Volleyball

Love Confusion

 

I went inside the classroom for Art Class and notices that almost half of the room was occupied. I was kind of surprised that only at the back was occupied while at the front was completely empty.

I frowned but went to sit at the front anyways. And I don't think it's that surprising...because they prefer to sit at the back so that they can sleep, right?

Some people notices me as the new student while some people was so into the gossips or neither busy wearing make-ups on their face. I didn't bother to listen to the gossips and just decided to read books. As I just opened my book, squeals from the girls could be heard. Just when I loved this school for loving me in the first place, I thought, as I look up in exasperation.

I lowered my book just to see an eye candy has entered the room...I think he's an eye candy..I mean, just look at him!

 

                                                                      

 

That light brown hair with deer eyes, round nose and not to mention pink lips perfectly suit with those white skin. Those school uniforms totally suit him and it looks like he's some sort of k-idols.

But our dear Byun Baekhee doesn't care about him like other girls would~ I sang in my head as I decided to continue with reading the book while girls were totally looking at that boy or probably girl seductively.

I noticed the boy didn't flatter or even try to wink at the girls, as I eye him by the side of my eyes. He just... completely ignore them and went to sit behind me since he probably love to sit at the front like me. I have a buddy! Lemme cry please.

Girls are still squealing(from what I heard) while looking at me in envy because I got to sit the closest to that boy. I sense their gaze. Well, if you're that desperate to sit with him, just come to the front instead of staring at me, pfft. 

 

 

The teacher got in and I immediately close my book facing the front. I'm going to try get into a good book in the teacher's eyes. Muehehe.

The teacher gave everyone the sweetest smile she could give. All the nerds and nice students(including me duhh) replied the smile while the others just pretended that the teacher doesn't exist. The class finally shut up after the teacher slam her hand on the table.

''Alright, we're going to have a new student. She's from London.'' The teacher look at me and nod her head. I feel like squeaking but nahh.

I nod back and stood up bravely, ignoring the tinsy bit parts of me that wanted to sit back down like a boss.

I face my boring classmates who's giving me such disgust faces. Like I care, bleghhh.

''Annyeonghaseyo Byun Baekhee imnida (Hello, I'm Byun Baekhee) Please treat me well.'' and I bowed politely. No one clapped except the teacher. ''Okay you may sit down. Now class, today we're going to draw the person you love the most. As example, your parents or someone close to you'' and the teacher went to the store to get some papers.

 

Gossips could be heard clearly about me and it makes me kind of uncomfortable. But being my y self, I just ignore them and look out the window. I noticed the boy behind me probably heard it but ignore them. I told you, he's my buddy!

Even the nerds is busybody wanting to hear what people say but not me although the gossips got louder.

 

''She doesn't suit here''

''She must have got scholarship''  Watch your words, sistah. I'm a clever girl okay.

''Hey, isn't she the one who bumped Jiyeon?''

 

And the whole class look at me and the instant gaze that were burning behind me is creeping me out. My buddy is gazing at me!

I pretend to not feel those glares but I heard from behind that a chair had screeched loudly. And the boy behind me probably stood up. Oh~Is he going to back me up? Nyahahat.

''She bumped my Jiyeon?'' The boy soft voice echoed through the classroom. ''Did she?!'' Well, it's not that soft...

But the boy sounded so weird. It's like he's totally blaming himself for not being there or something. The students nod their heads at the boy(I saw it again, okay!) while the boy just sigh. He shouldn't shout like that. He was going to say something to me, because I heard his breath directed towards me but he was stopped when the teacher got in.

''Mr.Lu please sit down.'' and the boy bowed politely then before his chair screech on the floor, indicating that he sat down. He's known as Mr.Lu..but hey, I thought he's my buddy! I feel like frowning like a seal

 

The teacher passed the paper to the people at the front so that they would pass it to the back. I turn my head just to meet the boy's dead glare. I blink my eyes innocently and just put the papers on his desk and face the front again. The teacher taught us how to make the eyes livelier and how to draw the face after everyone got the papers.

I'm totally in this thing! I am totally focused!!........... when suddenly a paper rocket was thrown to me. It came in my view like a wrecccckkking flying rocket paperrr I blink my eyes and opened it to know the content.

 

Be prepare for the punishment because you made our Princess hurt. -Your Haters-

 

I scoff at this childish game and put the paper under my desk. I then continue focusing on what the teacher taught.

''You guys can draw the person you love the most, NOW!'' and people started drawing.

I was thinking who should I draw when the eyeliner oppa went in my mind. I had no choice anyways.. I smile slightly, thinking about Baekhyun and starting to draw him. I was totally into it like just now and was very accurate about where the eyes,nose or mouth should be.

After what seem like a year...It's finished.

I smiled, feeling satisfied at what I just drew and i'm so going to show this to my brother!

 

                                                                                

 

I kept on smiling at what I draw. My beloved Baekhyun oppa. It's so pretty(not like reality Baekhyun, i'm just complimenting my drawing).

Iwas busy daydreaming about oppa when suddenly someone took away my darn paper.

My eyes turn into slits mentally, but in reality, I just widened my eyes and look at the culprit.

''Oh look who's drawing our dear ice prince, Byun Baekhyun? It's the new school nerd! HAHAHA'' One of her classmates shouted those words and everyone look at the drawing.

''Dreaming of making Baekhyun oppa your boyfriend? You're not his type at all, nerd. Stop dreaming'' They said and laugh evilly. Even witches lose if there was a laugh battle. I swear even if I'm not fond of swearing.

 

The pretty candy boy snapped his head to my drawing. His eyes was making a line at me. I'm not intimidated, buddy.

He was totally suspicious as to why the new school nerd drawing his bestfriend's face. Don't tell me she likes Baekhyun , Luhan thought.

 

I just stood silent while glaring at my 'classmates' for taking my paper.

''Hey, don't forget about what we said to you, you'll have to face the punishment later!'' The leader of the haters of me, probably, said putting down the drawing on my desk while smirking but I don't give a care about it.

I rolled my eyes, take my drawing, grasping it in my hands since the first period is now over and went out to my own locker to take other books for the next period not caring about the threat.

 

It's PE Class for the second period and I am changing in the restroom. I'm in a changing room when I heard someone gossiping on the outside. I don't really care but the voice is so loud that it perks my ears. My innocent ears. I secretly push my ear towards the door that is separating me and the other students who is gossiping.

 

''I heard today we're going to play volleyball''

''The nerd girl is so dead''

''Yeah, can't believe she has the guts to hit Jiyeon''

''Luhan almost scold her at the Art class before but was stopped by the teacher''

''The teacher is such a er. I wanna watch her cry though''

''But Luhan is so handsome when he-''

 

I didn't bother to listen anymore. For now, atleast I know my classmate are going to bully me just because I accidently bumped into Jiyeon? childish , is all I could think.

I opened the door just to see 3 clowns with shocked face. I walk away and went to the school gym ignoring the cake-face-with-shock-expression. They began hitting each other as I went away because their plan is known by me. I'm the unstopable Baekhee, don't look down on me.

 

Knowing myself (cockily talking), i'm not the type to give up easily and i'm brave than what people think. I decided to face the situation i'm going to encounter later. I got into the school gym just to see smirks from the students but the students quickly cover their face by looking somewhere else. They are not good in acting in the first place. Tsk tsk tsk.

The teacher called everyone to listen to what she needed to say. Everyone immediately make a circle around the teacher.

''Hey guys, today we're going to play volleyball and I want a fair game/'' and everyone nodded but of course it won't be fun if the rebel students doesn't break the rules. The teacher picked 2 students to be the team leader and guess what? One is from the rebel students while one is a nerd. Great. Just great.

 

Obviously i'm on the nerd team. Not only me, all nerds are in the same team. Is fate playing around with me today, cause I feel like crying already, I thought as I sigh.

The teacher blow the wisel meaning the game has started. All nerds are saving their life by running together but of course that's a really stupid decision. So, they got shot by the ball. I ran by myself since I know if I ran with them, I would also be one of the victim just like how fisherman catches fishes. I don't want that so I kept on running and running. 

 

Few people left on my team so I decided to attack. I catch one of the ball and throw it back to the opposite team.

Boom! Nice shot.

I keep on doing that and even killed two using one ball. Isn't that just cool? Okay, I'm bragging myself again.

There's only 4 more people. 3 of them are the ones that gossiped in the restroom before while the other one is the so-called-leader that took my paper during Art Class. Oh, how I wanted to knock the ball on the leader's face.

I would really like to add the candy boy beside all of them, so that I can just smash them like a potato. No more kawaii potato.

 

I shoot 2 girls on the stomach and I feel the pressure since i'm probably the only one in my team.

I keep on trying to shoot the other team but failed since they're fast. I shoot one and smirked silently and was practically cheering for taking back the nerd's team dignity. However, that is just a dream since the leader is left. The leader shoot the ball HARD on my head that is shielding my clever and cute brain.

Some of the students gasped while the teacher hurriedly went to me as I hear their pitter-patters across the gym. It's squeaking by their shoes and it's annoying.

 

What happened? , is all I stupidly thought before I pass out.

 


 

 

I heard that they're going to punish the new nerd girl. I felt sorry for her but I heard she knocked into Jiyeon purposely because she's jealous that Jiyeon is prettier. Isn't that just childish? I think the new girl will be a nuisance towards me and Jiyeon's life later. So, I think it's better that everyone is going to punish her. I'm nice, but I prefer it to be that way since she's being mean to my Jiyeon in the first place.

 

I decided to sit at the bleachers while watching the other students play volleyball. Just as what I had expected, nerd vs popular(wannabe) students. I don't wanna join them since I don't want to get hurt physically. Plus, it's just childish of them to play like that. It's not even fair teaming that way. Oh well, what I care? I'm just going to take care of myself for Jiyeon. I don't want her to be concerned because i'm hurt.

 

I was daydreaming for almost 10 minutes until I saw the popular(wannabe) students one-by-one is out. I look at them just to see few nerds was hurt physically, as expected. The new nerd girl is left from the nerd team while the popular(wannabe) student have four left. Two out, two to go. Wow, the new nerd girl is so cool. I watch as she shoot the ball to one more student and she was daydreaming? is she stupid or what? I keep on watching until the ball shoot the new nerd girl head. Ouch. People went down from the bleachers and surrounded the body that is layed on the floor. I went down and look at the girl.

 

Her head is covered with lots of blood. The teacher just stood there looking at her with the other students. Oh, so stupid. I was going to pick her up and bring her to the infirmary until this school nerd who I called as ert took her with him and went away without saying anything to the teacher nor to us, his classmates. Oh, I don't like that boy since 2 years ago.

 

Edited on June 25 2014

-MissOrange