Lunch break

Love Confusion

 

I am panting when I reach school since I ran a little bit because I don't want to be late especially when I need to go to the locker first. It's hard ya know.

I huffed when I arrived at the gate making girls look at me in disgust.

 

''Ew, she's sweating ew ew ew ew''

''Is she even a girl?''

''She doesn't know fashion, I guess''

''Oh, look who got hit on the head by a ball'' and everyone snickered, making me look at the owner of the voice and grit my teeth.

And look who almost lose, scoffs. but of course, being the kind me, i won't say it out loud.

 

''What do you want?'' I said - still gritting my teeth. 

''You're not as polite as I thought. Where's your manners? Not gonna ask my name?'' The girl ask, raising an eyebrow.

''I have manners but you don't so I won't show you my manners. I would rather talk to a trash rather than asking your name.'' I said while glaring at the girl. Everyone ''oooooh-ed'' at my comeback. Of course, a brave attack isn't it? Where's my trophy?

''If you have one, you should show one not hiding it.'' She raise her eyebrows, ''Oh, so you're having mental problems? that's why you talk to trash. You should be friends with another mental problem called Byunghun.'' The girl said while smirking. I roll my eyes and go away not caring about the girl. ''My name is Shin MinA by the way'' but I still ignore her.

Why did I even bother make a comeback? It's just wasting my time, sheez.

 

I decided to go to my fluttery,cute locker and take books for the first,second and third class. I felt people gazing at someone but I am just, care-less. I felt a gaze directed to me so I decided to glare at that person. Like seriously, ain't u had enough?

 

I turn around just to face an angel face called Luhan.

I look at him, dumbfounded but he just smirk at me and tightening his arms around the girl whom I saw yesterday. Correction, bumped into yesterday. Weird dude, is just what I could think of. I roll my eyes and lock my locker before walking away to my first class.

 


 

''Ms.Byun please answer the question.'' I'm sooooooo not focusing on class because of nothing. I just can't focus so I'm quite startled when I heard the math teacher call my name to answer the math question. I look at it and calculated on my mind.

 

''The answer is 412.'' I bravely answer, pushing my glasses up making the teacher look at me suspiciously before nodding his head.

 

''Good, Ms.Byun but please concentrate on my class even though you're already a clever girl.'' The teacher gave me a strict look and I just nod my clever head. Just like the teacher had complimented me. -Sticks tongue out-

 

''Who does she think she is to lost focus''

''Although she was supposed to be a junior but she is clever doesn't mean she can just not concentrate''

 

I heard the girl sitting at the back of me gossiping and the teacher decided to shout, ''SILENCE'' and I can't help but thank the teacher for that. Everyday, there would be gossip of me. Aren't they tired of it? I know i'm cool and all, but please don't talk behind my back when I can hear it. People just can't help to look at me being so calm, don't they? They probably envy at me for being a person that doesn't care of anything.

 


 

The next class is Physics. (p/s: TBH, I don't know anything about physics, sorry)

 

I sit at the front - as usual. Waiting for the teacher to teach the class. Suddenly, someone sit beside me innocent. I spare a look at the girl - with a dumbfounded face on.

I blink at her curiously and she just smile at me. ''Nice to meet you...'' She then look at my nametag, ''Byun Baekhee'' and she smile again. She look so pretty yet she decided to sit beside me which makes me surprised. I mean, hey out of the other clowns in class, why pick the snow white? Okay enough, Byun Baekhee.

''I'm Dani. Lee Dani. Hope we can be friends.'' Dani said while smiling. Oh she never gets bored smiling at people which make people love her.

 

 -I know Dani is 15 years old but pretend she's old in this story-

 

Her long black hair falls over her shoulder and her bunny teeth with those round eyes and round nose makes her look totally pretty and cute. ''Nice to meet you, Dani-ssi.'' I reply her awkwardly.

 

''Oh, please just call me Dani. Heard that you're younger than me, so call me Dani unnie. Please call me Dani unnie/'' She said making puppy eyes at me and I chuckle at her cuteness.

