Beat By A Girl

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

     I'm sitting at my desk all by myself since . . . Hanna? hasn't returned yet. Ugh. How can a girl come late almost every day? Don't the teachers even care? It's like they don't even notice her. They don't call on her during class, and I've noticed that whenever they hand out sheets, Hanna doesn't get one. Was she held back or is she just so smart, but won't say anything. Aish, why am I even thinking of her?

     "Yah hyung," Taemin whispers to me. I don't want to reply because he ditched me during lunch. It's okay if he goes off by himself, but he should tell me where he was going!!!! He could've gotten hurt!

     "What?" I whisper back.

     "So, I took your advice, and I think Hanna and I are friends now." He unknowingly smiles a little and i just raise an eyebrow at him.

     "So what?" I ask. 

     "I think she's not as bad as some people think. Yea, she can be scary and has some really fast reaction time, but I don't think she's mean. Just . . . quiet." I stare at him with a face that says "Did you just listen to yourself?" He shrugs at me and then faces the front again. I give him a confused look, which he doesn't see, and start to pay attention again.

     I jump halfway through the lesson when I realize that Hanna is sitting next to me. I didn't even notice her walk in! I think I would've heard her if she had walked in. I look at her through the corner of my eye and see her looking out through the window. I only see the back of her head, but there seems to be something off about her hair. I lean closer trying to get a better look, but then she turns around and our faces are inches apart. Her eyes widen and she lurches back, hitting her head against the window.

     Everyone in the classroom look back at us. I think only a few people saw what happened, but everyone else was confused. "Kibum. Is there something that you'd like to say?" I stutter and look at Hanna, but she's already resumed to looking out the window. Wow, thanks for the help. Wait . . . Why isn't she getting into trouble?

     "Mr. Kim." The teacher says sternly. I give myself a mental slap because I've been standing there too long. "It was my fault, Teach." Hanna says, not looking at anyone. "Don't worry about him, he's just weird, so the things he does sometimes shouldn't disrupt the class." Ms. Jung just stands there for a second before resuming class. What just happened?

     "Sit down, Key . . . ssi." Hanna says quietly. I sit down quietly and thank her. She doesn't reply, but she nods her head just barely. I guess I was acknowledged then. When the bell rings Hanna is about to run off again, but I grab her wrist. She freezes, but doesn't turn around. 

     "Can you turn around?" I ask. When she fully faces me, I'm struck by some distant memory, but it's gone in the next instant.

 

Hanna's POV

     I stare out the window once I get Ms. Jung to start teaching again. She needs to stop babying me and actually let me do some class work. I don't care that technically I've already got my High School Diploma, I still want to do something. Otherwise I'm bored to death.

     When the bell rings I'm startled a little, so I drop my pencil. I pick it up and I'm about to rush out of the classroom like normal when I feel someone's hand holding my wrist. Not tightly, but not loosely either. It brings a smile to my face, but only for a brief second, because I know who's holding my wrist.

     "Can you turn around?" I hear him ask. I slowly turn around and face him fully. When I look into his eyes I can see that something is happening inside of his mind. Does he remember me somehow? Is it possible? Will he come back to me? But the next instant that spark was gone. I hide my disappointment.

     "What do you want?" I say normally.  He seems shocked that my voice isn't cold. Maybe he'll think that I'm warming up to him? 

     "So, I heard Taemin talked to you earlier." I stand there for second. That's all he had to say?

     "Yea, so what? Not my fault he followed me to-" I stop because I don't want him to know about my spot . . . yet.

     "He told me that you said he could be your friend." 

     "Yes, and?"

      "Oh, uhm. I just want to tell you that you better not hurt him. Or else. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean I won't be afraid to hit you." I try to muffle my laughter, so as a result my mouth twitches into a smile for a second.

     "Yea, riiiiiight," I say. "You wouldn't be able to land one punch."

     "Just because you have some skill doesn't mean you could beat me. I'm pretty good in martial arts myself." He lifts his chin like he's so proud of himself. 

     "Sure," I say, drawing out the word. "Maybe I'll let you get a punch in, just so I can see how weak you are." I smirk at him and start walking away. I can feel that he wants to hit me, so right when he starts swinging, I turn around and hit some pressure points in his arms. His arm falls limply at his side. He tried with his other arm, but the same happens. 

     "I wouldn't recommend trying to kick me," I say. "You need to walk home right? I think it would be good if you had function of your legs, so trying anything to me would just be a bad idea." He's staring at me with big eye.

     I forget myself for a moment and accidently show off one of my old smiles. It only lasts for a few seconds, but I know he saw it. Before he can say anything, I run out of the classroom and back to HQ.

 


 

Author's Note:

Oh I had so much fun writing that chapter! I was smiling the whole entire time. Soooo, what did you guys think???? Fun right? Anyways, seems like Hanna is forgetting herself a little here. If you're confused, don't worry. Everything will be revealed later on!!!! I wonder what Key will do now? 

Readers and Subscribers thanks for reading!!! I hope you are enjoying this story!!! It's not very funny, but I'm not very good at making funny things happen, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a lot of funny moments. Did you see how Key worried about Taemin? I would so imagine hime doing that in real life. 

~HAPPY READING!