First Look

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

     I groan as I remember that today is the first day of school. I've been excited and dreading this day for at least a month now. I've always wanted to do public school, but now that I got my wish, I'm scared about what could happen. I mean, I'm a part of SHINee for heaven's sake. Girls will be screaming, trying to talk to us, and then there will be those stuck up girls who think they will be able to get with us. 

     I start to think about what bad things could happen during school. Someone could spill their drink or food on me, and ruin my amazing outfit. I might not be able to make any real friends, besides my members. I also might not be in the same class as the rest of SHINee. A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts. "Hurry up Key or we'll be late," I hear Minho say through the door.

     It takes me a lot longer than I thought to pick out an outfit for today. I kept trying different ways to make the uniform more me, but I just couldn't figure it out. I eventually exited my room and saw the others waiting for me.

iPiccy: Loading picture

     "You always spend too much time getting ready," Jonghyun mumbles. 

     "YAH!" I say. "I'm not always that late. I'm sorry that I want to look my best for school!"

     They just roll their eyes at me and we file out of the apartment. We get into the car and our driver takes us to school. We arrive early, but I don't want to walk outside because there are too many screaming girls. Onew suggests we go to the back of the school. Luckily it's clear so we get out there. We wave to our driver and start walking to the school door.

     Only problem is that the door is locked. We knock on it a few times and yell as loud as we dare. We place our heads by the door and we finally hear someone come. The door opens a lot faster than I thought, and all of our heads get hurt. We all make hurt faces while we turn to say thank you to the person who opened the door.

     We look around for the person, but they already went inside. We walk in and see a girl walking down the hallway by herself. I assumed she was the one who opened the door for us so I yelled thank down the hall towards her. She stops walking and slowly turns around. She's wearing something close to a uniform, but it's all black. Her face is really pretty, but she has such an intimidating stare. She stares at me a little while longer before nodding and walking off.

     I look around for my members and realize that I'm alone. I walk quickly down the hallway and see Minho's tall silhouette in a doorway. "Yah," I say. "Why didn't you wait?"

     "We got bored and it looked like you were having a moment there." Minho says with a joking smile. I smile back and punch his arm lightly. I roll my eyes at him and we start walking to our first class. We turn a corner and someone runs into me. I apologize to the girl I ran into, but then she raised her head. 

     She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen.