Early Morning Eavesdropping

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

     I can't stop thinking about Nayoung. She just seems like the girl I've always dreamed about. Sweet, bubbly, charming, cute, and has a great sense of style. Everything about Nayoung is just so adorable. I sigh as I sadly remember that I'm not desk partners with her but with Hanna. 

     "Hyung," I hear Taemin say.

     "Hmm?" I reply.

     "What do you think about Hanna?" Why would he ask me a question like that?

     "Wae? Do you like her?" I look over at Taemin with a raised eyebrow. His eyes widen as he exclaims, "No I don't. I'm curious about her though. She kept looking over at you during school. She barely even took any notes. Most of the time she looked out the window." Huh. 

     "Well, I don't really care about her that much. Just because we're desk partners doesn't mean we have to talk or like each other."

     "I never said that, hyung," Taemin says quietly. "I just think someone should try to get to know her. She's going to become lonely if people are always scared of her."

     I sigh and finally say, "Taemin, if you don't want her to be lonely, then switch partners with me. Of you could try talking to her!" At that I got up and went to my room. I know Taemin is right, but to say the truth, I'm a little scared of Hanna, but she doesn't really have the aura of a bad person. Maybe she's just shy and quiet and just happens to like the color black . . . a lot. 

     Aish, what am I thinking. Key, snap out of it. I shake my head and turn on some music trying to distract me mind from school and Hanna, and everything else that could bother me.

* * *

      Surprisingly I wake up before my alarm. I turn it off and head to the bathroom where I take a shower and change into my uniform. I still have plenty of time before school starts so I decide to wander the neighborhood for a while. I leave a note to the guys telling them that I'll meet them at school.

      It was about seven when I noticed a man dressed all in white standing leaning against an alley way wall. I step closer because it looks like he's talking to someone. I stop pretty close to the corner and I start hearing a girl's voice.

     "I don't think I can beat her. The way she's acting and the way I'm acting, she's going to win. Why would he look at me if I'm not my normal self?" I hear a girl say.

     "I know this seems like a bad idea at the moment, but trust me, it'll all turn out. I'm sorry that you had to change so drastically just so you could get him back. I wish he didn't lose his memory when he went to England." I hear a sigh and the man's voice starts again. "Just hang in there for now. It's only the second day, so you can't give up. I am really sorry about taking away all of your favorite things so you can act this way. I really am."

     "I know, I know." The girl's voice says. "It's just really hard for me to be like this. A few kids at school know I'm not always like this, but that's it. I can't always be mean, so I became a tutor. I swore them to secrecy, so they won't tell. I also might've threatened them, but, hey, whatever works right."

     I hear some laughter from both the man and the girl. I hear the man and girl say their goodbyes so I quickly start walking away. When I think it's safe I take a look behind me and freeze. The man all in white is staring at me, but it's not a bad stare. It's more like a sad or hurt look. I'm confused, but then I look at my watch. Dang it I'm late! I start running to school, but that man's face is stuck in my head. That girl's voice too. It sounds familiar.

 


 

Author's Note:

I wonder who Key eavesdropped on!!!! Who is the man in the white suit? What does Key think about the conversation? Will he make it to school on time? Will Taemin talk to Hanna or will Nayoung steal the attention? WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

Readers and subscribers thank you! I hope you comment. I don't like silent readers, even though I'm one myself. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Kind of boring-sih right? If you think that, sorry, but I promise that it will get better!

~HAPPY READING!