Chapter 9

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

~Later that day at Stephanie's party~

"Hey look the Kim's are here!!" Yunho shouted.

"Along with their body guard!!" All of the ladies shouted in unison. A couple of them squealed also.

The boys looked at the girls with annoyed faces. "Can you guys go drool over him outside??" Eunhyuk shouted.

"You guys....stop being so noisy." Lina said.

"Yeah we're going to be singing Happy Birthday to Stephanie soon!" Donghae exclaimed.

Everyone cheered.

A few moments later a huge cake was brought out of the kitchen. Everyone sung happy bithday to the birthday girl.

After eating cake and opening the gifts they all went outside to hang out in the pool.

Taeyeon walked outside but saw that Jaejoong was still standing by himself inside. She was about to walk towards him until someone pulled her by the wrist. She swung around and bumped into someone's chest. She looked up to find a smiling Jiyong.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she pulled her wrist away from him.

"I was going to give you a hug." He replied while looking at her confused. "Is something wrong? You seem a bit different."

Taeyeon shook her head. "No I'm fine." She walk towards him and gave him a nice warm hug. "I really missed you."

Her actions made Jiyong even more confused. "Are you sure you're alright?"

She hit his chest and nodded. "Yes I'm fine now would you just hug me?"

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her. He hugged her tightly and bent his head down a little bit. "I missed you too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aw I haven't seen them like that for a very long time now." Boa said while grinning from ear to ear.

"Are you spying on them?" Her younger sister Yuri asked.

Boa shook her head. "No...it's just you can't miss it."

"Sure..." Hyomin said.

Boa let out a small laugh and pushed Hyomin gently. "Shut up okay?"

Hyomin laughed. "Fine..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Taeyeon and Jiyong hugged, Jaejoong was watching. He felt his heart break into a million pieces. When him and Taeyeon were young he would always hug her with warmth. Sometimes he would hold her so tightly that she wouldn't be able to breathe. Now seeing Jiyong hug her like that made Jaejoong feel like someone has taken his place in his best friend's heart.

~Flash Back~

"Oppa! Let's play a game." A little girl shouted.

"Okay...what game do you want to play?" The older boy asked.

"Um..." The girl put her finger up to her chin. "Hide-and-go-seek!"

The boy nodded. "Alright..you go and hide...and I'll try to come and find you."

The girl nodded. "Count to twenty oppa!"

The boy closed his eyes and began counting. He heard the little girl giggle before her footsteps completely faded away.

"19...20! Ready or not here I come!" The boy shouted. He opened his eyes and saw that his friend was no where in sight. There were just other kids playing on the playground.

He walked towards the playground and searched all over for the girl but he couldn't find her.

~Ten minutes later~

It was getting late and he still haven't found her. "She can't be that far." He said to himself.

"Taengoo!!" He shouted. "Taengoo, where are you?" No one answered. "Taeyeon I give up! Come out!"

He kept searching for her while shouting out her name but no one answer his calls. He was starting to get worried. "Taeyeon come out..! I'm not playing anymore!"

"Jaejoong! It's time to come in for dinner!" A young lady shouted from a small building right next to the playground.

"Mrs. Choi I can't find Taeyeon!"

"What?!?" She shouted worriedly "What happened?"

"We were playing a game and now I can't find her." Jaejoong answered. He felt tears coming.

"Don't worry, we'll find her." Mrs. Choi reassured.

Jaejoong nodded.

"Taeyeon!" They both shouted. They called and called but no one answered.

"Taeyeon if you don't come out now then I will never speak to you again! You will not be my best friend anymore!!!!!!" Jaejoong shouted at the top of his lungs. He shouted so loud that Mrs. Choi had to cover her ears and take a few steps away from him.

"Jaejoong oppa I'm coming!!!" A high pitched voice yelled.

Taeyeon ran as fast as she could and ran up to hug Jaejoong from behind.

Jaejoong turned around and hugged her tightly. "Why didn't you answer me when I was calling your name?"

"I thought you were just playing..." Taeyeon mumbled.

"Taeyeon honey where were you?" Mrs. Choi asked.

Taeyeon pulled away from Jaejoong. "I was hiding behind those bushes." She answered while pointing at the green bushes on the side of the orphanage.

Mrs. Choi smiled in relief. "Taeyeon...please don't scare us like that again."

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. "Okay Mrs. Choi."

"Well come in and get washed up for dinner." Mrs. Choi said while walking towards the building.

Taeyeon was about to walk behind her until Jaejoong pulled her by the wrist.

"Ow!" She yelled.

He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. "Taengoo...we are never playing that game again."

Taeyeon giggled and wrapped her arms around the boy's waist. "Okay oppa."