A New Her

After the Gunshot

Flashback

     Hanna grabs hold of the boy's hand and starts running off. The boy doesn't mind, he knows that she does it a lot. By the time the stop running, they are both out of breath.

     "Hanna-ah," the boy says. "Where are we?"

     "Since it's late, I thought we could stare at the stars before you have to leave." Hanna gives the boy a cute smile and he smiles back. They are both nine right now, and are excited for the new school year. They found out they are in the same class! 

      They gaze up at the sky and suddenly a shooting start streaks by. Hanna squeals and says that they have to make a wish. So they both close their eyes and make a wish. "What did you wish for?" Hanna asks the boy.

     "I wished that we would always be there for each other, and that we won't forget each other." He says solemnly.

     "Woah, that was so mature! Are you sure you're the same person?" Hanna says with a laugh. The boy laughs with her until he asks her what she wished for. "Hmm . . . well . . . It's a secret!" Then she runs off back to the house, the boy running after her.

     By the time the boy catches up with Hanna, she's already with her appa, and he doesn't want to ask her what she wished for in front of him. Hanna sticks her tongue out at the boy and he does the same. Soon, the boy's father comes and says that they have to leave. Both of the children are sad, but they know that they will see each other again. "Bye Hanna-ah!" Yells the boy.

     "Bye Key Oppa!!!" Hanna yells before the door closes.

 

Hanna's POV

     I wake up with tears streaming down my face. I remember that night. It was one of the happiest times in my life before everything happened. He was so young and adorable then. He's still the same surprisingly, just more mature in some ways. Another tear follows the rest as I reminisce all the time we spent together.

     Like usual, whenever I have a dream about him, my anger builds up for no reason. Why did he have to be in a car accident? why did he have to lose all of those memories? Why did he leave me . . . why . . . why . . .?

     I know I won't be getting any more sleep, so I exit my bedroom. I find my dad on his laptop inside the living room. I sigh. It seems like he never sleeps. "Appa," I say quietly. "You should go to bed."

     He looks at me for a brief moment and says, "You should too. Why are you up? Besides, you know that I mainly sleep during the daytime, now a days."

     "I had another dream about him." Both of us sigh. My dad always thought of Key as his own. We both loved him and we both still love him. We've been monitoring him ever since I found him walking one day. I had gone up to him and said hi. But he didn't remember me. He had walked away then, with me standing there, staring into the distance as tears slowly ran down my face.

     "I know it's hard seeing and interacting with him again, but you just need to be patient. I know he'll remember you someday, so just stay strong."

     "I know appa. I think one of the problems is that I'm always dressed up all in black. Can't I at least try once to be like how I usually am, and see if he remembers me?" I've asked him before, and dad has always said later, but I was surprised when he actually agreed this time. 

     "I think it could help, so let's see how well you do. Try to get some sleep now, okay? In the morning before school meet me where we normally do okay?"

     "Okay," I say before I go back to my bedroom. I hope my normal self will help Key remember me.

 

Key's POV

     I don't know why, but after that first day I saw that man in the white suit, I kept coming by that alley to see if he came again. I almost lost hope, so I told myself that today would be the last day I went by that alley. I slowly trudged towards the alley way. Before i got to the mouth of the alleyway, I heard voices. Could it be that man?

     I quicken my pace, but stayed silent at the same time. I strained my ears so I could hear. "Do you think this will work?" I hear a girl say.

     I hear the man chuckle lowly to himself. "Are you having doubts now?"

     "Kind of," I heard the girl say again. "I've gotten too used to the new look. I think I'm even beginning to like it." I hear laughter from both of them before the man says that the girl should be off. I hide behind a large trash can when I realize that I won't be able to move fast enough to not be seen. 

     I see a girl run down the street carrying a cute backpack. She seems excited, I guess, for something. I then realize that the man must be alone now. I run into the alleyway and the man is still there. I approach him cautiously. He watches me move towards him.

     "What do you want, kid?" The man says not unkindly.

     "Did you just call me a kid? I'm eighteen! I'm not a kid anymore!" The man laughs at my outburst and mumbles something under his breath. He then straightens up and says, "It was nice talking to you kid, but I have got to run. I hope you remember my face." He then turns around and disappears down the alleyway. I stare after him confused.

     I hit myself in the forehead when I realize that I just lost my chance to talk to him. Why do I want to talk to him? I figured out that I've been wanting to see him, but I have no idea why. What is wrong with me? I shake my head and start walking to school. When I enter the classroom, no one is there except for a girl who is sitting at Hanna's desk.

     I walk up to her and lightly tap her on the shoulder saying, "Excuse me, but that seat already belongs to someone." The person turns around and I am so shocked that I can't move. That girl is Hanna, and . . . she's beautiful.

 


 

Author's Note:

TEEHEE!!!! Key gets to see what Hanna normally looks like!!!! Was it surprising that the little boy that Hanna knew when she was younger was Key? No? Yes? Do you hate me because I made Key get into an accident when he was little? Possbily so, but i don't blame you. XD

Readers and Subscribers, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!!!! It's a little boring, but I'm hoping that i can make the next one more fun. Don't forget to subscribe if you haven't and to comment!!!! I DON'T LIKE SILENT READERS!!!! >:(

~HAPPY READING!