The Movie

Way Back To Love

“That was fun,” HanGeng said as they drove back to HeeChul’s apartment.

 

“Are you kidding me? I’m sore all over,” HeeChul complained.

“You should be the last one to complain. I did all the work, all you did was stretch and hang,” HanGeng replied.

“My arms are killing me. That’s why I let you drive,” HeeChul told him.

HanGeng just nodded, knowing there was no way he could win this fight against the diva. He was tired as well, having helped decorate until five that evening.

“Why don’t we go see a movie?” HeeChul suggested suddenly.

“Weren’t you just tired?” HanGeng countered.

“Never too tired to see a movie,” HeeChul informed him.

“Right.”

“So are we going or not? I really want to see a movie.”

“Fine. Which cinema? You’ll have to direct me,” HanGeng said, stopping the car and looking over at HeeChul expectantly.

“Ah. Right. Well, that’s the cinema we’re going to. You passed it. So, first turn around and take a right. That should lead you to the back entrance of the complex, and from there, just drive to the cinema.”

“Okay,” HanGeng said, switching gear and reversing. He drove to the cinema, letting HeeChul get out first as he requested, and then parking in one of the empty spots.

“Remind me why we’re doing this?” HanGeng asked as he slid into the seat next to HeeChul.

“Because I want to,” HeeChul said stubbornly, offering HanGeng the bucket of popcorn and sipping his drink.

“And why do I have to go along with it? There’s no reason I should be here,” HanGeng pointed out.

“And who will give you a drop home? Beside I wanted you here,” HeeChul said, but shushed him when HanGeng went to respond. The movie was starting, and HeeChul did not want to miss a moment of it. Obviously.

HanGeng couldn’t say anything against that. He felt… happy that HeeChul wanted him here. Despite the very short time of having known HeeChul, he knew already that he had feelings for him. How deep they were, was yet to be determined. The diva patted his cheek distractedly as he watched the screen intently.

HanGeng shrugged to himself, and slid down in his seat. Best make the most of the money it cost to buy his ticket, seeing as he already had so little of it. His thoughts wondered to where he would stay tonight, since he did not find a set place in Korea just yet. Absently he thought about the apartment he had stayed at the day before. HeeChul's. Perhaps he could... Rooms were just so expensive…

Just then, HeeChul’s hand slid next to his as he tried to share an armrest with HanGeng. He leaned closer to HanGeng as he watched, intent on the movie.

His mind now refocused on the movie, and on HeeChul’s hand lying next to his, and watched as the main character confessed to his counterpart in the film. It was a cliché storyline, yet it had somehow managed to capture the diva. HanGeng watched as they kissed, and felt the urge to do the same run through him.

HeeChul sighed. The ending credits were being played.

“That was worth it. Now I’m ready to go home and sleep,” HeeChul said, but he did not get up. He rested his hand on HanGeng’s arm when HanGeng made to get up, saying, “Let all the other people go first. Everyone always rushes to get out of here. I hate that.”

HanGeng nodded but remained standing, tapping his fingers on the seat in front him as he watched people file out of the exit. HeeChul stood and quickly slapped his hand down on HanGeng’s to stop the drumming sound produced, glaring slightly at HanGeng when he looked questioningly at him.

The younger just shook his head, both to show the diva he meant no harm and to try to clear his head from the thoughts forming. They were bad thoughts.

As the last few people left, HeeChul smiled and then emerged from the aisle he had sat in, HanGeng right behind him. As HanGeng headed toward the entrance (perhaps the open space and the addition of other people would help him), HeeChul’s voice from behind him stopped him. He turned to find HeeChul standing at the front of the cinema, right in front the big screen.

“I’ve always wanted to do this,” HeeChul confessed, pulling on the curtain beneath the big screen to show his desire, and then flipping it up and disappearing beneath it.

“HeeChul! Really! Come on, the security will think we’re sabotaging their cinema! Let’s go!” HanGeng said, running down the long walkway to the front.

“No! Come get me!” he heard HeeChul call from behind the curtain.

He shook his head at the diva, forgetting that the older couldn’t see him right now, and ducked quickly behind the curtain when a hand darted out from beneath it and grabbed his wrist, pulling him inside. He collided with HeeChul, and the both of them slammed into a wall.

HeeChul peered curiously over HanGeng’s shoulder, seeming interested in what lay behind the curtain. HanGeng glanced over his shoulder, only managing to distract himself from those lips for a moment. It was a tangle of wires and cables, nothing more. It made him face front again, and by extension, see HeeChul’s lips again.

“I’m most likely going to regret this,” he muttered to himself.

“Regret… mmm,” HeeChul’s words were cut off when HanGeng pressed his lips to the diva’s. HeeChul’s mind went blank for a full five seconds before he regained sense and pushed HanGeng away from him with both hands. Hard.

“What the… HanGeng! What was that?” HeeChul shrieked at him.

“I’m sorry. Well, no I’m not, not now anyway. It was a kiss,” HanGeng told him, touching his lips as though unbelieving of what he had just done.

“Why did you kiss me?” HeeChul said, glaring now at HanGeng.

“I… don’t know,” HanGeng said, hanging his head.

HeeChul’s eyes flashed hurt before they went blank, but HanGeng didn’t see it. The little seed of hope HeeChul had in his heart was just put in the dark and drained of water. It was dying.

“Take me home,” HeeChul told him. all the former hysteria was gone from his voice, and in its place was a dull monotone that had HanGeng second glancing at HeeChul before he asked, “HeeChul are you-”

“Take. Me. Home.”

“Now.”

HeeChul pulled back the curtain and stepped out from behind it. He walked down the walkway without looking back once and was waiting in the passenger seat by the time HanGeng managed to catch up t him.

“HeeChul…”

“Take me home, idiot.”

HanGeng glanced outside the window, and then started the engine. Fine. Home.

 

SUPER JUNIOR SARANGHAE <3

I'll just put a few pics of KiBum and HeeChul together :) just to torture all you HanChul shippers :D