My Mistakes

Way Back To Love

HanGeng reached their school within the hour, pulling into the usual space and glancing around. He walked to the auditorium, the usual place for students to meet since all the classrooms were locked on a weekend.

What do they think we’ll do? Steal the desks? HanGeng thought as he strode into the auditorium. He half smiled as he saw SiWon standing there, waiting for him.

“Am I late?” he called as a greeting. SiWon smiled, still looking bothered over something else.

“No, I’m early,” he replied.

“What do you need?” HanGeng asked as they sat down, the wood of the stage comfortable for now.

“I came to talk to you about the university thing,” SiWon told him, pulling a canister out of his thick jacket and opening it. He poured himself coffee in the cover and sipped gently. HanGeng waited for him to speak again.

“What about the university thing?” HanGeng prompted.

“I spoke to my father, and he said he knows two university that’s willing to accept you. It’s up to you to decide which one you want to go to,” SiWon informed him.

“Really?” HanGeng asked disbelievingly.

“Yeah,” SiWon assured him, smiling at his wide eyes and open mouth.

"When do I start?" Hangeng asked.

"Well, KiBum and I are leaving for America three days from now, so you can catch a flight with us if you want. The semester itself starts in a month."

“But that’s amazing!” HanGeng said, flinging his arms around SiWon in the moment of happiness. SiWon laughed and swung him around, then set him back on his feet.

“Thank you so much!” HanGeng gushed, something very unusual and pulling out his cell phone, said, “I have to tell my parents!”

SiWon's hand closed over his hand, stopping his actions. The smile was gone from the younger’s face, the previous tense and worried expression had returned.

“What?” HanGeng asked, concerned for his friend, “What is it?”

“I have something else to tell you,” SiWon muttered, draining the coffee.

“Go ahead,” HanGeng invited him.

“It’s about HeeChul-ssi.”

“Oh.” HanGeng’s face closed off as soon as he heard the name and he forced himself to be normal again before speaking.

“What about him?” he said, his eyes focusing on the ground.

“HanGeng hyung, first, I need you to look at me,” SiWon said, and tilted HanGeng’s chin up himself when the China Man did not comply.

“Second, I need you to understand I’m doing this because I’m your friend and I care about you,” SiWon continued. HanGeng nodded stiffly.

“I think you should forgive HeeChul-ssi. Just this once, forgive him,” SiWon said after a long pause.

“And why would I want to do that?” HanGeng said, trying to sound uncaring.

“Because I see how it kills you inside to look at him now. I see how much it hurts when you see him with someone else. I see how much you break down when he’s not next to you,” SiWon said. HanGeng’s eyes fell to the ground again. Everything SiWon had just said was true. Each one of them struck a chord in HanGeng.

“Please, please, please, reconsider your decision when it comes to HeeChul. Please,” SiWon said.

“Is that all?” HanGeng asked dully.

“Yes, HanGeng hyung, that’s all. You can go now,” SiWon said. He could see from the look on HanGeng’s face that he was shutting out what he was thinking about HeeChul.

“Thank you again, SiWon ah. I’ll go now,” HanGeng said emotionlessly, walking back to the car. He closed the door but didn’t start the engine. His mind was filled once again with thoughts of Kim HeeChul.

 

“KiBum!” HeeChul tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible as he saw the familiar figure before him. He flung himself into KiBum’s arms, tightening his arms when KiBum’s hung loosely at his sides.

“HeeChul,” KiBum said in reply. He didn’t sound happy at all, which made HeeChul pull back and study his face. He simply sat on one of the park’s benches nearby.

“What is it?” HeeChul asked, not patient at all. KiBum sighed. Best say it now or else HeeChul would pester him until he did say it.

“Don’t get mad,” KiBum said, knowing fully well the diva would still get mad at his words.

“I’m not here because I want to try this “us” thing again. I’m here because I have something very important to say to you and it would mean a lot to me if you would actually listen,” KiBum said, his voice dead serious. To his surprise, HeeChul sat down next to him, his eyes already cautious.

“I’m willing to listen,” HeeChul told him.

“I think, that you should talk to HanGeng again,” KiBum began, holding up a hand when HeeChul opened his mouth to protest, “Let me finish.” HeeChul closed his mouth again.

“I think you should tell him how much you miss him, and how much it kills you to look at anyone else but him. I think you should realize that you’re in love with him,” KiBum said, not looking at HeeChul directly at all.

“And I think you should forget me and move on,” KiBum finished. As soon as HeeChul heard those words, something changed inside him. His heart felt lighter, freer. He felt something like hope bloom inside him, and suddenly, everything began rushing back to him.

“I…”

“Don’t hate me. I just thought you needed to know. And I thought I should actually tell you this time. I’m moving back to America to continue my studies,” KiBum informed him.

“That’s why you left last time? To study?” HeeChul asked.

“That, and I’m marrying SiWon when we go back together. I love him, Chul. Endless love. I’m sure you can understand that now you have HanGeng,” KiBum told him.

“I…” HeeChul said again. I can, HeeChul thought. Not that you mention it, I feel it so strongly.

“Goodbye HeeChul, and good luck. Please think about HanGeng again,” KiBum said, getting up from the park bench and turning to walk away.

“Wait!” HeeChul called. KiBum’s footsteps stilled.

“Thank you, KiBum. Really, thank you,” HeeChul said, rushing past KiBum. He knew exactly where he was going.

To fix things, with HanGeng, finally.

He was going back to their apartment.

 

SO! here we are! I'm sick :D <--- I don't think that's the appropriate emoticon but whatever.

PLEASE COMMENT <3

subscribe and upvote if you wish :D