The Concert

Way Back To Love

“Come on, we’re going to be late!” HanGeng shouted at the diva who was still standing in front of his mirror, making the last finishing touches to his face.

“No point reaching there on time if I don’t look good,” HeeChul grumbled as he pencilled in his eyeliner. HanGeng snorted at this, and grabbed HeeChul by the waist, turning him around and steering him out of the apartment.

“I have to reach there early,” HanGeng said firmly, snatching the keys and locking the apartment behind them. He had to push a complaining HeeChul all the way to the car and then try to shut him out while he drove to school. HeeChul only stopped complaining for a moment when HanGeng opened his door for him and bodily took him out, because the diva refused to come out of the car ‘looking so terrible’.

“HanGeng! Put me down! Now!” HeeChul shrieked as HanGeng carried him backstage and then dropped him on a couch unceremoniously.

“I put you down,” HanGeng said, then went to talk to SungMin about the order of performance. HeeChul stayed on the couch, pouting as though expecting an apology, but looking at HanGeng speaking to SungMin curiously. He felt a little pang as he saw Kyu come up behind them and hug SungMin, making the latter laugh.

I want to be happy like that too, he thought to himself, averting his gaze because the sight made him jealous. But he also remembered that man... with his hands around HanGeng, who had refused to say anything more on the topic even though Heechul had irritated him to no end.

He played with a stray thread on his clothes as he waited for HanGeng to come back.

“Hey, I’m going with Kyu and Min now okay?” a voice said. He looked up to see HanGeng standing there, with an unexpected excited smile on his face, and he nodded without thought.

“Don’t miss me too much,” HanGeng , and kissed him swiftly on his right cheek, making HeeChul exclaim and jump back, while HanGeng waved and ran after KyuMin’s retreating forms. HeeChul watched him until he was gone, and then headed off to sit in front. The auditorium would soon be filling up and he wanted to have a good view of all the performers.

He touched the place where HanGeng’s lips had rested and thought about the China Man unconsciously, wondering where he had gone.

“I should save a seat for him,” HeeChul muttered to himself as he slid into the third row. From here, he could see the entire stage, and he rested his hand on the other seat protectively. He would wait for HanGeng.

Soon after, the auditorium started to fill up, and HeeChul relaxed into his seat, not taking his hand of the seat ever. The lights dimmed a moment later, and two spotlights appeared, and HeeChul glanced around for HanGeng. He was nowhere in sight. HeeChul frowned, and looked back to the front. SungMin and KyuHyun came out, dressed in matching suits and holding hands loosely.

“I’m SungMin,” SungMin said into the mike.

“And I’m KyuHyun,” KyuHyun said, leaning forward.

They looked at each other, “And we will be your MCs for tonight.”

“But my fellow MC has a performance so I’ll be here for now. Now, we have YeSung and KyuHyun singing a duet. Please welcome them,” SungMin announced, clapping his hands. The audience followed, along with a few whistles and cheers.

YeSung and KyuHyun came on stage, the spotlights focusing on them. KyuHyun lifted his mike; the both of them lightly swaying to the soft music RyeoWook played on the piano, and began to sing. The duo serenaded the audience with a beautiful soulful song that touched people to their very core.

As they bowed and gave their thanks, HeeChul once again looked around for HanGeng. The lights dimmed once again, and then Kyu reappeared next to SungMin, looking slightly sweaty and out of breath, but still very handsome.

“Next up, we have a new friend of ours. He is extremely talented, and we hope you will love him as we do. Please welcome, performing a dance routine, HanGeng!” KyuHyun announced, clapping. HeeChul clapped both hands to his mouth as HanGeng appeared on stage.

“That little…” his words trailed off as he found himself captured by the charisma, power and energy HanGeng expressed while dancing. His eyes followed the beads of sweat that dripped down HanGeng’s bare arms as he performed. The audience screamed and cheered for the entire performance, and the noise only increased when HanGeng bowed as he ended his performance. His eyes searched the crowd, and found HeeChul’s. he looked breathless, but never had HeeChul seen him more alive.

HeeChul smiled, and waved, feeling his heart skip a beat when HanGeng returned the gesture, walking off the stage to deafening applause. It’s time, his heart told him. HeeChul skid out of the auditorium packed with people, heading backstage to see HanGeng. He had something to tell him.

“HanGeng!” HeeChul shouted, seeing the China Man up ahead.

“HeeChul,” HanGeng said, stopping and turning around with a smile to wait on HeeChul.

“You didn’t tell me you were performing today,” HeeChul complained, hitting HanGeng on the shoulder lightly.

“I didn’t realize we were married,” HanGeng .

“We’re not. I just need to know everything you’re doing okay?” HeeChul said, slightly irked that the China Man always managed to tease HeeChul. He remembered why he had come here.

“It was epic,” HeeChul told him honestly.

“Thank you. I really love to dance,” HanGeng said, practically glowing as he said the words.

“And you’re very good at it,” HeeChul praised him.

“Thank you,” HanGeng said again, “Anything else? I want to go bathe.” When HeeChul did not respond, he patted him lightly on the head and bid him goodbye, turning to walk to the bathrooms.

“I have something to tell you,” HeeChul blurted out to HanGeng’s retreating figure.

“Okay,” HanGeng said, turning again and leaning against the wall behind him. He waited while HeeChul tried to gather his wits, and some courage to say the following words.

“Iwanttobewithyouhangeng,” HeeChul said in one quick breath.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that,” HanGeng said, walking to HeeChul and tilting his head toward HeeChul.

“I… I want to be with you HanGeng,” HeeChul said, looking at his fingers nervously playing with each other. He continued to look down, and hearing nothing in response, his heart began to sink.

“HeeChul,” HanGeng finally said.

“Yes?” HeeChul whispered.

“Are you sure about this?” HanGeng asked him.

“Yes,” HeeChul said, barely managing to get the word out.

Fingers lifted his chin, making his eyes meet HanGeng’s soft ones. They looked at each other, neither saying anything, HeeChul’s fear of screwing everything up growing with every passing silent second.

“I am too,” HanGeng whispered, and leaned in to kiss HeeChul. HeeChul felt HanGeng smile against his lips as the younger pulled HeeChul up and the older wrapped his legs around HanGeng. They kissed until they were both out of breath, and then finally, when they separated, it was only to rest their foreheads against the other’s.

“I love you HeeChul,” HanGeng whispered, and HeeChul’s heart felt light, and he felt loved.

I love you HanGeng.

 

So... I know I went missing on everyone for the last two days... I've been really busy! So I'm really sorry! Please forgive me :D Finally, these two fools are together and happy, you know, with some prompting of jealousy :) But, of course, now that SiWon's back in town, I doubt their happiness is gonna last very long :D We shall see. Depends on hwo my mood goes for the next two weeks. PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE :D