Curious To The End

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

     Aish, that girl! I rub my forehead and wince. She sure has a hard head. I pick myself off of the ground and contemplate on following her or not. It's a waste of energy and she's long gone by now. I sigh and go back to my desk, but I notice her phone on her desk. It's the latest model of the iPhone. It's black and is really smooth. 

     While I look at it, it starts ringing, making me jump. I look at the caller ID and it says HQ. HQ? What could that mean? It continues ringing and it doesn't seem like it will stop, so I pick it up. "Yoboseyo?" I say. I don't hear anything on the other side for a very long time, and then I hear a man's voice.

     "Who is this?"

     "Uh . . . Kim Kibum. My . . . uh . . . friend left her phone on her desk, and it started ring-"

     "Alright, I get it. Why did you pick up the phone?" Is he interrogating me?

     "As I was saying, it was ringing, and it didn't stop after four rings like a normal phone would do, so I picked it up."

     "Ah, okay. I understand. Can I ask you where Miss Heain is?"

     "Heain? Oh, Hanna. Uh, she, uh . . . went to the bathroom."

     "Is that right? Okay then, I'll-" I hear a scream behind me and turn around. Hanna is in the doorway. She snatches the phone out of my hand and puts it against her ear. "Who is this?" She says into the phone. Her eyes widen and then she walks to the front of the classroom and talking softly into the phone. Her back is to me so I silently walk up behind her and eavesdrop. 

     "I know, I know," she says. "Yes . . . no . . . kind of . . . NO . . . yea . . . I get it. You know what, just put my dad on the phone." There is a pause and then I can hear a man's voice clearly, even though the phone isn't on speaker.

     "Yes, Heain? I just got briefed about your situation. Do you need any help?"

     "Anni Appa. I'm doing perfectly fine. You know I can handle myself."

     "Okay, but you haven't been down to HQ in a while. You need to come down so you can train some more. You still need to work mastering handling the katana and throwing knives and stars. Come by later, okay?"

      I realize that the conversation is just about over, so I creep towards my desk. By the time she turns around, I'm already in my seat. I look over at her and she glares at me. I just shrug and then people start coming in. Hanna takes her seat next to me. Nayoung walks in, as beautiful as always, and leans against my desk.

     "How are you today, Key oppa?" She asks with a smile.

     "I'm fine!"

     "Are you sure?" She leans closer to my face and my heart speeds up a little. "There's a bump on your head. Did you fall or something?"

     I nervously laugh resisting the urge to look at Hanna. "Yea . . . I ran into the, uh, door frame when I was walking in." She laughs and I laugh with her. She then goes to her seat and begins to get ready for class. The teacher walks in, and another boring school day starts all over again.

* * *

    RIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!

     Finally the last bell rings for the day. I pack up quickly and am about to leave when I notice that Hanna hasn't moved an inch. I walk back over to her. "Uh, the bell rang, you know. We can leave." She turns her head towards me and says, "I'm not stupid or deaf. I heard and I know. I'm just waiting for everyone else to leave."

     "Why?"

     "Because."

     "Why?"

     "Aish! Are you going to keep asking me until I answer you?!"

     "Yes," I say.

     She shakes her head at me and studiously ignores me. I just roll my eyes and exit the classroom. I get outside of the school and wait in some shadows for her to come out. After a while, I see her come out. She looks around and then she starts sprinting somewhere. I follow her from a distance, but dang this girl has got some stamina. Finally, she slows down to a fast walk and I follow along silently. She finally stops and I hide myself. Hanna looks around and then walks into an alleyway.

     I know this alleyway. It's the same one that that girl and man always talk at. What is Hanna doing here? I cautiously walk down the alleyway. I can see her faint outline. She's about thirty feet away from me when she stops and turns towards the wall. She does this weird knocking sequence against it.

     Before my eyes, the wall moves. She steps inside quickly and the wall falls backs into place. I stare at the spot she was. I don't know if I should follow her or not. After hearing her morning phone call conversation, she seems to be up to something. Possibly illegal. After some debate and a pep talk, I walk towards the wall.

 


 

Author's Note:

TEEHEEE!!! Do you hate me yet? I left you off at a cliff hanger, sort of. You guys can probably figure out what Hanna and Nayoung are by now right? So if you are surprised in the next chapter, I would seriously like to know how XD A lot will be revealed in the next chapter, which I'm not making until tomorrow!!!! Don't hate me please!

Readers and Subscribers, thank you so much!! I hope you are enjoying my story!!!! Don't forget to read my other story too!!!!! "Welcome to America" which btw i"m going to change the name of later. Anyways, don't forget to comment and I hope you will continue reading!!!!!!

~HAPPY READING!