A Nightmare and a New Friend

After the Gunshot

Hanna's POV

     "Appa!" A five-year-old me screams. I run towards him and he picks me up and spins me around. I laugh while I stare into his bright face.

     "How's my little ball of sunshine?" My dad asks me. I tell him all about my day, but I stop when a scary man approaches us. He whispers something into my daddy's ear. After he's done daddy looks at me with such a happy face I smile back. He picks me up and puts me on my shoulders.

     "Heain! We're going to be meeting someone very special today. I hope you like him!" I don't understand what he means, so I just laugh happily. We take many twists and turns until we're closer to the main door. Then we take a left and go into the parlor. There, daddy sets me down on the couch. Across from me sits a boy who seems to be my age.

     I smile at him and say, "Annyeonghaseyo! Heain-imnida!" He gives me his greeting and he tells me to call him oppa. I give him another big smile and nod my head. He then gets off the couch and takes my hand in his and tells me that we should go play. I ask my daddy and he says we can as long as we stay out of certain rooms. I nod my head yes and leave the room.

* * *

     I'm ten now and oppa is coming over. I'm about to open the parlor door when I hear yelling form inside. I don't know what their saying because the door is too thick, but after another minute, Oppa and his dad comes out. They stop when they see me. Oppa bows at me slightly then he and his dad walk off. 

     I run to the window and see their car driving away. I don't understand what is happening, but right before their car disappears from sight another car crashes into them. I scream and scream . . . 

 

     I bolt straight up from my desk where I had fallen asleep. No one is in the classroom yet so I put my head down again. I can feel the sweat on my forehead. It's all because of that stupid nightmare. It's been coming more and more and I've been losing sleep. I shake my head and sigh. I hear a sound and my head snaps to the right, where the door is. Standing in the doorway is . . . Aish what was his name. OH! Taemin.

     He walks over to me and sits down. I raise my eyebrow at him and he just gives me a nervous smile. I shrug my shoulders and look out the window. I hear a slight cough form Taemin and I turn around to face him. "Uh," he starts. I roll my eyes as he continues. "M-my name is Taemin. Lee. Tae. Min." He punctuates each syllable.

     I raise my eyebrow again and say, "I know what your name is." His mouth closes and he starts looking everywhere except for me. I know he's trying to do something, so when I get bored of waiting I say, "Say what you need to or move because I'm not in the mood to be conversing or sitting next to someone so . . . bright." 

     I wish he stayed. He would brighten up my day even if I can't. At least, I'm not allowed to show it. He clears his throat some before finally saying what he wanted to say. "Wi-will you be my friend? And if that is uncomfortable for you, I'm fine with just talking to you every once in a while." I stare at him with blank eyes. He stares back. 

     We stare at each other for a really long time, but Taemin is about to break I can tell. He lasts longer than most people so I say, "Sure whatever." He grins and hugs me. I'm too shocked to hug him back, which I wouldn't be allowed to do anyways, so I just stay there limp. He pulls back and grins at me before going to his seat. 

    Twenty minutes later and school begins. I can feel whenever Taemin glances at me. I ignore it as much as I can and when the bell rings for lunch, I run out of the room. I quickly and quietly find my secret area and sit down to eat. Today, my mom made me a more 'American' lunch. A sandwich with some fruit and a drink inside my lunch bag. I eat my lunch quickly and then lie down and close my eyes.

     Some time passes before I say, "Come out Taemin, I know you followed me here." I hear a quick intake of breath and then some rustling as he comes out in the open. I don't bother opening my eyes because I know exactly where is sitting. He thinks I don't notice, but him moving his hand in front of my eyes is annoying.

     I change my breathing so it seems like I'm sleeping. Taemin keeps waving his hand in front of my face, but I just keep still. He moves closer and closer until there's a two feet distance from us. Before he can do anything, I open my eyes while sitting up really fast, and slam my hand onto his chest so now he's lying on the ground, staring up at my face.

     I give him a smirk and say, "Next time, don't bother me. Also, don't tell anyone about this place. It's very special to me, okay?" He just nods his head. I get up and walk away, feeling his eyes on the back of my head.

 


 

Author's Note:

Wooooo! How was that chapter people? I enjoyed it some. Looks like Taemin followed Key's advice and tried to be friendly with Hanna. Seems like it worked well enough. What do you think will happen next? And will key ever freaking notice Hanna? 

Readers and subscribers thank you so much for reading this story!!! If you're new to this story and haven't read my other one, "Welcome to America (name will be changed)", then you should also read that one!!!! Don't forget to comment, because remember people, no one likes silent readers!!!!!

~HAPPY READING!