 

''Dani unnie, I hope we can be friends.'' I said and smiled. She squealed at me. Wait, what did I just do. and.....hey she's squealing- what.

''You are so cute! I want to put you in my pocket!!'' she said, still squealing and I look at her while blinking. This is getting out of hand. Uhuh. ''Don't be afraid of me! I'm nice but it's just.... you're so cuteeeeee'' I shook my head at her.

 

''Since when am I cute? you're cuter unnie. Look at me, big clothes,braid hair, big nerdy glasses. How do you call this cute?'' I chuckled when she shook her head.

''Trust me when I say I can look at you without those glasses. You are adorable!'' She said pinching MY cheeks and my eyes widened. How dare sheeeeeee-

She quickly apologised, ''Sorry but it's just that you're so cute! You should be my bestfriend with Jiyeon unnie!'' Okay..awkward.

I'm dumbfounded by her outburst.

''I can't wait to eat lunch with you and Jiyeon unnie! We can be bestfriends forever~~'' I was about to tell her I can't but the teacher came in.

 

Guess I have no choice but to run away.

 

 


 

The third class has passed and now it's lunch. I tried to hide myself from Dani but she immediately spot me. Curse my baggy clothes.

 

''BAEKHEE-AH!'' She shouted and I can't help but to curse. Okay, let's cut the curse.

I sigh and look at her with no expression on my face.

''Baekhee, you should smile because your day will shine if you keep on smiling and not showing your poker face around the school!'' She exclaimed, but scold at the same time like a mother and I can't help but to chuckle and nod my head. ''Now, let's go eat lunch!'' She pulled me and I can't help but to follow because of her tight hold on my wrist.

What did I just do...Ugh.

 

''Can't believe you're strong, unnie.'' I said while sighing. She stop on her tracks and face me.

''What do you expect? look at my arms!'' She then showed her arms as if there's muscle. I shook my head while laughing. ''Hey, don't laugh at me. Atleast i'm stronger than you!'' She showed her tongue at me and I give up. I'm just strong in debate for mental.

 

She keep on pulling me and then we arrived at the cafeteria. People keep on saying 'hi' to Dani and then look at me in disgust. I know..I don't want this too.

I ignore them just as what Dani said. Just ignore them because they're probably jealous because of your cuteness , Dani said to you before. Although I agree with her that they're probably jealous but I don't agree because of the cuteness. Seriously, wearing some sort of a clown-like clothes is what you call cute? Although.....I admit i'm quite cute. BRAGGING.

 

We both then arrived at some table and I look up just to meet thirteen pair of eyes. My eyes stopped at one certain person... ''Baekhyun oppa'' I whispered slowly. This is horror.

But then, at the same time, someone said it too.........while shouting.

 

''BAEKHYUN OPPA!'' Jiyeon shouted trying to gain his attention since Jiyeon know that Baekhyun doesn't really like to look at people but somehow Baekhyun is staring at you. To be honest, she's jealous. Baekhyun flinched at the tone.

Did Jiyeon really have to be like that? Baekhyun just glare at Jiyeon and look at you with confusion on his face. Well, not only him, everyone did.

''Ugh, why are you guys gave her those 'can-i-know-your-name' face when she's just a nerd'' Jiyeon schrunched up her face. 

 

I'm starting to feel uneasy with the attention I received, not only from EXO and Jiyeon - it's from everyone in the cafeteria - even the nerds. The way Jiyeon talked didn't really make my heart sink, it somehow gave me a motivation on being brave. I stuck your nose in the air as if I don't care if people is going to be like 'who does she thinks she is? disgusting'.

 

Still the same Baekhee, brave , Baekhyun thought with his lips twitched up a little.

 

''So, this is my new friend called Baekhee.'' Dani said with her eyes glittering like she just saw a walking teddy bear. Everyone nodded not feeling suspicious at all but Baekhyun still have the same confuse face but he passed the thing away and he will ask about it later. Jiyeon is still feeling a little bit suffocated when she saw Baekhyun looking at you with care in his eyes. Although she's dating with Luhan.

 

Everyone introduced theirselves to me with a smile except for Jiyeon.

