...Finally...

After the Gunshot

Key's POV

      It's been a few hours since I saw Hanna and everything is slowly starting to coma back to me. It's amazing that I didn't remember her before. Remembering what happened to us when we were younger is like watching an old movie that you really loved again years later. The memories have slowly come back, not all have returned, and I'm glad I remember.

      Like the time Hanna and I were six and she fell while we were playing at a playground. She made me give her a piggyback ride back to the house. The when we were seven she kissed me on the cheek because I bought her chocolates after she told me that she got stung by a bee for the first time. And another time when I cried in her arms because my dad was in a bad mood. Everything is so much clearer now, and I finally understood why she acted so weird around me.

      Only problem now . . . I don't know how to tell her I remember her. Yes, everyone would probably say, "JUST TELL HER DAMN IT!!!! SHE'S ALREADY GONE THROUGH ENOUGH!!!!" I don't know how she'll react to me just suddenly saying that I remember her. She might not even believe me, thinking that I would pull a trick on her. 

      Should I do things that make it seem like I'm slowly remembering things. Or should I pretend that I get a giant headache and come back telling her that I remember? Aish, I don't know what to do. If this was a drama, I would be able to find the guts to be able to tell her easily and in a way that she'll believe me, but sadly this isn't a drama. This is real life . . . What to do . . . 

Hanna's POV

      I'm worried about Key. When we parted ways he seemed to be in deep thought about something. It didn't seem good since he was spacing out a lot and I couldn't talk to him. I know we aren't on the most friendly terms, but I know we can talk comfortably around each other. I wonder what he's thinking about.

      I stop when I hear a slight crunching sound behind me. I narrow my eyes as I scan my surroundings. In a store's glass reflection I see a person watching me. From the way they stand and the silhouette, I can definitely tell it's Nayoung. What is she doing here, following me all of a sudden? She's supposed to be wrenching my love away from me . . . 

      "What are you doing here?" I ask without turning around.

      "I have to talk to you. I'm not going to do anything to you. I need to have a civil talk. Can you promise me that you won't throw anything at me or try to engage in hand-to-hand combat?" I roll my eyes at her request. We might be spies and I might be quick to jump to conclusions, but I'm not stupid. I could already tell that she didn't mean harm.

      I scoff before I turn around to face her. Raising an eyebrow I say, "I'll be civil. You know how I am."

      She gives me a slight smile before going back to being stone faced. "Hanna . . . I know we aren't on the best terms. And I know me having this mission to take Key away from you isn't helping. I seriously wish that I didn't have this mission. Even though you think I'm heartless, I still do care about you. I support you and Key. Pursuing Key . . . I don't want to do that anymore. It's tiring and stupid. Truthfully, he's not worth it to me."

      I roll my eyes. I've heard these kind of speeches all the time. "I don't care about how much you love me Nayoung. The past is the past and I won't dwell on what happened. I will take Key, so I hope you try your best to steal him away." I sneer at her, but she just sighs at me.

      "Hanna-ah . . . I know what I did was wrong. I know you still hold a grudge against me even though you say it's the past. I want to make things right again, but I can't fail in this mission. I've been slacking off enough as it is. If I don't pick up my pace, they'll send her in, and you know you can't beat her." I purse my lips because I know she's telling the truth. "I'll try my best to look like I'm succeeding, because I want you to."

      She looks boldly into my eyes before saying, "Just because we're in different agencies means nothing to me. Family is still family and I won't turn my back on them. I know I betrayed you in the past, but I won't let history repeat itself. Mark my words and I hope you believe in me . . . unnie"

 


 

Author's Note:

TEEHEE I'm such a troll aren't I XD Ah cliff hanger and a big realization. What did you guys think of this chapter????? I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long and I'm only now updating. I wish I could update more, but stupid school is just.....being stupid.....:/

Readers and Subscribers, I thank you so much for the love that you guys have for my stories and for me as an author. I'm glad you have great patience with me and I hope you don't give up on me. Don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote :D Please do one of these things, so I know that I do have readers and that they're alive. Comments are well appreciated because the feed back is good. I don't even care if you are criticizing my work. Give it to me, so I know what i can do in the future to be a better writer. THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!

~HAPPY READING!!!!!!!!