Mall Date

It's a Small World Afterall

Mace's POV
 
"Woah! Wait!! Where are you taking me?!" I squeal as Gongchan dragged me through the mall. "I know I saw an arcade around here somewhere!" he mumbled to himself, unknowingly tugging me in the OPPOSITE direction of his desired destination. Chuckling under my breath, I silently let Gongchan lead the way. Although he seems to have absolutely no idea where he's going, Gongchan just looks so adorably determined! I don't want to ruin that by pointing out how wrong he is. Walking around in a giant circle through crowds of people, we finally made it to the arcade. "See! Told you!!" he puffed his chest out proudly, the brilliant smile on his face making my heart skip a beat. Yep, I'm definitely happy I decided not to take charge. That smile is absolutely breathtaking........ 
 
                After several hours of intense video game battles, in which I was VICTOR (not bragging or anything, but I ANNIHILATED Gongchan), we decided to walk over to one of the mall restaurants. All that winning has made me hungry (haha)! "Oh! Lets eat here!!" Gongchan excitedly pointed towards a little Italian restaurant. Walking in, I instantly felt out of place in my jeans and t-shirt. This place is so fancy looking! "Table for two" Gongchan stated while latching onto my hand, making me blush bright red. "Are you sure we should eat here? I feel a bit underdressed for a place this high class" I whispered into his ear as we slowly followed the host to our table. "It's fine, besides, don't you think it's romantic?" Mentally squealing, I dropped my head to face the floor, hair hiding my flushed face. Romantic? WAAHHH!! He makes it sound like we're on a date!!!  Breathing deeply to try and calm myself, I bowed in thanks to the host and swiftly sat down in one of the chairs before I could somehow embarrass myself. Almost instantly, a waitress was standing beside us. "Hello, what can I get for you tonight?" she smiled, notepad at the ready for our order. "A plate of spaghetti and two glasses of lemonade" Gongchan stated confidently, handing our menus over to the waitress. "One plate?" I glanced at him in confusion. "Mmhmm, we're gonna share, like in the movies" he winked, sending me into another internal fit of squeals. Is he trying to kill me?! I'm not sure how much of this my poor heart can take! Waiting patiently for our food, we conversed about how things have been going in school, teachers, friends, home-life.... small talk to keep us preoccupied. It's actually kind of nice to be able to converse like this. At home, it's usually too chaotic to have any meaningful conversations. Not only that, but I'm actually learning so much about Gongchan that I never knew before!!! "Here's your food" Miss. Waitress suddenly popped up out of nowhere holding a giant, steaming plate of spaghetti. Already I could feel my mouth salivating at the delicious aroma, stomach rumbling for attention. "Enjoy" Gongchan picked up his fork and began eating. Hastily, I snatched up my fork and stabbed a meatball, practically inhaling the little morsel, hoping it'll momentarily appease my embarrassingly rumbling stomach. "Hungry?" Gongchan chuckled, pushing the other meatball over to me. "Thanks" I mumbled, blushing to the roots of my hair. Silently, we continued eating, both savoring the delicious meal. Twirling a bit of spaghetti around my fork, I popped it into my mouth, up the noodles in delight. I continued along the noodle trail only to come to a complete stop, Gongchan's face inches from mine, a string of spaghetti connecting our mouths. How cliche is this? It's 'Lady and the Tramp' all over again.... What do I do?!?! Should I just bite the noodle?! Eyes widening in shock, I watched Gongchan's face move closer as he munched the noodle until our lips were centimeters apart. One more move and my first kiss is gone! Freezing in shock, I stared into his eyes, completely forgetting where we were. With a small smirk, Gongchan bit down on the noodle, our bottom lips brushing, before he plopped back into his chair with a satisfied smile. I, however, could only continue to sit frozen in shock. *Beep beep beep* Mind overload! Shutting down! Mentally slipping myself, I took in a shuttering breath and began stuffing my face nervously. Occasionally I would peek up at him, but embarrassment would hit and I'd go back to packing as much food in my mouth as I could get. I probably looked like a retarded chipmunk at this point, but I couldn't bring myself to care. I'm just too busy mentally freaking over our almost kiss!! 
 
               Meal finished, we left the mall with full bellies and a slightly emptier wallet (Gongchan's of course, he INSISTED on paying! Wouldn't even let me get half of the bill *pouts*). Eyes down cast, we walked along silently down the road. A few times, I opened my mouth to start a conversation, but nothing came out so I shut my mouth and continued walking. Not a word was spoken the whole way to my house. Stepping up onto the first step of my house (Ave's and Fo's technically), I let out a heavy sigh and turned to Gongchan only to jolt in shock at the feel of lips pressed against my cheek. "I had a really nice time, we should do it again sometime" he murmured, stepping back with a small smile. Unable to speak due to vocal cords tightening, I just nodded frantically, causing Gongchan to chuckle. "You're so cute" he whispered, ruffling my hair before turning to walk towards his house. In a daze, I watched him disappear into the house before slowly entering my friend's house. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" 
 
 
 
*Barfing Rainbows* I tried to make it mushy for ya Mace and Jules, can't say it was great, but I tried XD It's mushy enough to make me spew rainbows and cry glitter! Hope ya'lls enjoyed that. What do you think Mace saw when she opened the door? *Evil grin* You'll just have to wait 'tip the next chapter to find out! Don't forget to COMMENT 😄