Chapter 10

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

Taeyeon, Jaejoong, Yoobin, and Heechul were now at the house. Taeyeon had lied to Jiyong that she had something very important to do so she had to leave. Jiyong understood and let her go.

Yoobin and Heechul went towards the kitchen to get something to snack on. Taeyeon ran up to her room and slammed her door shut. Jaejoong was the last one to walk into the house.

“I can’t believe she would do something like that?” Yoobin said while pouring some cereal into a bowl.

“Yeah, she never ran off with Jiyong before.” Heechul added while pouring orange juice into a glass cup.

“Are you guys going to go talk to her?” Jaejoong asked while entering the kitchen.

“Why should we? She wouldn’t listen anyway.” Heechul answered after taking a sip of his drink.

Jaejoong turned to look at Yoobin to see if she would go talk to Taeyeon, but she shook her head ‘no’. “Fine, I’ll talk to her.” He turned around on his heels and headed up the stairs. When he reached Taeyeon’s door he stood there thinking of what to say when he walks in.

A few seconds later he finally knocked on her door. “Go away!” Someone shouted rudely.

But Jaejoong didn’t give up, so he knocked again. “Taeyeon, can we talk?”

“NO!” She screamed out.

Jaejoong tried opening the door but the doorknob was locked. “Taeyeon open up.”

“Why?” She questioned.

Jaejoong stopped twisting the doorknob. “Because….I have to talk to you.”

“Well I don’t want to talk.” Taeyeon said cruelly.

“Then can you just listen?” Jaejoong begged. When he didn’t hear an answer from Taeyeon he continued talking. “I’m sorry, but your siblings said that you couldn’t go out with Jiyong like that. I just wanted to make sure that you would do the right thing.” He paused for a while before continuing. “My job is to make sure that you’re safe, and if your parents say that you can go with Jiyong then…..I’ll let you go.”

Soon the door opened up and there stood tiny Taeyeon. Her eyes were filled with anger. “I don’t need your approval to go out with my boyfriend.”

“I’m not saying that you need my approval. I’m saying that I can’t disobey your parents.” Jaejoong shot back.

Taeyeon gave him a fiery glare. “Why can’t you just leave me alone? Just because you’re my “bodyguard” doesn’t mean that you can boss me around.”

“What happened to you?” Jaejoong asked shaking his head at her. Taeyeon didn’t say anything because she didn’t understand his question. “When I first got this job you were nice and caring, what happened to that girl?”

Taeyeon opened to speak but nothing came out. So she tried again, but still…..nothing came out.

Jaejoong continued to stand in front of her. He stood there waiting for her answer. “Answer me.”

Taeyeon in a deep breath. “I…..” She soon hung her head. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking I just….I’m sorry.” She repeated again.

“What made you want to go to the carnival with him?” Jaejoong asked while looking down at her.

She shrugged and looked up at him. “I’ve never been to a carnival alone with him before.”

“So you wanted to see how it was like?”

Taeyeon nodded. “Yeah…..”

“Taeyeon, can I ask you something?” Jaejoong asked while looking down at her. She raised an eyebrow and slowly nodded. “Do you actually like Jiyong?”

Taeyeon stayed silent for a few moments before nodding her head. “Be honest with me.” Jaejoong demanded.

Taeyeon started to hesitate. She gulped before answering truthfully. “I really do like him, just not to the point of marrying him.”

Jaejoong turned to look away. “Then why are you dating him?”

Taeyeon looked around to see if anyone was coming. She saw no one and pulled Jaejoong into her room by his shirt. She quickly closed the door behind them and looked up to find a confused Jaejoong. “I’m dating him because of our parents. You know for publicity?”

“And you have to marry him?” Jaejoong asked.

Taeyeon sadly nodded. “I think that if we had more time together then maybe I would consider marrying him.”

Jaejoong let out a soft breath and walked over to her bed. “You actually would marry him?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe.” She walked over to him and sat down on her bed with her legs crossed. She patted the spot next to her telling him to sit down.

He obeyed and sat down on the bed. “Before you started dating him, did you ever like anyone?”

It took a moment for Taeyeon to respond back. “Yeah, but you’d think that it’s silly.” She answered with a little laugh.

“No I wouldn’t.” Jaejoong replied.

She looked up at him and then back down. She started to play with her fingers before speaking. “Um….I think I like this guy in my dreams.”

Jaejoong was taken aback. “What?”

“I told you….” Taeyeon whispered while she continued to fiddle with her fingers.

 “Tell me about this guy in your dreams.”

Taeyeon bit her lip feeling a bit awkward. “Did you want me to describe him?”

“Sure…..”

“Well….he’s kind of blurred out, I only see a little bit here and there.” Taeyeon said as she let out a sigh. “But he’s pretty tall compared to me; his skin is very light almost like a vampire’s, very flawless looking also. His hair looks chestnut brown – Kind of like yours.” She said as she looked up at Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s hand flew up to his head. “His eyes are dark brown, very cold looking. And his lips…..” Taeyeon said as she whispered the last part.

“What about his lips?” Jaejoong asked while looking down at Taeyeon.

“Um….” Taeyeon said awkwardly. “They’re very….pink. They’re kind of pouty yet plump?” She said while blushing.

“What’s his name?”

Taeyeon’s smile faded away. “I don’t know. I don’t even know if he’s real.”

“Why do you dream of him?”

“Well he always plays a very important part in my dreams. I would dream about me being in a difficult situation and he would come and rescue me. Sometimes I even dream about us playing hide-and-go-seek and when he wouldn’t be able to find me he would be all worried.” She said as she let out a slight laugh. But soon it faded away and she looked up at Jaejoong. “But now that I think of it, he looks kind of like you.”