Getting Closer

After the Gunshot

Hanna's POV

     I bite my lip and close my eyes as I try not to cry. "Why do you need to know, Key?" I ask quietly. I know he doesn't remember me, but I can hope, right? I got this tattoo the day I saw Key for the first time after the accident. When he told me he didn't remember me, I had to do something. I begged my dad and he eventually let one of our workers give it to me, since his cover-up job was a tattoo artist. The poem is about Key . . . but I can't tell him that. Not now and I hope I won't have to. I used to say this poem all the time whenever I thought he would leave me. 

     "It just seems very sad. Whoever caused you that much pain is either dead or someone you can't get out of your mind. Was it perhaps an ex you had?" I clench my teeth and tighten my hands into fists.

     Through gritted teeth I said, "That's one way of putting it. I'd say this person is more . . . forgetful . . ."

     "Oh, so this person is still alive? Do you see this perosn every day? If you did it must be hard on you to remember what ever pain you went through." 

     Just shut up Key. You're digging a hole you won't be able to get out of soon. Just stop talking and go away . . . 

     Go away so I can cry in peace . . . 

     Go away so I can try and forget you for a few hours . . . 

     Go away so you can stop this pain in my chest . . . 

     Suddenly I heard a thud behind me. I turned around and Key was lying on the tile. I checked his pulse and realized he just passed out. From what, I won't know, but he seemed to be in a lot of pain. As gently as I could, I picked him up and made my trek to the nurse's office.

Key's POV

     I feel bad right now. I don't know why . . . but I wanted to see what her emotional limit was. Now she's silently crying. I can tell because she's shaking and clenching her fists. I don't know what to do. Should I comfort her? Should I just leave? How can I make this better?

     I don't know what has come over me. For once I see the teenage girl that Hanna was always supposed to be. I could see her as a little girl laughing and smiling all the time. Probably calling guys oppa whenever she wanted. I feel a piercing pain in the side of my head. I grab my head trying to sort everything that's going on in my mind.

     I see a little girl in a floral dress running around on this playground. She would swing on the swings and then slide down the slide in less than five minutes. She was such a ball of energy that I couldn't help but smile. "Oppa!!!! Come play with me!!!! Don't be such a downer!!!!" She laughed showing her eye smiles.

     The scene fades and shows an older version of the little girl by about two years. It was her birthday party. "Happy ninth birthday!" I say while giving the girl her present. She squeals and places it with the rest of the presents on the table. I frown because I know my present will get lost, so I grab my present and move it farther away from the presents so it stands out more. 

     When I open my eyes again, I'm lying down in the scholl's infirmary. I look to my right and see a sleeping Hanna. What happened to me? I must've passed out from the headache . . . but . . . Did Hanna carry me to the infirmary? I look closer at her face and admire her natural beauty. She never tried to look pretty like the other girls in our school. It was always simple with her.

     She started mumbling in her sleep and I leaned in closer. "Kibum . . . Oppa . . ."

 


 

Author's Note:

Ah, it's been a while since I updated . . . sowwy. What did you guys think of the chapter? What do you think will happen next? When do you think Key will finally remember Hanna? Will his feelings still be the same? Do you think Nayoung will do anything? Or will she just disappear and let Hanna deal with Key? Why am I asking such useless questions? XD

Subscribers and Readers THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!! I'm sorry that I'm very inconsistent with my updating. I spent three hours yesterday trying to put shelves up in my room....and then ended up concluding that I needed to get different shelves -_- Anyways, don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote!!!!! Also I got an ask.fm!!!! http://ask.fm/Acceber912

~HAPPY READING!!!!!