoong cheered.

The smile on Jaejoong’s face grew wider as he scrolled through his comments.

He knew there must be a reason why he loved his Yunjae fans. They were afterall very nice people, if the comments they left were anything to get by. There were a few comments that mentioned the uncanny resemblance his characters had with their real counterparts, but they merely praised him as being an awesome author instead of speculating of what he feared.

His secret was safe, Jaejoong smirked as he re-read the comments.

 

 

A few days later, Jaejoong’s phone buzzed, signaling the arrival of a text. Jaejoong unlocked his phone with much familiarity and read the new message.

Yes.

The lead singer cocked his head in confusion. What was Yunho trying to tell him with just a word? There was no preamble, no following texts as explanation. Just a yes.

Brows knitted together as Jaejoong typed out his reply.

Huh? Did you send to the wrong person?

I’m answering your question.

What question? I did not ask you any questions…

The question you posted online.

The frown on the beauty’s face deepened. He was sure he did not tweet any questions at all, for he was too engrossed checking his story everyday that he had forgotten to go on twitter. Their last kakao chat was a month ago. Jaejoong rested his head on his palm as he tried to figure out what Yunho was talking about. And Jaejoong froze.

No, it couldn’t possibly be. It can’t be! Jaejoong mentally screamed as he dashed to his desktop, making quick work on the keyboard. Clicking onto the bookmark that linked him to his story, Jaejoong skimmed through his story the nth time. Blood drained from his face when Jaejoong got to his last paragraph.

, , , , , the slighter man panicked.

How did the hell Yunho managed to find the story! Jaejoong paced in circles, unsure of what to do next. His phone vibrated again.

You should have chosen a better username. Boojaejoong is just too obvious.

Jaejoong flung himself onto the sofa and started wailing, like a three year old child throwing a tantrum because his parents did not want to buy the toy car that he wanted. Tossing and turning, Jaejoong pouted hard. What was Yunho trying to mean? Was he for real or was he just kidding with him. The slim beauty broke down again, head buried deep into the cushion. Oh, how he regretted posting the story right then.

 

 

Yunho stared at his silent phone, eyes glittering with unspoken victory. He had managed to figure out what Jaejoong was doing, based on his questions and his penchant for the more romantic answers. It did not take long for the smart leader to put them together. Searching for the story proved to be an easier task since Yunho knew most of the storyline. In fact, Jaejoong should have credited him as a co-author, Yunho chuckled as he finally found the story and saw the username Jaejoong had adopted. Yunho could not resist sending the cryptic message to his other half after he read the story. Considered as revenge, the cunning leader smirked for he knew that Jaejoong would be tormented by his text for a good three days before confronting him. With his hands crossed behind his head, Yunho leaned back against his chair. It was his turn to have fun.

 

 

 

The sun was setting in the far horizon, casting the surroundings with a warm orange glow. Jaejoong hugged his knees to his chest and rocked along to an unnamed melody in his heart. Yunho was lying down beside him, sleeping. The raven haired looked at the snoring man wistfully. He ran his fingers down the side profile of his boyfriend, admiring the sharp nose and the cupid bow lips. Jaejoong flushed when he recalled the passionate kiss they just shared, those said lips doing sinful stuff to his own. He did not know when he had fallen in love with this man. It maybe during the time when he fell sick, or it could be when Yunho brought him to Saipan where he had the most enjoyable time since. But he knew that he could not live without the man now. “Will you be by my side forever?” Jaejoong whispered. Feeling exposed, Jaejoong buried his face into the warm chest of his boyfriend, missing the wide grin Yunho was sporting.