Sleepover

Snatches and Snippets

“Ding dong.”

“Ding dong ding dong.”

“Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong.”

A frown, the size of Africa, was etched on Jaejoong’s face as he rolled in his bed. Burying his head under his pillow, he tried to shut the incessant ringing of his doorbell. He had just fallen asleep an hour ago, and he really wanted his sleep. However, the doorbell rang like nobody’s business and Jaejoong’s patience was thinning. Whoever was at the other end of the door will be so dead, so so dead-

“Junsu?”

The blonde man grinned sheepishly at the disheveled owner.

“I guessed I woke you up?”

“Three bottles of the latest Lancome anti-ageing serum and I’ll consider forgiving you for waking me up from my beauty sleep.”

The grin on Junsu’s face dropped immediately.

 

The central heater of the house had made the entire apartment toasty and Jaejoong was getting a little more than sleepy as he lay on his sofa with Junsu seated right at the end of the couch, beside his toes.

“As much as I love you, Junsu-yah, please explain why are you ringing my doorbell like there’s a thousand zombies behind you at 1 AM,” Jaejoong slurred as his eyelids drooped.

“You see…. I just painted my house, and and the fumes are really really bad and I can’t open the windows or the heater won’t work and I treasure my toes too much for them to fall off and-“

“Junsuuuuuuuu, stop babbling.”

“Can I stay over here tonight? Please hyung!” And as an act to placate the grouchy owner, Junsu gathered Jaejoong’s feet on his laps and started to massage them. The man purred like a cat under the skillful ministrations of the musical actor.

“Sure, you know where’s the guestroom, Junsu-yah….” Jaejoong groaned, almost slipping into the abyss of the inviting sleep when he suddenly sprang onto his feet. The dreamy look in his eyes was replaced with alertness with a tinge of fright.

“Wa-wait, Junsu!” Jaejoong hurriedly called after Junsu before he could enter the guestroom.

“Yeah, hyung?” Junsu turned confusedly. And if it was at other times, Jaejoong would surely coo at the cuteness in front of him. But not now, definitely not now.

“Junsu, you see, the guestroom is…..” Jaejoong dragged the last word as he tried to think of a suitable word to use. Occupied was all his helpful brain supplied which was so unhelpful as it would spark of thousand and one questions from the ever so curious Junsu and he did not think his current state of mind would be able to handle all the hyperactivity.

“Junsu, let’s just sleep together in my room.”

Junsu cocked his head and Jaejoong flustered under the scrutiny of the younger man. , since when was Junsu so perceptive, Jaejoong cursed mentally as he tried to smile to look less suspicious. When Junsu still continued to stare at him, the lead singer started to berate himself for not taking those acting lessons seriously. If Junsu could see through him, it means that his acting was really ty and he really ought to get back to those acting lessons again. Or maybe he could get Yoochun over to give him an actor’s crash course. Or maybe he really should sign up for those acting classes, there would be girls right? And kissing is definitely in the syllabus of these classes right. Yes, kissing with girls- Oh wait, is he even straight? Jaejoong frowned. His career as a popular singer left him no time to sort out where he swings. Gay, bi, straight, where does he land in, Jaejoong pondered.

Junsu was amazed by the play of emotions across Jaejoong’s face. People who criticized Jaejoong’s for his cold mask should witness this moment, for there were more emotions on Jaejoong’s face than there were on Jim Carrey. But then again, Jaejoong would only remove that mask when he was around with his closed ones or when he was feeling comfortable, Junsu mused.

“Okay,” He chirped brightly.

Jaejoong stared at him, unfocused. His wayward train of thoughts had thrown him off reality and he was confused at Junsu’s sudden bright response.

“Huh?”

“Okay, as in I’m okay with sleeping together with you?”

“Oh yes yes, yes! Let’s go!” Jaejoong laughed awkwardly when he got reminded of his suggestion before his brain went on its little trip. Just before Jaejoong could pull Junsu into the safety of his room, the guest bedroom door swung open, and the two boys stared at the door in aghast. Junsu was about to scream in his dolphin register, when the shadow emerged into the lit corridor.

