Last Entry

Way Back To Love

HanGeng didn’t even bother saying anything else to HeeChul as they walked up to the apartment together. It was clear the diva was in mode, though why with HanGeng he didn’t know. It was all he could do right now to not take HeeChul into his arms and beg him to stay with him.

He clutched his arms tighter around his leather notebook. Come hell or high water, they would have to finish this project this weekend. HanGeng unlocked the door and HeeChul stepped in first, beginning to shamelessly strip and then headed off to bathe.

As the water poured over HeeChul, he tried to remember his anger, his hurt, his jealousy. The reasons he was with KiBum. He wasn’t even sure that the love he felt was for KiBum anymore. He honestly didn’t know why he had done what he had done today.

At least one of us is happy, he thought, remembering KiBum’s bright smile as they sat by the lake once again that evening. But to HeeChul, that place was no longer a place of joy. Places of joy were… the movies… inside a cosy tent… all with HanGeng.

The night came back to him and HanGeng’s cherry ‘see you Monday’ to SiWon came back. Renewed jealousy filled his heart, replacing all the confusing thoughts. KiBum. That was all that mattered right now.

“So, we’re going on the picnic tomorrow?” HanGeng asked as HeeChul walked out of the bathroom. HeeChul nodded, not trusting himself around HanGeng.

“Okay,” HanGeng muttered then went to bathe. After he had finished, he pulled out a book and tossed it at HeeChul.

“That’s our project book,” he told him.

“Okay,” HeeChul replied, taking the leather covered book in his hands and flipping through the blank pages. He liked the sound parchment made. HanGeng walked to the light switch and flipped it. HeeChul could hear him settle into the couch and turned off his night lamp.

He stared into the darkness, willing himself to sleep. Every night was like this. He knew why he could not fall asleep tonight. There was no warmth beside him, no familiar comforting scent, no HanGeng. Sighing he rolled over. There was no possible way he could ask HanGeng to sleep with him tonight, or any night again.

HanGeng pulled the covers over his head, hearing HeeChul’s quiet breathing and sigh from the room. He tried to imagine HeeChul curled up in is arms... and fell asleep.

The next morning it was HeeChul’s loud voice waking him up, telling him to get ready quickly because he wanted to get this over with already. Dazedly, he bathed and dressed, then tried not to trip over everything as they went down to the parking lot. HeeChul drove.

They reached a serene little spot. It looked like a meadow. There was a lake nearby. There wasn’t anyone else around as HanGeng and HeeChul got out of the car. The morning sunlight shone strongly everywhere, making the water sparkle and them squint as they lay out the food.  HeeChul had prepared everything, so obviously it was all bought.

HanGeng sat down on the blanket HeeChul had bought for them to sit on, taking a Styrofoam plate and picking out a few things. HeeChul did the same, no words between them. He snapped a picture of them like that first. The both plastered fake smiles on their faces, for the tension was so thick between them you could cut it with a scissors.

“So,” HeeChul began, because the diva was never one for silence.

“So,” HanGeng repeated.

“How… How are you?” he asked awkwardly.

“Fine.” Here they were, eating mini cheese-paste sandwiches and making conversation as though they were strangers.

“I’m fine too,” HeeChul said quickly.

“I didn’t ask.” The words escaped HanGeng’s mouth before he could hold them back. Tears filled HeeChul’s eyes. Why was this all so messed up? He looked away quickly, pretending he didn’t care.

“Whatever.”

“HeeChul, I’m sorry,” HanGeng said, wanting to reach out to the diva. He felt terrible.

“Whatever. It doesn’t matter,” HeeChul said, hoping his voice didn’t tremble. They ate out the food in silence. HeeChul reached for the camera again. He didn’t know what had possessed him to bring HanGeng to the lake of all places.

Just then, there were noises. It sounded like another car’s engine, but they couldn’t see it. standing, they looked around curiously. Before long, they heard voices, and both frowned as they recognized both voices.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cheat on you,” one voice said, and then a loud moan followed. HeeChul stifled his gasp; he knew that voice so well. It was KiBum’s.

“it doesn’t matter. I love you,” another voice growled. Both HanGeng and HeeChul turned away reflexively as KiBum and SiWon came stumbling around the corner, sharing heated kisses. When they finally parted, they didn’t seem to notice HanGeng and HeeChul standing there.

HeeChul felt his heart tighten. How dare KiBum do this to him, again? He clenched his hands into fists to help bank the urge to go over there and beat one of them. He stared unseeingly out in the distance, listening to the sounds of KiBum and SiWon making out. A sudden loud shout made him snap out of it and run over to them.

HanGeng was bending over a fallen KiBum while SiWon lay on the ground some distance away, his fist pounding repeatedly into KiBum’s face. SiWon was trying to get to his feet and HeeChul ran over to HanGeng and KiBum, pulling the China Man away from KiBum and holding his hands.

“Stop!” he shouted, struggling as HanGeng tried to reach back for KiBum. The youngest lay on the ground, curled up in pain while groans escaped his lips from even the slightest movement. His lip was bleeding and a bruise was already forming.

“Stop!” HeeChul cried again and wrapped his arms around HanGeng, pushing him away from the other two with all his might.

HanGeng pulled away from his embrace and stood there, panting hard. He glared at HeeChul with hatred filled eyes.

“How can you defend him after all he does?” HanGeng spat out, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

“HanGeng please…” HeeChul began, but he had nothing to say. How could he explain his actions?

“Forget it,” HanGeng scoffed, walking back to their picnic and beginning to pack up. HeeChul ran after him.

He had to fix this.

Now.

 

I'm so tired. I hate fighting with my sister... and this time I really don't know how long the fight will last.. Whatever. Once i know she's okay, i don't need to speak to her.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. My writing is slowly decresing in quality. Forgive me...