Failing At Revenge

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

     I hit my head against the headrest, trying to ignore my hyungs scolding. My arms still felt a little weak, so I couldn't move them that much. Aish, what does that girl do where she can move so fast, quickly, and precisely? I swear, I'll get her someday.

     "Hyung," Taemin says. "Why did you try to hit her? Didn't I tell you her reflexes were fast?"

     "I didn't know they would be that fast! How did she know I was going to hit her anyways? She wasn't even looking at me! AISH!" I start throwing a small tantrum like a little kid. It's not fair. How could i have been beaten by a girl?! I need to find some way to get revenge on her. What would be a good way?

     "Key, I know what you're thinking and I don't think you should do it." Minho says. I scoff at him. My pride was hurt and I plan to take it back. I wrap my head around more ideas when I finally get one. 

     I'll make her fall for me.

  

     After a long day filled with school and whatever else was on the schedule I collapse onto my bed. I check my phone for the first time today and see that i have on unread message. I instantly smile when I see who texted me. Nayoung

     Nayoung: Hey ^^ What are you doing? You're probably busy, so text me back when you see this. :)

     Key: Hey, sorry. I just saw this text. It's been a hectic day today. How was yours?

     Nayoung: It was good, but I have SO much homework, and I can't seem to get some of my math homework. :/

     Key: Really? I'm good in math. Maybe I could help you tomorrow at school!

     Nayoung: You would do that for me? Oh, you're so nice Oppa!

     Key: I hate to go, but I'm really tired. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight! ~

     Nayoung: Oh. Okay. Well goodnight! See you tomorrow~

     I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

* * * 

     It's been a few days since Hanna humiliated me. I've tried being nice to her, but she just gives me the cold shoulder. Every time I try to do something cute, like put my arm around her shoulder, she just shrugs me off, or leaves. What's up with her? No girl has ever rejected my advances before. She is just not normal . . . but . . . I like a challenge. 

 

Hanna's POV

     I know what he's trying to do. He's so obvious. Just like male behavior too. Just can't be outdone by a girl, eh? He's trying to make me fall for him, but he's trying to hard. It hurts me when I see him trying to make me fall for him, just for revenge. 

     I can tell he's getting frustrated. For once, I'm actually glad that Nayoung is around, because he distracts him sometimes while he's trying to be friendly with me, so it gives me time to disappear. The more I ignore him though, the more persistent he gets. Before it was just trying small skin ship and other nice gestures, but now he waits by my locker every day, insisting he takes my stuff, and then trying to talk to me during lunch and class. Finally walking me home, until I can shake him off by running away fast enough.

     I'll give him props for lasting this long, but I have a feeling he won't last much longer. Before I changed myself, guys would always chase after me, but I would never give them the time of day, because my heart already belonged to another. The only lasted for a few days, but Key has been going at it for two weeks now. 

* * *

     I'm walking along the side of the school building one morning, while listening to music, when I'm suddenly pushed against the wall. When I can see straight again, I'm staring into brown eyes that are so dark, they could be black. I know they're Key's eyes. He has his hands on either side of my body. I know I could easily escape him, but I want to hear what he has to say.

     "Why won't you accept me?" He asks with a mix of anger and curiosity in his voice.

     I smirk at him as I say, "Because I know you're only trying to make me fall for you, just so you can break my heart for revenge. It's not that hard to figure out. You are so transparent. You always were." I say the last sentence too quietly for him to hear. 

     He has a shocked expression on his face. "That's not true." I raise my eyebrows at him. I know he's lying, just by looking into his eyes. "I really like you. You're so mysterious and you intrigue me." He keeps saying BS while he leans in closer and closer. He stops when our lips are an inch apart. I can feel his breath on my mouth. "Why haven't you stopped me? Are you sure you don't like me."

     My heart, I swear has stopped beating, but instead of showing how affected I am, I give him another smirk and say, "Why would I stop you, when I know you aren't actually kiss me?" With that I slip under one of his arms smoothly and start walking away.

     What he doesn't know is that . . . I fell for him ten years ago.

 


 

Author's Note:

Let's see, I was going to stop at Key's POV, but it was too short. So....what did you guys think of the chapter? I'd say pretty exciting. Hanna is in love with him? How is that even possible. I'll reveal it in the next few chapters, so I hope you keep reading!!!!

Readers and Subscribers thank you so much! This story hasn't gotten as many views as my other story. To tell you the truth, I like this fanfic than my other one. "Welcome to America" is my experimental story. Seems like a lot of people like it. Well, I hope if you have liked my story that you will subscribe and comment!!!!

~HAPPY READING!