“Yunho hyung?”

“Junsu?”

And Jaejoong facepalmed.

 

 

“And Jaejoong really did send the photo to Changminnie, and I knew it was going to be the end of my life. So after the shooting ended, I hoped onto the earliest flight back to Korea and came here straight from the airport!” Yunho explained as the three men huddled together on the guest-now-turned-Yunho’s bed.

“And you know, you could have asked me for those shirts. I can get you the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 shirts too,” Yunho told Jaejoong.

“How would I know, Mister-I-don’t-want-to-pick-up-your-phone,” Jaejoong half glared and half pouted at the man with a fantastic bed hair.

“Touché.”

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell me that Yunho hyung was staying over!” Junsu asked.

Jaejoong frowned. He had been frowning a lot this night, or morning, he realized and god forbade that wrinkles will appear. And back to the question, Jaejoong frowned harder. Why was he so hesitant in telling Junsu that Yunho was staying over. It was not as if Yunho was his mistress or anything to that effect. A giggle escaped the full lips of the lead singer as he pictured the manly Yunho as his secret mistress. The dancers of the once group glanced at their giggling lead singer and proceeded to ignore him unanimously.

“Yunho hyung, how did you managed to escape to Jaejoong hyung’s house without being stalked!” Junsu pondered.

“I don’t know. Maybe because my arrival wasn’t planned? Even Changmin didn’t know I was leaving.”

“Yunho hyung, I fear for your life.” Junsu spoke solemnly.

“Yeah, I know. But there’s Jaejoongie here,” Yunho nodded.

The two lads turned towards the supposed life saver only to find said man pulling weird faces.

“You think he can save you, hyung?”

“Yeah, he’s not called idea bank for nothing right?”

“Right.”

“And also partly due to my disguise. I had this, and I quote, ugly overalls that even Dumb and Dumber wouldn’t want to wear it, with specs and my hat.”

“And I suppose that quote was from Jaejoong hyung?”

“Yeah, when he opened the door for me, he just screamed into my face and almost threw a baseball bat at my face. He plays baseball, Junsu-yah? I only managed to protect my gorgeous face when I shouted his name.”

“Jaejoong?”

“Jaejoongie.”

“Ahh.”

“Oh my God, Junsu-yah, you should have totally seen that overalls. It was so hideous that even Voldemort would cower in fear!!” Jaejoong burst out.

“It’s not that bad, Jaejoongie,” The leader whined, trying to protect whatever fashion sense he had.

“It is!”

“Let me see!” Junsu was excited. Well, it was not a daily occurrence when he was not in the spotlight for fashion disaster and he always gloats when Jaejoong started criticizing their fashion sense.

“Aww, sorry Junsu-yah, I burnt it.” Jaejoong pouted.

“You burnt it?” Junsu’s eyebrows were so high that it was almost non-existent as they rose behind his bangs.

“Yes, Junsu-yah. He burnt away $200 just three hours ago.”

Junsu nodded slowly. He better start locking his clothes into the password secured closet when Jaejoong visits him the next time.

“And speaking about stalkers, where is that bunch of girls outside my house? I don’t see of them,” Jaejoong observed as he peered through the tiny gap of his curtains.

“I may or may not have told them you were spotted at Itaewon….”

“What!?”

“Well, I don’t think it would sit well with manager hyung if TVXQ’s Uknow Yunho was seen in JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong’s house become headlines tomorrow.”

“So you rather have the poor girls rushing to Itaewon in this temperature?”

“I assure you that they were warmly wrapped in their jackets when they took off.” And Yunho flashed his mega-watt smile that had many girls fainting. But having stayed with the man for close to a decade, Jaejoong was immune to that smile.

“So I guess you won’t feel guilty if tomorrow’s headlines goes by Fans of JYJ Kim Jaejoong were admitted to hospital for frostbites.”

Junsu patted Yunho’s back sympathetically. Jaejoong had a knack of making people feel guilty and all of them had experienced it before.

