Chapter 4

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

“Appa, have you found anyone yet?” Taeyeon asked walking into the smaller living room.

She just woke up and was now talking to her father. He was in the smaller living room reading a book.

“You will find out this afternoon.” He answered not looking up from his book.

“Wait, the interviews are done?” She asked walking over to sit next to him on the brown leather couch.

“They will be at four o’clock.” He answered.

“When do they start?” She asked. She had so many questions that needed to be answered.

Her father set the book down and looked at her. “At one.”

Taeyeon nodded and got up. “Alright.” She walked out of the room and through the back door towards the pool. When she got there she saw her sister lying down on one of the seats.

Yoobin looked up from her magazine. “Hey, what’s up?”

Taeyeon sat down on the edge of the chair. “Nothing.”

Her sister looked at her worried. “Are you sure?” Taeyeon looked at her and nodded. “Alright then.” Yoobin looked back down at her magazine.

“Where did Heechul go?” Taeyeon asked out of no where.

“Who knows? He’s always out now a days.” Yoobin answered in an uncaring tone. It wasn’t a shock to Taeyeon that Yoobin sounded like she didn’t care. Taeyeon knew that Yoobin and Heechul often fought, but they still care for each other.

Taeyeon nodded and stood up. “Well, I’ll be going now.”

This made Yoobin look up at her. “To where?”

She shrugged. “Inside I guess.” Yoobin nodded understandingly and let her sister walk off into the house.

Jaejoong was in his apartment when he heard his phone ring. “Hello?”

“Hello, is this Han Jaejoong?” The lady on the other line asked.

“Yes, it is. Is there something wrong?” Jaejoong asked nervously.

“No, of course not. I’m calling to tell you that you got the job at the Kim’s place.” The lady answered.

Jaejoong stood up from the couch quickly. “Really?”

“Yes sir. You will have to come in today. Make sure you pack everything you need and want, you won’t be going back.” The lady said seriously. She sounded so serious that the sentence made Jaejoong scared for a moment.

“Alright, thank you so much.” Jaejoong said before hanging up the phone. “I can’t believe I got the job. Now I will be able to see her again.” He said to himself. A small smile had crawled up to his face while he started to pack up all of his things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong arrived at the Kim’s place at 7:30. He was so happy but nervous at the same time. He was happy because he couldn’t believe that he could finally be with Taeyeon again. He was also nervous, because of Mr. Kim. Jaejoong didn’t want to disappoint him.

He walked up to the front door and rung the doorbell. He was going to knock on it, but since it was a big house, he thought that it’d be better if he rung the doorbell.

He heard someone unlocking the door and backed up. He didn’t want to stand too close to the door. “Oh you must be Jaejoong.” A middle-aged woman said. To Jaejoong she looked like she was around thirty-ish.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes, ma’am.” She took the bags from his hands and brought them inside, with Jaejoong following behind.

“Is this it?” She asked setting the bags down on the ground gently.

He nodded. “Yes.” She looked at him. At first she didn’t believe him, but then his cold features told her that it was it.

“Alright then, um follow me to your room.” She said while picking his bags back up. But then Jaejoong quickly stopped her. He took his bags from her and motioned her to keep going. He didn’t want someone to carry his bags for him, especially if it’s a woman.

The nice lady walked up the stairs and to the right. There was this long hall that scared Jaejoong when he turned. She led him to the end of the hall. “Okay, this is your room.” His room was the very last one on the right.” She opened up the door and walked in. “You can get settled in here until Mr. Kim wants you.” She was about to leave until Jaejoong stopped her.

“Wait.” She stopped and turned to him. “I thought the workers live in that house across from this one.”

She nodded. “Yes, they do. But Mr. Kim wanted you to stay here.” She smiled “You’re pretty lucky. He doesn’t let any of his workers come and live in the same house as him, well except for the servants.”

He looked at her with confusion. “Then why me?”

She shrugged. “I guess it’s because he trusts you. You probably left a really good impression on him during your interview.” She smiled again and walked out.

When she walked out Jaejoong let out a breath. He walked over to his bed and set down his bags. He looked around the room and saw that everything was white. The walls, the bed, the carpet, the drawers and the shelf.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


An hour passed since Jaejoong had gotten there. He just finished unpacking and decided to sit on his bed. But then a knock startled him. “Come in.”

