School Time

It's a Small World Afterall
'Arg, who could possibly be knocking at the door,' I thought grumpily. It's just too early for anyone to be up and about. I sluggishly walked to my front door and opened it only to find my best friend Avy. She was standing half-asleep in my doorway with her suitcase. "Mom had to go on a business trip, mind if I stay here." "No, come on in." It's a good thing that when my parents moved to a different state, I stayed here. If not Avy wouldn't have anywhere to go and would probably have to stay home alone, which she hates to do. I looked at time and noticed it was 6:25. Guess I'm not going back to bed, I gotta get ready for school. "You know where your room is so go get ready for school and remember we have gym today, so don't wear boots." Avy nodded her head to me and walked up the stairs to her room. It used to be a guest room but she stays with me a lot cause her mom is constantly on business trips, so now it's hers. I walked to my room, which was downstairs next the kitchen, and began getting ready for school. I put on a form fitting, lime green, long-sleeve shirt and my black & white clown pants. I walked  out of my bedroom and went into the kitchen to eat a bagel. When I was halfway through it, Avy came trudging down the stairs to join me in feast. She grabbed a bowl and went to the cupboard to pull out all the cereal. I always keep it stocked for when she comes 'cause she eats it a lot. She made her usual concoction of multiple cereals and then plopped down in the chair next to me. Suddenly her phone vibrated which signaled she got a text. She picked up the phone and read the message. "We're gonna have new exchange students today!!" she said excitedly. I looked at her for a minute and shrugged my shoulders. New students mean more people. I strongly dislike people. So far I've been blesses. People don't approach me very often cause apparently I look like I'm going to murder someone. I'm a whole 114 lbs, how scary can I be? The only people who come up to talk to me are weirdos, which are my kinda people. After we finished eating, I cleaned up the kitchen while she got her teeth and hair done. I did up my teeth after she finished and just brushed my hair. I'm not big on making my hair look good, I just make sure it doesn't get staticky cause then it tries to eat me and everyone else around. I went onto the porch and grabbed my knee-high converses and then we ran out the door to my car. I turned the car on and then we were on our way to prison... just kidding, school. When we arrived I noticed most of the parking spaces in the front were already taken, so I parked in the back. We jumped out of the car, grabbed our bags, and headed to the front door of the school. "Fo!!" my friend Mace yelled as she tackled hugged me when I walked through the door. "What up" I said to her and then we both started laughing. "I'm soooo happy today is a Chorus day!" Mace yelled excitedly. "Singing makes me happy and then after we have study hall and you know what that means?" "Kpop!!!" Avy answered in excitement. During our studyhall we always listen to Korean pop music while hanging out in the auditorium. It's always funny cause with each new band we have different favorites who fall into similar categories. Mace likes the "y/adorable type" while most the guys Avy likes would make pretty girls. Whenever I choose a favorite from a band I find out later that he's a rapper. Avy and I joke with each other all the time about our preferences. I always tell her that at some point she's going to have to explain to her kids why Daddy is prettier than Mommy while she tells me I'm going to end up with a fast talker. The first bell rang signaling the beginning of first period. Avy, Mace, and I walked to the auditorium for chorus. We dropped our bags in the chairs and stood with everyone else in a half circle around the piano. "Quite down everyone! I have some news!" Mrs. Snow said as she walked over to the piano. "As I'm sure most of you know, we have the pleasure of receiving five new exchange students. And lucky us, they have decided to join choir. Come on in boys!" Mrs. Snow yelled to whoever was standing outside the doors. I turned around to see the new students and I felt my jaw drop in shock.