Dreams

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

     I go back home and fall onto my bed with my head reeling. I swear Hanna was going to be there . . . I KNOW Hanna was there, but why would she go to that sort of club? I toss and turn on my bed until I finally fall into a sleep full of dreams about Hanna.

     I'm holding Hanna as she cries into my chest. She hits me repeatedly saying something over and over again, but I can't understand her. I keep her in my embrace until she finally calms down. I hold her out arm's length and ask her what's wrong. She looks at me with such sad eyes. "You'll never understand. You'll never remember either. I wish I could tell you everything about-"

     Suddenly I'm back in that club. I'm wandering around looking for Hanna. I finally see her sitting at the bar talking, no more like flirting, to some guy I can't see. It makes my skin boil and my heart ache at the same time. I try to get to her, but more and more people get onto the dance floor, making it too crowded to move much. From where I'm standing, I see the guy pull a gun out of his jacket and point it at Nayoung. She's perfectly calm about it and her eyes lock with mine. She's mouthing something at me, but I'm only looking at the guy's finger, slowly pulling the trigger backwards.

     A loud bang happens and my vision starts rolling. I'm in a car and it's spinning. Over and over again it's spinning. The ceiling gets closer to my head, the glass breaks more and more, and I hear the sound of screeching tires and metal colliding. I don't know where I am, but it seems all too familiar to me at the same time. Finally, my vision settles down and I hear screaming and ambulances. Out of nowhere, Hanna comes walking up and sits down next to me. "You shouldn't have forgotten," she says before she disappears in a mist.

     I bolt straight up, sweating and breathing hard. I've never had dreams like those before. They all seem so real, but . . . they never happened. Did they? I look over at my clock noting that I woke up a little earlier than I normally do. I shrug it off and decide to get ready for my day anyways. 

     After a quick shower and breakfast I start walking to school slowly. Without realizing it, I go the route where I walk past that alleyway. When I'm about twenty yards away from the opening, I see a girl step out into the sun shouldering a backpack. I slow my pace and try to match her footsteps with mine. 

     I follow her for some reason and am surprised when she walks the right way to school. I guess she goes to the school. I then take a closer look at her and realize that it is Hanna, though something about her is different. I can't figure out what from just looking at the back of her, but there is definitely something different. 

     I stop walking and just watch her enter the school. After five minutes have gone by, I walk into the school myself and walk into my classroom. I'm not surprised when I see Hanna sitting there, her back to me and looking out the window. "You should learn how to walk quieter . . . Or at least where better shoes if you're going to follow someone." She turns around and smirks at my surprised face.

     "How did you know?"

     "Did you not just hear what I said? You were too loud obviously." She raises her eyebrows at me. I finally figure out what's different. She seems more relaxed than when I first met her. "Um, hello? Are you going to say anything or are you going to just stare at me all day?"

     I clear my throat and realize something. "How come you came out of that alley?"

     "Why do you want to know?" she asks defensively. 

     "Well, uh . . . I was just wondering. Normally, girls would never want to be in an alleyway by themselves."

     "I'm pretty sure you know I'm not your average girl."

     "Yea, I know . . . but I, uh . . . saw you walk down that alleyway yesterday . . . and walk into a wall . . ." She looks at me like I've gone crazy, and maybe I have, but I'm positive that she was there.

     "What are you talking about?" She says with a confused look. "I was practically here at school all day yesterday. After that I went straight home which is pretty far from the school, so I don't know how you would've seen me."

     For some reason her response gets me really mad. I know she's lying to me, but she makes it seem like I'm crazy! I grab her arm and start dragging her outside to the school's garden. Surprisingly she isn't fighting back. When we get to a peaceful area I let her go. She rubs her arm slightly before saying, "Okay, what do you want?"

     I don't give her any reply and slowly advance on her. She steps back when I step forward, and, typical, she corners herself against a tree. I stop inches away from her and stare into her eyes. They look angry now, but I'm just as angry. Before I can say anything I hear a voice scream.

     "KEY!!!!!!!!" I turn around and my anger instantly melts when my eyes land on Nayoung. I smile brightly at her and walk over to her. We start walking back to the school as Nayoung talks aimlessly about little things. I don't forget the girl that I left standing back in the school garden, but I can't face her quite yet . . . 

 


 

Author's Note:

Well this chapter was weird . . .  but I had a lot of fun writing it!!!! I hope you guys enjoyed it too!!!!!! I hope you have been patient with me since I've been gone for so long.

Subscribers and readers thank you so much for reading!!!!!! It makes me sad that no one is commenting, but oh well, I'm just hoping that you are enjoying the story and that you will continue to read it until the end. 

~HAPPY READING!