Chapter 11

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

Sorry for the boring chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoobin and Heechul were standing on the other side of Taeyeon’s door. They were listening to what the other two were saying.

When they didn’t hear anymore talking they turned back around and walked down the stairs. “Do you think she could be dreaming about Jaejoong?” Heechul questioned.

“Why would she be dreaming about him?”

“Because she’s adopted remember?” Heechul stated.

Before answering, Yoobin punched Heechul on the arm. “I thought you promised mom and dad that you would never say that.”

“Yeah I did. And I don’t want to say that, she really is like a biological sister to me.” Heechul replied. “It’s just that, maybe she’s starting to get her memory back.”

Yoobin shook her head. “No, I mean why would she dream about Jaejoong? They just met.”

“We don’t know that.” Heechul admitted. “Maybe they were friends when they were younger.”

“But the way she described him was how he looks now.” Yoobin declared.

“You’re right.” Heechul agreed. “Just forget about it.”

Even though he said to forget about it, the two siblings started to think and question themselves about Jaejoong. What if he and Taeyeon did know each other when they were younger? What if Jaejoong just came to work for them just so he could try to take Taeyeon away?

Heechul thought about it hard and finally set his magazine down. “I’m going to talk to Jaejoong.”

Yoobin looked up at him. “But he’s in Taeyeon’s room.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong was now in his bedroom lying in his bed while looking up at the ceiling. He was thinking about what Taeyeon had told him. “Was she dreaming about us, about me?”

Soon he heard a knock on his door. “Come in.” He yelled out.

Heechul stormed in and slammed the door shut behind him. Jaejoong was confused at the sudden movement. He sat up on his bed and looked at Heechul. “Is something wrong?”

“You…..” Heechul said while pointing his finger at Jaejoong.

“Me what?” Jaejoong questioned while standing up from the bed.

“Did you know that Taeyeon is adopted?”

Jaejoong tensed up. “Yes.” He replied softly.

“Then tell me the truth.” Heechul demanded. “Were you and Taeyeon close before the car accident?”

Jaejoong didn’t want Heechul to think that he just came here to take Taeyeon away. Jaejoong knew that Taeyeon’s new family really loves her. “No…..”

Heechul let out a harsh laugh. “No? Oh come on, tell me the truth.”

Jaejoong let out a soft sigh. “Yes, we were. We were best friends, and then your parents wanted to adopt her and take her away from me. Then the car accident happened, that made everything worse.” He paused and studied Heechul’s face. Heechul was looking very shocked and confused. “She forgot about me. She forgot everything about me, about her best friend.”

“So did you just come here to take her away?”

Jaejoong shook his head. “No, I had no intention of taking her away. You guys gave her everything I couldn’t give her.”

“So then why are you here? To get close to Taeyeon?” Heechul questioned.

“Yes….” Jaejoong answered honestly.

“Are you trying to help her remember things?” Jaejoong slowly nodded. “What if her memory doesn’t come back?”

“Then I don’t know.” Jaejoong said while letting out a sigh.

Heechul sighed as well. “Well I expect you to keep Taeyeon safe.”

“Why me?”

“Who knows her more than a childhood friend?”

“Her family.” Jaejoong answered.

Heechul stayed silent for a few seconds. “Just promise me you’ll keep her safe.”

Jaejoong nodded. “I promise.”

Heechul stared at him for a while but soon he turned away and walked out of the room.