The Agreement

Way Back To Love

The next three days were spent decorating the school to look like Christmas, and by the end of it, they had succeeded. The school looked beautiful; there was not a place you could go in there that would not remind one of Christmas. HanGeng was anticipating the concert as much as anyone else, and then he had decided to join. He had always wanted to become a professional dancer. There was no reason not to start displaying his talent now.

Staying with HeeChul was pleasantly surprising. After the night HeeChul had slept on the couch with him, HanGeng had woken up to find himself on the ground and HeeChul resting peacefully on the couch. After that, there had been no more nights of sharing the couch. HeeChul had not even apologised.

Since that day HanGeng had confessed his feelings to HeeChul, they had really pretended to forgot that anything had ever happened, and they were simply roommates as well as seatmates, and project partners. Everyone who saw HanGeng and HeeChul together noted how well they worked together, and HeeChul’s close friends noticed how different HeeChul seemed when he was around HanGeng.

He had not meant to eavesdrop on them. It had just happened.

“He’s sharing his room with Geng. Imagine that. He still hasn’t let us stay a single night in his precious apartment yet somehow HanGeng…” he heard KyuHyun comment as he helped them to sweep out the last of the corridors the evening before the concert that was to be held in the night.

“I know right? And do you see the way they look at each other? It’s like they see straight through to the other’s thoughts,” SungMin said, glancing around to make sure HeeChul wasn’t around.

“Hey guys. I’m done with my share. I’m gonna head home now,” HanGeng said, approaching them and handing over the borrowed broom while trying to keep a straight face.

“Okay. Make sure you tell HeeChul you’re going,” SungMin called after him when he walked out the door.

“Yeah!” HanGeng pulled out his phone and dialled HeeChul’s number. The older answered after two rings, sounding irritated and tired.

“What?” HeeChul barked.

“Chul, it’s HanGeng and I’m going home. Want to come now or want me to come back for you?” HanGeng asked.

“I want to go home now,” HeeChul told him, the anger and irritation leaving his voice as he heard HanGeng’s voice.

“Kay. Meet me out front in five,” HanGeng said before hanging up. He walked out to the parking lot and was there within three minutes. He sat in the driver’s seat and waited. Five minutes… ten minutes…

He glanced at his watch, wondering where the diva could have possibly gone. He got out from the car, and watched around to make sure HeeChul wasn’t coming now. Seeing nothing, he headed back into the school, aiming for the corridors he knew HeeChul had been sweeping out with the help of YeSung and RyeoWook who had gone home an hour before.

It was dead quiet, and then he heard quiet breathing and soft sobbing noises coming from behind him. Turning, he saw HeeChul standing outside, illuminated by the moonlight. There was no one else around.

“HeeChul, are you okay?” HanGeng asked, rushing to him and embracing him immediately when HeeChul flung his arms around HanGeng. HeeChul did not respond, only holding on to HanGeng even tighter and sobbing into his shoulder. HanGeng could feel the hot tears soak through his shirt and burn against his skin. HanGeng let him have a good ten minutes of his crying before he pulled back to look at HeeChul.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay. HeeChul it’s okay. Look at me,” HanGeng ordered him. HeeChul barely glanced at HanGeng before a fresh wave of tears filled his eyes and cascaded down his cheeks again.

“Chul, hey. No, don’t cry. It’s okay. Everything’s okay,” HanGeng said, but he could not refuse the diva when he hugged him again. They stood together, swaying gently as HeeChul’s’ sobs racked his body. HeeChul did not move even when soft drops of rain began to fall, and gradually increased. They simply stood there.

HeeChul clung to HanGeng for dear life, for sanity, because it seemed as though the younger gave him strength, and hope, and all the things he had been missing. Being around HanGeng kept the pain at bay, one he had been fighting with for so long. But he just didn’t know if he had the strength to trust someone again after what KiBum had done. He had given his all to KiBum, had loved him… and in the end, everyone just betrayed you and left.

“Don’t leave me HanGeng. Don’t ever leave me,” he mumbled into HanGeng’s warmth. HanGeng’s arms tightened around him, and for now, he felt safe.

Maybe… sometimes, second chances happened. Maybe… love deserved a second chance too…

He pulled back and studied HanGeng’s face. There was nothing but concern for HeeChul displayed there right now, and HeeChul felt… loved. He hesitated for a moment longer, and then pressed his lips to HanGeng’s. Before HanGeng could respond in any way, he pulled back and looked HanGeng straight in the eye.

“Remember when I said forget it? Yeah, well I couldn’t. And your confession? ‘You have feelings for me’? I have feelings for you too,” HeeChul told him, his cheeks reddening despite all his flair he usually managed to put off.

A grin spread across HanGeng’s face and he laced his hands together around HeeChul’s back pulling him close once more. HeeChul lay a restraining hand on HanGeng’s chest, and stopped him.

“But you were also right about something else. I’m not sure if I’m ready for another relationship just as yet, so, let’s try not to act on our feelings okay?” HeeChul suggested.

“I’m not sure if I’ll be able to do that now that I know the feeling is mutual, you know,” HanGeng whispered, trying once again to pull HeeChul close.

HeeChul resisted once again, wanting to make himself completely and crystal clear before anything happened.

“You have to. I’m not ready HanGeng,” HeeChul said seriously, and for once, HanGeng saw the fear hidden behind the diva image.

“Okay, I heard you. I will. Or I’ll try at least. Now I just want to hug you okay?” HanGeng said, looking straight at HeeChul, who nodded and then let himself be embraced again.

“Oh, and you can’t see anyone else even though we’re not together.”

“Whatever you say, diva.”

 

hello everyone :D i had a terrible day and i thought, why not have my readers give me some love? you do love me right? or at least love my story :D

i'm not sure what i'm doing with this story anymore, but we'll see when it ends. i think i know where we're going... but then i was never very good with directions :P

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND UPVOTE :D I LOVE YOU ALL :D