Cold Shoulder

Way Back To Love

HanGeng walked for hours until morning came before he realized he had nowhere else to go but HeeChul’s apartment. He contemplated sleeping on one of the benches in a park he just walked through, and then decided against it. Who knew what else slept there?

Dejectedly and slowly, he made his way back to HeeChul’s apartment. He had gone further away from it than he realized. He reached the apartment before he realized he had thrown his keys onto the seat when he ran away. Groaning, he walked up to the door anyway. Maybe HeeChul would be late for school again this morning and still in the apartment.

But the door was locked. Pinned to the door with a red thumbtack, was a note. He ripped it off and read it.

HanGeng. If you’re reading this, that must mean you’ve come back. The key’s in the regular place and I left the car for you. I’m so sorry. Please, can we talk about it? I miss you. I’ll be at school. Don’t forget we have one more activity to do for our Chinese journal.

Love, Chul~

HanGeng grimaced and crumpled the note in his fist. He stooped, flipping one side of the mat to reveal the key. So cliché of HeeChul to hide a spare key under the front door mat. He put it in place and opened the door, getting ready for school in record time. As he ran his hand through his hair a few times, he rushed down to the parking lot and started the engine. He was at school in minutes, but still late.

Luckily for him, or unluckily, depended on how you looked at it, his first class was Chinese. Flawlessly explaining why he was late in Chinese (he overslept), the teacher excused him and he took his seat next to HeeChul. He had barely glanced at the diva, but he saw the dark circles beneath his eyes and the redness that came from crying too much. He could feel HeeChul’s eyes fixated on him as he opened his textbook and ignored him for the entire lesson.

“Okay, that’s it for this lesson,” the teacher told them, closing his textbook with a flourish as they finished learning about asking directions.

“You may leave,” he said, walking back to his desk.

HanGeng picked up his things without a glance at HeeChul and walked straight out the door. He could hear HeeChul calling after him, but his heart burned with anger and betrayal and that made his footsteps steadfast.

“Geng! Please wait!” HeeChul called desperately from a little behind him. HanGeng waited until the older had caught up to him, the turned around, venom in his voice and hatred in his eyes.

“Don’t you ever call me that again,” he hissed then continued walking to his next class.

“HanGeng…” HeeChul felt the tears prick at his eyes, but he would not let his weakness show. He was Kim HeeChul. He did not cry over people.

“Is something wrong?” a voice from behind him asked. He turned to see KiBum standing there with a concerned expression on his face. He pushed past him without answering, though the younger’s face still lingered in his mind.

“Hey,” someone caught his hand and stopped him. He tried to shake KiBum off, but his grip was too strong.

“I asked if something was wrong, Chullie,” KiBum insisted.

“Nothing’s wrong,” HeeChul lied.

“HeeChul, come on. I know you, I know something’s wrong,” KiBum sighed, “Come on, we’re not going to class.” He began pulling him toward one of the side doors, opening it and leading the way to the parking lot. HeeChul didn’t even bother resisting.

His heart was being pulled in two directions: part of him wanted to go after HanGeng again but part of him wanted to be with KiBum again. He was so confused.

“Where are you taking me?” HeeChul asked dully as KiBum pulled out of school. KiBum glanced over at him.

“To our normal spot,” he said, a tone of surprise lacing his voice. HeeChul didn’t react. Their normal spot. Up by the lake where they would spend playful days, quiet evenings, romantic nights… the memories from there were still so vivid in HeeChul’s mind.

They reached there quickly. KiBum got out, feeling the familiar breeze caress his face. HeeChul came out a moment later, standing with a blank expression on his face, but he came to stand next to KiBum.

Like a habit, KiBum’s hand reached out and took HeeChul’s in his own. Both stood there, looking at the light that made the lake sparkle like diamonds. They could remember the times they shared here as though they were happening before their eyes.

“Talk to me HeeChul. I want to get to know you again,” KiBum said softly.

Talk to him? what about? About what he felt? About what had happened since he had left? About how he thought he was falling in love with someone other than KiBum? What was there to talk about?

“I don’t know what to say,” HeeChul realized.

“Say anything. Tell me how much you’ve missed me, how much you thought about me while I was gone…”

“I… don’t want to talk about that…”

“Then don’t. but tell me something.”

“I… I’m a mess these days KiBum. I was since you left me. And then I met this guy. He was sweet, and caring, and kind, and gentle, and he never once left my side… he loved me… he gave me his all… and I just couldn’t…”

“Just couldn’t what?” KiBum prompted, releasing HeeChul’s hand.

“Just couldn’t… return it…”

“Why not?” KiBum asked, turning to HeeChul and taking him by the waist. He pulled him closer, trapping HeeChul’s hands between them, his hands laced around HeeChul’s waist. HeeChul stared at him, his eyes wide and vulnerable.

“Because I still love you,” HeeChul whispered.

“And I love you,” KiBum replied, and he kissed heechul. The sweet touching of their lips brought back so many memories… too many…

It was so painful. But he was confused, and he kissed KiBum back with all the emotion he felt pent up inside him.

 

Haven't updated this in a while.. thought I should. So here you are!!! Anoher chapter!! Heenim, why you be this way to Hangeng?? *cries*

please please PLEASE COMMENT, subscribe and upvote <3 Thank you~ Hope you enjoy the chapter :D