The Meeting

Way Back To Love

“-And there’s this concert coming up that we have to organize, so you’ll need to help me on that too. And then we have to-”

“We? Who we? I shall be sleeping this weekend. Thank God today is Friday. I don’t think I could stand another day in these dreary halls,” HeeChul said matter-of-factly.

“But HeeChul!!!! You told me weeks ago you’d help me!” SungMin screeched in his ears, as they walked down the corridors of their school during their lunch hour.

“If you told me weeks ago, why didn’t you start working on it weeks ago?” he asked evasively, because he really didn’t want to stay in school on weekends.

“Because… because…” SungMin struggled to find an answer.

“It doesn’t matter! You are helping me, end of story. You’re part of the head committee for a reason!” SungMin said finally.

HeeChul sighed. He had only become a member of the head committee through SungMin’s boyfriend, KyuHyun, who would do practically anything for Min. And all of HeeChul’s creative genius had disappeared since…

“Fine, fine! But I’m only helping with the dance showcase,” he said.

The dance showcase was easy to organize, seeing as people rarely ever signed up for it. No one could dance in this school, except for maybe that EunHyuk and DongHae. All the others who tried out were just a bunch of losers. Honestly.

“Yay~” SungMin sang, and then skipped off to class as the bell rang.

Inwardly, HeeChul cursed, then stood still for a while, watching the majority of the student body rush around him to get to their respective classes.

There was a sudden loud crash in the empty hallway as another warm body crashed into HeeChul. As HeeChul had nothing in his hands he managed to break his fall before he could actually fall.

The guy, on the other hand, seemed to have been carrying the library in his hands, which promptly fell out and spilt on the ground. HeeChul repressed his laughter as he bent to help the poor clumsy guy.

“Thank you.” It was said softly and breathlessly, which was understandable for someone who’d been flinging through the corridors at high speed.

“It’s nothing,” he assured him as they stood up.

HeeChul handed over the books he’d picked up to the guy and looked curiously at the clumsy guy. He was wearing a grey sweat pants, a white wife beater, and a black leather jacket.

Silently, he deliberated going to his own class. He had Chinese now.

For the life of HeeChul, he could never understand why he would want to learn Chinese. It wasn’t like he was ever going to live in China, or like there was going to be Chinese people coming to this school anytime soon.

How wrong he was.

HeeChul decided to go to class. He had already gotten in trouble several times for the term for skipping classes, or creating chaos when he did attend. The only reason he hadn’t been thrown out yet was because of his father, who had strong influence on his principal, and generally the school body.

Maybe this would be an off day for him, and he would actually be good.

He doubted it though.

As he walked along the deserted corridors, already late, he couldn’t help but remember the first time he’d seen him walk down this very corridor to meet HeeChul.

He felt his ribs tighten uncomfortably around his heart as he took this train of thought. Kim KiBum, the seemingly perfect boyfriend for HeeChul, even if he had been a little on the quiet side. People had always said they’d balanced each other out in that way.

Shaking his head, he forced himself from the torture the past offered. He couldn’t go to Chinese in a mess.

When HeeChul opened the door, everyone looked up but the teacher. Most teachers never even bothered looking at HeeChul anymore, considering him a waste of space in their classroom, seeing as he rarely ever did anything good in classes.

As one of the more popular students, most of the students who knew HeeChul waved or gave some sign of recognition as he walked to his seat. And HeeChul saw he had been wrong.

Not everyone but the teacher had looked up.

Sitting in the usually empty seat next to HeeChul’s, was a certain long-haired guy. The guy from earlier. And he was carrying one of the books he’d been carrying before. HeeChul had picked up that one.

HeeChul took his seat, ignoring the person sitting next to him completely. It wasn’t not that he was mean or anything (or maybe it was.). He just wasn’t interested.

He could feel the numerous curious glances the guy next to him shot at him, but decided to ignore them all.

Kim KiBum.

Kim KiBum.

Kim KiBum.

Everyone you love always leaves you.

 “-So it’s as simple as that. You pair up with your seatmate by the way. No choosing of partners,” the teacher’s voice jerked HeeChul out of his daze.

“Wait, what?” he asked stupidly.

“Mr. Kim, I suggest you listen next time I am speaking. I do not like to repeat myself.”

Stony faced, the teacher walked to the front of the class, and sat at his desk. From there, he spun his chair so the back faced his class.

“So I guess you’re my partner.”

He heard a quiet accented voice from beside him.

“You guessed wrong. You are not my seat partner. I have no seat partner. I’m not doing this,” HeeChul protested loudly so the teacher would hear him.

All quiet chatter from the class dies out as they watched Kim HeeChul stride angrily up to the teacher, and spin his chair around.

The teacher surveyed him sternly for a moment, and then stood.

“Visits to the principal do you no harm, so I suppose I’ll have to take matters into my own hands this time. You do have seat partner. And it’s our new student from China, HanGeng.”

The class collectively held their breaths as they watched HeeChul and the teacher glare at each other without blinking, and then were all astonished to see HeeChul walk down the aisle and out of the classroom.

It was the first time they had ever seen the Kim HeeChul not have the last word.

But they were even more astonished to see their new student get up and follow HeeChul’s footsteps.

Wasn’t this going to be interesting.

 

so first chapter done. well then. the first is always the hardest. >.< i'll try my hardest to update every other day as well ^_^ please give it lots of love and don't forget to subscribe and comment!!!

it does miracles to my inspiration :)