The door open and the same lady came in. “I see you finished.” Jaejoong nodded. “Mr. Kim would like to see you now.”

Jaejoong got up from his bed and walked towards her. “Um, what should I call you?”

“Oh, call me Mrs. Shim.” He nodded and walked out behind her.

When they got downstairs he saw Mr. Kim sitting on the living room couch waiting for him. He was sitting on the same exact couch Jaejoong was sitting on while he was waiting for his job interview.

Mr. Kim stood up and watched Jaejoong bow to him. He bowed back and walked closer to Jaejoong. “Did you settle down alright?”

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes sir.”

Mr. Kim smiled. “Well I would like for you to meet my family. I just have to call them, so if you could just wait a minute.” He took out his cell phone from his pocket and dialed down some numbers. “Kids, I would like for you to come home. I have something important to discuss with you.” He shut his phone and nodded to Mrs. Shim. She nodded back and walked out of the living room. “My kids were out so they won’t be back until later.” Jaejoong nodded.

Mrs. Shim walked back in with another lady. Jaejoong could tell that she was older than Mrs. Shim, but the way she carried herself made her look younger than she really was.

“Ah, this is my wife, Mrs. Kim.” Mr. Kim said to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong bowed to her. “Hello Mrs. Kim, I am Han Jaejoong.”

She smiled at him. “Hi, it’s nice to meet you. I’ve been looking forward to it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey guys!” Heechul yelled once he got to the gate.

“Hey Heechul.” His sisters said. Taeyeon and Yoobin ran into each other while they were walking back from their own places.

“You guys ready to meet the new guy?” Heechul asked.

His sister nodded. “Yeah.” They said in unison.

“Alright let’s go in.” Heechul said while turning the doorknob. They all walked in and walked into the living room.

Once they walked in their father stood up from his chair along with his wife and Jaejoong. “Ah, kids you’re here.” They all nodded and walked forward. Jaejoong looked nervous; he was biting his bottom lip and looking down at the floor. “This is Han Jaejoong, the one who will be watching you guys from now on.” Mr. Kim said while motioning to Jaejoong.

“Wait what? You say it like he’s our babysitter.” Yoobin said.

“He is just going to make sure that you guys aren’t doing anything bad.” Mrs. Kim said for her husband.

“What about you guys?” Heechul asked. He didn’t know why they would hire someone to watch them. Isn’t that what parents are for?

“We are going to be busy you know that.” Mr. Kim answered. “He’ll be kind of like your bodyguard.”

Yoobin and Heechul nodded. “Alright.”

“Well, we better get going.” Mr. Kim said to his wife.

“Where are you guys going?” Yoobin asked. She didn’t hear anything about them going somewhere.

“We have a business meeting.” Her parents answered. Mr. Kim turned to Jaejoong. “Make sure they don’t burn down the house.”

Jaejoong gave a nod. “Yes sir.” Mr. and Mrs. Kim smiled and walked out of the house.

The kids had turned back to Jaejoong. Heechul walked up to him and looked him from head to toe. “You don’t look too bad.” He looked up to him and smiled. “I guess you’re alright.”

Jaejoong looked at him curiously. “Uh….thanks.” Heechul kind of freaked him out with his girlyness. He nodded and walked up to his room.

Yoobin walked up to him and apologized for her older brother’s behavior. “Sorry about that, but congratz on getting the job!” She quickly turned around and walked up the stairs and into her bedroom.

Taeyeon was the only one left. This made Jaejoong nervous. He hadn’t seen her in so long that seeing her now made him nervous.

She smiled at him but didn’t walk up any closer than she already was. “So you got the job.”

He nodded. “Yeah.” Everything was awkward for him. He didn’t know what to do or what to say.

“Well I hope that my brother won’t cause you any trouble.” Taeyeon said. Heechul was always getting in trouble.

“Don’t worry, I can handle him.” Jaejoong said. His facial expression was cold, so what he said seemed scary.

Taeyeon nodded slowly. “Alright then, well I hope you settled in alright.” She smiled again and walked away.

Jaejoong let out a deep breath and hung his head down low. “I blew it, I blew it already.” He whispered to himself.