''You know my name already so why bother asking me to introduce myself?'' Is what Jiyeon said making me pissed but decided to push away that feeling although I really did feel since the first time I met her but I don't want to cause any trouble so I just shut my mouth. But my slender fingers is itching to scrach her face though.

 

''After you bumped into me you are trying to steal my friend? then what? my boyfriend?'' Jiyeon confessed what she's thinking with an irritated face. Everyone in the cafeteria goes in wonder then nod their heads remembering the 'bumping accidently' incident.

They started whispering about me, saying i'm going to give some sort of pains on Jiyeon's life. Like seriously, as if.

EXO who is clueless looked between Jiyeon and me with wide eyes especially D.O since his eyes is the biggest. Dani who had always think positively about making friends with me is also shocked thinking i'm bad....Oh come on.

 

Luhan isn't shock at the bumping thing but he's shocked that Jiyeon lied. Luhan glared at everyone and they immediately shut up and do their business.

 

''She really did....?'' Chen ask with mouth gaping but was closed with Xiumin's help on putting food in his mouth and he immediately chew it but still gazing at me.

''I don't believe it.'' Sehun said but almost like whisper with a face that shows no emotion. Kris caught it.

''You think I did?'' Kris smirked whispering at Sehun making the maknae smirk too.

 

''I thought that she didn't bu- '' Luhan was trying to speak the truth but immediately goes in silence when he received Jiyeon's death glare. He doesn't really like to meet Jiyeon's death glare and have a fight. He even promised himself to not fight when in relationship and accepts everything. That's his promise. He let it slide away and continue eating his food.

 

''But she did and I guess she's having some sort of evil plan with those evil horns of hers,'' Jiyeon said faking innocent. She's a drama queen after all in her drama class.

''Enough. Don't speak badly without knowing anything. Just shut up and eat peacefully and don't make enemies when you just met/'' D.O said since he doesn't like it when people being noisy especially when they're going to eat.

 

''Come on sit beside me.'' Xiumin said and smile with food in his mouth. I immediately went to sit beside him - facing Baekhyun - with Dani sitting beside the happy virus, Chanyeol. 

''I've seen you somewhere..'' Kris said with his eyes scruntizing the little figure infront of Baekhyun - me. Well, duhh i'm Baekhyun's sister, but of course I keep my mouth shut.

''I know right! She reminds me of Baekhyun's sister or should I say my soon-to-be-wife because i'm handsome and she likes me.'' Chanyeol said with spoon pointing at me who is sweating buckets. Everyone at the table look at Chanyeol in disgust. Chanyeol got smacked on the head by Baekhyun and the spoon he's holding fell down by Kai who slapped the spoon away.

 

''Conceited.'' Baekhyun and Kai said in unison and the others agrees.

''I don't even agree on you being my brother-in-law.'' Baekhyun said and shook his head.

''That's because you're jealous I didn't love you, right?'' Chanyeol jokingly said only to earn a flick on the forehead. ''Ugh, pain'' Chanyeol said while trying to smooth out the pain.

 

''Who's the sister?'' Jiyeon said - interested - while eating the salad on her plate. Everyone completely ignored her because they don't really like Jiyeon except for Dani and Luhan. Dani know nothing so she just shuts and listen to whoever talk and will reply only if she decided to join the debate.

And for Luhan, of course he would tell her.

 

''Baekhyun's sister just got back from London and is actually studying here.'' Luhan whispered while nodding his head and Jiyeon really have the urge to roll her eyes - which she did.

''I mean, who's the sister not where does she came from or anything.'' Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

''I don't remember her name though because I only remember you..'' Luhan said sweetly which is quiet loud making EXO goes 'blughhhh' and gagging while Dani clapping at the sweetness and me? just eating peacefully not making any noise as if i'm the only one at the table.

Wow, i'm making as if I own this place. But then again, they don't really give any attention to me since they just keep bickering towards themselves and I kind of love it because they ignore me. Just as what I had planned before entering this school, getting ignored. A wallflower, my ambition.

