The Encounter

Way Back To Love

HanGeng smiled as he spotted a free parking space, and was about to turn, just as a car sped past them and swung smoothly into said parking space. HanGeng reversed, just as another car emptied a space and drove to fill that one instead.

HanGeng and HeeChul got out, both wanting to give the driver a piece of their mind. Two men alighted from the car, both dressed in dark suits that fit them to perfection. HeeChul gasped in recognition as he saw their faces and immediately turned around, hiding behind HanGeng.

Too late.

“HeeChul? Is that you?” a familiar voice called out, and HeeChul groaned. He considered running away as fast as he could, then decided that he had a better chance surviving a one hundred metre fall. Actually, right now, that sounded better than this.

“Do you know them?” HanGeng whispered, turning to pull HeeChul up. HeeChul nodded glumly, and steeled himself for the next few minutes.

“Hi. I’m KiBum. Kim KiBum. I’m a past friend of HeeChul’s,” one of the men said, walking forward to meet them and holding out a hand to HanGeng. HeeChul had not emerged from behind him yet.

“HanGeng, how nice to see you again,” another voice greeted.

“SiWon?” HanGeng asked disbelievingly.

“The one and only. This is my friend, KiBum, and I suppose that’s your boyfriend?” SiWon asked, nodding to HeeChul.

“Yes, um…”

“KiBum,” HeeChul groaned, as he emerged from behind HanGeng. His hand slipped into HanGeng’s squeezing it very tightly as he fought to keep his face pleasant.

“This is HeeChul,” HanGeng said lamely, as SiWon's hand went around KiBum comfortably.

“Are you all headed inside?” SiWon asked.

“No-”

“Yes, we are,” HanGeng said firmly, pulling HeeChul behind KiBum and SiWon who had already begun to walk.

“We are not going to run away from your ex!” HanGeng whispered furiously as he pulled HeeChul. When they got inside, SiWon had already gotten their tickets and was waiting for HanGeng and HeeChul who lined up nervously. Incidentally, they went to the same movie.

HeeChul couldn’t focus on the movie. All he could think about was the fact that his ex-boyfriend, was sitting not four rows up from him and HanGeng. He might as well admit this to himself now, it was a waste of a movie. His heart tugged as he saw KiBum laugh at something on the screen and smile as SiWon fed him another chip.

After the movie, HeeChul fled as fast as he could. Seeing KiBum, seeing his eye blinding smile, and his compelling eyes… his everything… was bringing back feelings HeeChul didn’t want to feel. HanGeng wouldn’t understand, he knew that. He didn’t understand. He wasn’t prepared for this. He hadn’t expected this at all.

He wondered if SiWon and KiBum were a couple. They had seemed rather close, but then, he and SungMin and RyeoWook acted the same way sometimes. Maybe they were every close friends. Why was he hoping that that was all they were?

“Hey, you okay?” HeeChul turned around to find the person he wanted to and didn’t want to see standing there.

“Fine,” he told KiBum.

“You sure?”

“Yes. Why would you care anyway?”

“I do care. It’s why I came back,” KiBum said, walking up to stand beside him. He turned away, wanting to hide his feelings before KiBum saw them. He couldn’t do this, not to HanGeng. He wouldn’t. trying his best to wipe his face of all emotion, he fiddled with his phone as he waited for HanGeng.

“I have something I need to tell you, HeeChul,” KiBum said, and he felt a firm hand on his upper arm. KiBum spun him around and he immediately looked at the ground.

My shoes are really interesting, he thought.

“I would like if you’d look at me, you know,” KiBum said gently, tipping his head up. HeeChul looked into KiBum’s eyes, and all thoguhts of HanGeng flew from his mind. Here was the man he loved, here was the man who made him feel special. Here was the man he had cried for, and hurt over.

“I came back for you HeeChul. I miss you,” KiBum said, and leaned forward.

 

HanGeng watched from the doorway as his boyfriend and the ex talked. He heard everything they said, and could clearly read the emotions, the love specifically, that HeeChul was fighting so hard to keep hidden. He thought he heard his heart breaking as he watched KiBum lean forward and kiss HeeChul. HeeChul’s hands curled into the front of KiBum’s shirt as KiBum pulled his boyfriend close.

Tears filled his eyes and blurred his vision but they didn’t stop him from hearing the next four words as they parted.

“I love you, HeeChul.”

Turning, he blindly found his way out of the cinema and back into the car, dropping the keys on the seat and then stumbling away from the mall. He walked pointlessly down any street as his tears fell, dripping hot down his cheeks as the scene and words replayed in his head. Again and again and again…

I love you HeeChul…

I love you HeeChul…

I love you too, HeeChul, HanGeng thought as he finally collapsed onto a bench, physically and mentally exhausted.

I love you so much.

 

“You what?” HeeChul asked disbelievingly as he pushed KiBum away from him.

“I love you. I came back because I realized that I love you,” KiBum said, trying to hold him again.

“And now you realize that? You couldn’t realize that before you cheated on me?” HeeChul near shrieked.

“I was a fool back then,” KiBum said.

“I just… I need to go,” HeeChul said, hurrying out of the cinema, his mind whirling and his heart racing. He rushed down the stairs, not bothering about apologizing when he knocked into people. He reached the car in minutes and then looked around for HanGeng.

Nothing had ever stopped his heart and mind as effectively as when he saw the keys on the passenger seat and no HanGeng. Pulling the door open, he sat down and locked himself inside. Tears came and he just let them fall.

I ruined everything, he thought.

 

I'm afraid... I'm going on a haitus for this story because I promised my subscribers I would finish another story in September... Updates won't be very often! I'm eternally sorry :'( You may beat me up if you wish :'(

However, if you don't want to do that, you can check out the story I will be updating every day of September.... IF YOU WANT.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/512637/finding-the-light-angst-fluff-kyuhyun-kyumin-sungmin-yunjae

I wanted to finish this one... but :'( I'm so sowwie :'( I shall still update in September, but school starts then and it's hard...

I love you all <3

Please comment <3 You don't have to subscribe or upvote! Just comment! It does wonders for my inspiration levels :D