Us?

Way Back To Love

HanGeng reluctantly folded his last t-shirt before resting it neatly on top of the rest of his things, and pulling the cover over the suitcase. His hand was dragging and slow as he zipped it. Every nerve in his body was screaming at him to stop this, to just go back to that apartment that he had called home for barely a month.

“Are you ready?” a voice asked. He didn’t turn until he had pasted a believable smile on his face to meet SiWon's eyes evenly. The younger looked slightly worried, his eyebrows furrowed. He didn’t look as though he believed the smile on HanGeng’s face at all.

“All ready.” HanGeng picked up his suitcase, rolling it out of the room and putting it with KiBum’s and SiWon's.

“We’ll go now then,” SiWon said. KiBum came out of another room, carrying tickets and passports. They all piled into SiWon's car. The drive to the airport was the quietest car ride HanGeng had ever been in. as SiWon parked, they got out, and sat inside the airport, luggage at their side. A sudden tense atmosphere had descended upon the three of them, making conversation minimum.

“How much longer do we have to wait?” HanGeng asked when silence had fallen awkwardly.

“We have,” SiWon began, checking his watch, “half an hour again.”

“Hm.” HanGeng wished he were back home, cooking something for a miserable diva he missed terribly, or just hanging out with him, watching a movie or trying to convince him to study. He stared at a random spot on the ground as they waited.

“Passengers of plane # 10, please make your way to customs,” a voice through the speaker alerted them HanGeng jumped up, snatching his suitcase and walking toward the customs. SiWon and KiBum hadn’t even gotten up yet, seeming to look anxiously around for something… or someone. As HanGeng glanced back impatiently to see what was taking them so long, he caught a glimpse of someone he knew wouldn’t be there.

Rubbing his eyes, he blinked a few times then looked again. no one. There was no shoulder lengthed, slim shouldered, uniquely dressed diva standing by the window anymore. As he looked back toward SiWon and KiBum, his mouth fell open as he saw him.

“HeeChul!” before he could stop himself or even think, he called out the diva’s name. as his eyes cast up to look for who had called his name, HanGeng saw with a pang that they were wide and filled with desperation and tears. Forcing himself to not run towards him, he gripped the handle of his suitcase even tighter.

“Geng?” it was a quiet whisper, but HanGeng heard it as HeeChul’s pink lips moved to form his nickname, even though they were metres apart.

“SiWon, KiBum! We have to go,” HanGeng called out, unsure of what he should do. Fighting his heart with his mind, he tapped one foot anxiously as KiBum and SiWon slowly made their way over, HeeChul following closely behind.

“Hannie! Please, I have to tell you something!” he heard HeeChul shout out, his voice not disguising the clear desperation he felt right then. HanGeng’s footsteps slowed for a moment before he continued on to customs.

“Please.” This time, the voice was right next to his ear, and a hand landed on his upper arm, holding him back. He shook it off as a first instinct before turning to face a… vulnerable looking HeeChul.

“What?” he tried to make his voice hard, but it came out cracked and broken, showing exactly how much he just wanted to take HeeChul into his arms and never let him go.

“I love you. I just had to say, I love you, and I need you. You make me smile,” HeeChul said, his tears finally spilling over onto his pink cheeks and dripping off his chin.

“I really love you,” HeeChul said again, his hands immobile at his sides as tears rolled down his face, carving little trails.

“HeeChul…” listen to your heart, he decided, ending the war between his mind and his heart.

“That’s all, I just had to tell you.”

HanGeng looked at him as he pressed his lips together and turned, walking away deliberately but not once looking back.

“So that’s it?” HanGeng called after him, and HeeChul immediately turned around, “What about my love? What about us?”

“Us?” HeeChul mouthed the word, hope barely daring to bloom in his heart.

“Us. Together.” HanGeng released his suitcase, holding out his arms, “Forever.”

HeeChul didn’t hesitate for one moment, running full pelt toward HanGeng and crashing into his arms.

“Forever?” HeeChul asked, pulling back, bottom lip trembling.

“Forever,” HanGeng promised, his heart feeling free, loved. He brushed his lips over HeeChul’s as SiWon and KiBum joined them.

“Soooo… everything’s okay now?” SiWon asked, dimples showing. HanGeng looked at HeeChul, a smile slowly spreading across his face.

“Everything’s perfect,” HanGeng said as HeeChul buried his face in HanGeng’s neck again.

“Except that,” KiBum said, pointing at the customs officer who was leaving.

“I still want you to go follow your dream,” HeeChul said, his face earnest.

“Hey,” HanGeng said, laughing at this new side of HeeChul he had never imagined in his wildest dreams, “Can I get my diva back please?”

Instantly, a fist hit HanGeng’s chest before HeeChul pouted, “I am not a diva!”

“Here,” KiBum said, handing HeeChul two things, a ticket and a passport.

“How did you…” HeeChul stared at his passport.

“Doesn’t matter, they’re closing the door! GO!” KiBum shouted, pushing them both.

“But I have no clothes, no-”

“Take mine,” KiBum said, giving HeeChul his suitcase.

“Doesn’t matter,” SiWon repeated, shoving them along, “Go, follow your dream HanGeng! We’ll join you later.”

HanGeng and HeeChul exchanged a amazed look before grinning and running quickly to the door, dragging HanGeng’s lone suitcase and KiBum’s with them.

“This is crazy,” HanGeng said as he handed their luggage to a courier and then was ushered hurriedly onto the plane by a flight attendant.

“I like it,” HanGeng commented as they took their seats.

“I love you,” HeeChul said, unbelieving of how easily everything could be fixed with the right words, the right timing, the right person.

“I love you.”

 

ALL DONE! there may be another chapter- epilogue maybe.

PLEASE COMMENT <3