 

Everyone in the cafeteria always being a busybody looking at the EXO and Jiyeon's tables wanting to squeal,fangirling, fanboying, taking photos or anything. I looked at Dani only to see that she's almost the same with me. People don't really care about Dani and she doesn't care about it either. She is just like watching a drama or something because she acts like an audience. She would laugh nor smile when the boys fight and she won't speak anything unless it's necessary.

 

''I wonder where's your sister, hyung..'' Tao said while looking around the cafeteria making the fangirls squeal thinking Tao is looking at them. Everyone nodded at what Tao said but I didn't care at all. I'm definitely spacing out but somehow I felt a gaze so I look up just to see a blonde boy, which is Sehun, i think, looking at me with an unreadable face and he quickly look away.

 

''I think she's busy at the library since she just got back from London and still needs to study korean.'' Baekhyun gave an excuse while nodding his head trying to convince s.

I finished eating so I stand up making everyone look at me. I'm fabulous and I know it, but please keep that eyes of yours to yourselfs.

''You're done already?'' Baekhyun asked and I nodded before bowing to everyone at the table and was about to go but Baekhyun stand up. ''I'm going with you.'' and he immediately pull my wrist and take me to the school garden.

 

''I don't like her already.'' Jiyeon whispered but was caught by Sehun who is sitting on her left and Luhan on her right. Sehun rolled his eyes. 

 

''Let's get going then..'' Suho said and immediately got up with Lay following him. Chen followed after while dragging Dani who's surprised with Chen who suddenly pulled her with him and soon everyone followed with Jiyeon and Luhan at the back.

 

''I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about that nerd and I don't like her one bit/'' Jiyeon confessed with her eyebrows met at the center making Luhan look at her.

''Why not? she didn't do anything though but at first I did have a bad feeling too..'' Luhan nodded but then continued, ''Oh well, forget about her and let's have a date after school/'' Luhan smiled at Jiyeon and send her to class.

But how can I forget when she's trying to get MY precious Baekhyun? , Jiyeon thought with her hands slowly creating a fist.  

 

 


 

Meanwhile,

 

''Ah, what's wrong oppa?'' I asked while getting dragged by Baekhyun. Good thing no one is at the school hall watching me getting dragged by this eyeliner creature. ''Why are you dragging me??'' I whined.

 

''Because I want to know everything!'' Baekhyun said and raised his hands up shaking it in a diva manner. We arrived at the school garden and there's a nerd peacefully sitting there got yelled by Baekhyun who's asking the nerd to go away and give some privacy for us. The nerd immediately obeyed and went away. ''Now, tell me why did you eat with us during lunch?''

 

''It's not like I want to! You even saw that Dani pulled me with her and you still ask the stupid question?'' I ask, scoffing at my brother.

''Right, I forgot about that. Sorry but still how did you know her?'' Baekhyun ask tilting his head with arms on his waist in a scolding position.

''I know her because she decided to talk to me and befriend me, can I go now? I have classes you know.'' I said with eyebrows raising.

''What a nerd.'' Baekhyun scoffed only to get smacked on the head. ''Hey, i'm your oppa!'' He whined and I jokingly roll my eyes. I was about to go away but got stopped by Baekhyun holding my wrist. I turned and look at him with raising eyebrows.

''About Jiyeon, I don't trust her.'' Baekhyun said and I soften at my brother for trusting me, ''And now, I demand you my morning kiss. You didn't give me this morning.'' Baekhyun said and pouted. I can't help but to chuckle at my brother. This baby pie.

''What are you? A five year old kid trapped in a nineteen years old body?'' I jokingly ask and shook my head in amusement.I immediately plant a kiss on his cheek and he brightened. He wanted to send me to my class but I immediately declined, not wanting to create somehow gossips or scandal or whatever you call it. (p/s: I know Baekhyun is not nineteen but pretend he is lol)

 

Baekhyun went away first and after five minutes, I followed after. I was walking when a hand stopped me by grabbing my wrist. ''What now oppa?'' I turn around thinking Baekhyun didn't leave yet but to my surprise - It's Byunghun.

 

''Who's your oppa?'' Byunghun ask with eyebrows raising.

 

[Last edited June 25, 2014.]