Coming Back

Way Back To Love

HanGeng and HeeChul lay beside one another in their tent, staring at the plastic above their heads. Neither could sleep. It was quite a spacious tent, not that it mattered. HeeChul was known for rolling all over the place, one of those places being on top of HanGeng. HeeChul sat up, looking at HanGeng and contemplating something. HanGeng also sat up, but went for one of the bags, opening it and pulling out a familiar book. Their project book.

He opened it and began to write, muttering to himself while HeeChul watched him. HeeChul took the same bag, digging through until he found the camera they used to take pictures for their project. He shot one of HanGeng writing, then pushed the flap of the tent away and got out. He took pictures of their bonfire, of the tent, of the surroundings. When he was satisfied, he went back in to see HanGeng packing away and yawning.

“Tired?” he asked, tossing HanGeng the camera.

“You don’t say,” HanGeng said while yawning shamelessly.

HeeChul just rolled his eyes and slipped back into his sleeping bag. He heard clicks as HanGeng turned off the flashlights. It was big, too big in here, and although there was a lot of material around him, it was cold. He got out immediately and flipped the switch on a flashlight. HanGeng was snuggling down into his sleeping bag, and his face scrunched up when the bright light appeared again.

“Move over, I can’t sleep here alone,” HeeChul ordered, getting out of his sleeping bag. HanGeng glared at him for a few seconds before HeeChul said, “You’re the one who wanted us to camp here. Now, you’ll have to deal with the consequences.”

“Fine,” HanGeng grumbled, moving over to make space for HeeChul in his sleeping bag. HeeChul slipped in next to him, immediately feeling better when HanGeng’s arms slid instinctively around his waist and pulled him close. HanGeng’s warmth comforted him. He closed his eyes, willing himself to sleep. Then his thoughts wondered again.

“HanGeng…”

“Mm?”

“You didn’t tell me… tell me that you loved me today…” HeeChul realized, pouting even though HanGeng couldn’t see. HanGeng groaned.

“HeeChul. Sleep. Now.”

“But you didn’t tell me!” he protested, shifting to face HanGeng, whose eyes were still closed.

“And I’m not going to,” HanGeng said sleepily. HeeChul pouted and HanGeng cracked one eye open. He deflated HeeChul’s cheeks and then went back to sleep. HeeChul’s bottom lip stuck out as part of his pout, and he too closed his eyes.

Something soft pressed against his forehead, and he heard HanGeng whisper, “I love you HeeChul.” He smiled and fell asleep.

 

In the morning, HanGeng woke first. He got out of the sleeping bag, making sure to not make too much noise in case he woke the diva too early, and walked out into the early morning sun. It was still dewy around them, and he gazed around at the simple beauty of the world. Hands slid around his waist, and he held them, lacing the fingers with his.

“What are you looking at?” HeeChul asked. HanGeng gestured to around him.

“Everything.”

“We’re leaving now, aren’t we?” HeeChul asked.

“Why do you sound regretful?” HanGeng , touching HeeChul’s smooth skin lightly. HeeChul kissed his fingertips when they passed over his lips and HanGeng smiled.

“I like it here. I like having time with you alone. Really alone,” HeeChul said. HanGeng leaned down and kissed him gently, and HeeChul held on to him after they parted, pressing their foreheads together.

“I like you,” HanGeng whispered.

“I… like you too,” HeeChul said, blushing as the words came out.

“But yes, we’re leaving now. Are you ready?” HanGeng asked.

“Yes. Let’s go,” HeeChul said, grabbing two of the bags and loading them into the trunk of his car.

“I still have to undo the tent,” HanGeng informed him.

“Oh, right.” HeeChul sat in the front seat, watching as HanGeng packed everything up and dropped them in the trunk. He shifted into the passenger seat as HanGeng walked toward the car and got in.

“Where are we going now?” HeeChul asked excitedly.

“Home. Is there somewhere you’d like to go?” HanGeng asked, starting the ignition. The engine purred to life beneath them.

“Well, not now, but later. Will you come with me?” HeeChul asked, as they drove off.

“Where?”

“Not telling you!” HeeChul , poking HanGeng’s side. He squirmed, and HeeChul realized he had tickles there. He tucked that piece of information away for later use, when they were not in a moving car.

“I’ll come with you,” HanGeng conceded. HeeChul pumped his fist in the air as celebration then turned up the song on the radio. He began to sing along with What Is Love – EXO-K. HanGeng glanced over at him and then began to sing the Chinese version of the song.

And that’s how they went home.

 

HeeChul dashed into the apartment, immediately stripping and flinging himself into the bathroom. He felt so dirty. He wasn’t exactly used to sleeping in the wild like HanGeng. He washed his hair and scrubbed his skin thoroughly, so thoroughly that when he came out, he was pink all over. HanGeng went after, losing himself under the soothing water. He closed his eyes and let his thoughts wonder.

Somehow, they ended up on the handsome man he had met at school recently. SiWon. That was his name. He was really handsome. As he ran his hands through his hair one last time, he wondered idly when he would next see him. He wanted to see him again. After all, he was the new student in school.

HanGeng didn’t know how much he would regret wanting to see SiWon again then.

When he came out, HeeChul was already dressed and waiting on the couch for him. He looked excited, his eyes bright. He looked… happy.

HeeChul felt happy.

“Come on, we’re going to the movies!”