“I am going to sleep now. Happy squeezing on the bed, boys,” Jaejoong sang and leapt off the bed.

Before Jaejoong could leave the room, the doorbell rang.

Smiling beautifully at Yunho, Jaejoong spoke, “If that’s Changmin, I can assure you that the overalls will not be the only thing sacrificed tonight.” And he stomped off to his door, muttering curses at people who ring doorbells at twilight.

 

 

Much to Yunho’s relief, it was Yoochun who was at the door.

“Darling, soulmate, it has been three days, eight hours and fifty eight minutes since we last had out soulmate bonding and my soul is crying out to you now. Can you hear it? I brought soju along. Let’s compose music till the break of dawn and let our souls entwined.” Yoochun launched his mini speech as he unpacked the bottles of suju from the plastic bag onto the dining table.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes at his friend’s theatrics. At these kind of moments, Jaejoong absolutely refuse to acknowledge the wanna-be Shakespeare as his soulmate. Two heads popped up from the corridor, and Yoochun almost had a mini heart attack.

“Hi, Yoochun.”

“Yoochun-ahhhhhhhhhh.”

“I’m not going to ask why Yunho hyung is here, Jaejoong hyung,” Yoochun spoke as he threw a not so secret wink at his soulmate. He gave a bro hug to Yunho before proceeding to throw himself all over Junsu.

“Junsu-yahhhhhhhhhhhh. Come on, let’s forget all about the soulmate bonding. Today is the day for Yoosu bonding!” Yoochun declared.

“Yoosuu!” Junsu echoed, and the two imps disappeared into the guestroom, and locked it. Realising that he was locked out, Yunho started thumping onto the door hard, but the mischievous boys refused to let him in.

Yunho stared forlornly at Jaejoong and Jaejoong sighed before gesturing for the taller man to follow him. The raven haired dug up a bolster from a cabinet and threw it towards Yunho and slipped into his bed. Jaejoong was about to sigh from the comfiness of his bed when Yunho broke the silence.

“Is it really okay, Jaejoongie? I can sleep on the floor you know….”

“Yunho, just sleep. I am too tired to slip into the shy, awkward and embarrassed persona. And it’s not like we haven’t shared a bed before. So just sleep,” Jaejoong replied, before turning his back towards Yunho.

Biting his lips, Yunho slipped quietly under the comforter. He wanted to retort that that was before the separation, but he swallowed down. There was no need to raise such a sensitive topic now, not especially when the soft cotton underneath him is lulling him into sweet dreams.

As the words sweet dreams left Yunho’s lips, the doorbell rang, yet again. Jaejoong flipped over and was soon breathing fire down Yunho’s neck.

“I think it’s your turn to answer the door now, Leader-shii.”

Yunho gulped, knowing full well who would be at the door.

“But Jaejoongie, I-I can’t!”

“Why not?” Jaejoong stared into the orbs of Yunho, fierce and determined. Yunho was so flustered at the thought of the furious man outside the house to register how close Jaejoong was pressing against him.

“If the doorbell rings for the third time, I would start to think that your hat would make a very good fuel for my furnace.” Yunho instantly jumped out of the bed and was in front of the door in seconds. Jaejoong sighed and buried his head into Yunho’s pillow, filling his lungs with the man’s scent.

 

 

Fingers trembled on the door knob as Yunho hesitated. Neither option was advantageous to him, but Yunho finally decided to open the door. He was counting on Jaejoong to help save his from one raging maknae and only Jaejoong and his food can help soothe the savage beast.

The door swung open, and standing right in the middle was no other than the feared maknae.

“Hello, Yunho.” Changmin smiled.

Yunho screamed before running towards Jaejoong’s bedroom at a speed that puts Ussain Bolt to shame. Changmin cackled evilly. Somebody was going to have a wonderful morning in a few hours time. Sparing another glance at the direction where the leader had fled, Changmin snorted before falling asleep on the couch.

 

 

 

AN: Makes no sense, I know. I'll never be able to reach the standards of those kickass fanfic authors out there.