Chapter 3

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss
Today is the day when Mr. Kim will be doing the job interviews. Jaejoong had made an appointment and came in that day. He was waiting in the big white living room down the hall from Mr. Kim’s office. Jaejoong was sitting on the white couch waiting for his turn, and he felt kind of awkward since he was the last one there.

He heard footsteps coming and quickly stood up thinking that it was his turn to go and see Mr. Kim. But he was wrong.

A petite girl with long wavy brown hair walked into the living room but stopped when she saw Jaejoong standing there. “Oh, hello.” She said while she bowed. She was wearing some skinny jeans with a white t-shirt that had different color hearts on it.

Jaejoong bowed back and stared at her. He was shocked at her appearance. She’s as pretty as she was when we were young. He thought to himself. Taeyeon was petite and had long wavy brown hair that went passed her shoulders and down to her elbows. She was very light skinned at that made her look young and innocent. She looked so pure that Jaejoong saw the old Taeyeon again. The one that he was best friends with.

Taeyeon smiled and walked closer to him, but she stopped when she was two yards away. “Are you here for the job interview?” She asked. Jaejoong slowly nodded. “Well my dad is almost done, so you’ll be up soon.” Jaejoong slowly nodded again. He didn’t know what to say. What should he say to someone who forgot about him? “I hope I didn’t get you nervous or anything.” Taeyeon quickly said when Jaejoong didn’t say anything.

He quickly shook his head and opened his mouth. “Oh, no you didn’t.” He was surprised that something actually came out of his mouth.

Taeyeon smiled. “Good, I wish you luck.” She said cheerfully. She was nice to everyone and that’s what made everyone like her.

Hearing that she wished him luck, Jaejoong smiled. “Thanks.”

Taeyeon walked out of the living room and started to walk up the stairs.

When Jaejoong was sure that she was upstairs he let out a deep breath and sat back down on the couch. Suddenly one of the Kim’s workers came in. “Mr. Han, it’s time.” Jaejoong stood back up and followed the lady into Mr. Kim’s office. When Jaejoong stepped in, the lady walked outside and closed the doors.

“So you are Han Jaejoong?” Mr. Kim asked holding a piece of paper in his hands. It was Jaejoong’s application.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes sir.”

Mr. Kim nodded and wrote something down on the application. This made Jaejoong nervous. “It says here that your parents died when you were eight years old in a plane crash.” Mr. Kim said reading it off of the paper in his hands.

Jaejoong nodded again. “Yes sir.” Mr. Kim looked up and saw Jaejoong staring back at him.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I shouldn’t have read that aloud.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “No sir, it’s fine. One thing I’ve learned about not having parents is that I became independent and strong.”

Mr. Kim was surprised at Jaejoong’s words. “Very well then. Now, tell me why you should get this job.”

“I should get this job because I will do what I am supposed to do. I will not use you are your family to get the things I need. I will not steal from you or anything in that matter. I will try my best in everything I do. I will make sure that I do my job right and that I do not mess up and humiliate you. I will try not to disappoint you or your family.” Jaejoong answered.

Mr. Kim was once again impressed by Jaejoong’s words. “Well, you are all done here. You will get a call if you are the one chosen. You may leave.” Jaejoong bowed and walked out of Mr. Kim’s office and closed the double glass doors behind him.

“So how do you think you did?” The lady who escorted Jaejoong asked.

He shrugged. “I think I did alright.” He began walking towards the front door with the lady following behind.

“Did you leave a good impression on him?” She asked running to keep up with Jaejoong,

“I’m not sure. You’ll have to ask him.” Jaejoong turned the doorknob and walked outside.

He let out a deep breath before he walked out of the driveway and the gate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you guys think that appa found someone?” Yoobin asked.

Heechul, Yoobin, and Taeyeon were downstairs in the kitchen eating sandwiches that they had made.

Heechul shrugged and continued scarfing down his sandwich. Yoobin stared at him in disgust. “I can’t believe we’re related.”

Heechul swallowed and pointed his finger at her. “Yah! Don’t be acting like you’re the angel in this family.” Yoobin rolled her eyes while Taeyeon giggled. Heechul finished his sandwich and put his plate in the sink. He washed his hands and turned back to his younger sisters. “Well I’m leaving now.”

“To where?” Yoobin asked watching him get his jacket off of the chair.

“I’m going to hang out with Yoochun, Yunho, and Boa.” He answered while putting his black jacket on.

Yoobin nodded. “Okay, well have fun!”

“You can count on that.” Heechul said. Before he walked out of the kitchen he gave them a wink.

“Ew!!” Yoobin shouted. Taeyeon just laughed at her brother’s weirdness. “So what are you going to do today?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I don’t know, I’ll probably go and hang out with Yuri and them.” Yoobin nodded understandingly. “What are you going to do?”

Yoobin shrugged also. “I have no idea. I’m kind of free today.”

Taeyeon’s eyebrows rose. “Really?”

Yoobin nodded. “Why is that so surprising?” She didn’t know why her younger sister was shocked.

“Because you don’t have any plans for today.” Taeyeon answered.

Her sister laughed and got off of the stool. “I guess I’ll be seeing you later.” Taeyeon nodded and walked to the front door. She turned back around and smiled at her sister.

“See ya.” She turned the doorknob and walked out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Taeyeon!” Jiyong yelled. Taeyeon was walking over to the Kwon’s house to hang out with some of her friends.

The Kwon’s include Boa Kwon the oldest of the three, Kwon Jiyong, and Kwon Yuri. Boa was 23 years old and she was also petite like Taeyeon. Some people would mistake them as sisters. Then there is Jiyong. He was two years older than Taeyeon and also her boyfriend. He disliked some people, and they disliked him back. He could be a jerk, but also a very sweet guy. Then there is the youngest, Kwon Yuri. She was the same age as Taeyeon and also her best friend. They met each other when they were both ten years old. Taeyeon could trust Yuri and Yuri could trust Taeyeon. And since her best friend was dating someone, she was too. His name is Park Taecyeon; he was a cousin of the Park’s. Sometimes Yuri would always joke around and say “Your name reminds me too much of Taeyeon’s, let’s break up.” Whenever she’d say this, Taecyeon would get so upset that he would call himself by a random name like Dave.

“Oh hey Jiyong.” Taeyeon said while smiling, He wasn’t at the Lee’s party, and she really missed him.

“Where are you headed?” He asked while walking closer to her trapping her against the wall. He started to lean in but got stopped by Taeyeon’s hand.

“Not now.” She said. He brought her hand down from his mouth and pouted.

“But we’re alone.” He whined. Taeyeon gave him a look. Jiyong looked around and saw some of his family’s workers and gave Taeyeon a smile. “I guess we’re not.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “No we aren’t.”

Jiyong smirked. “But we can be.” Taeyeon shook her head again and pushed him off of her. “Are you going to hang out with Yuri?”

Taeyeon nodded and looked up at him. “You should go and hang out with Tae Yang.”

Jiyong looked at her suspiciously. “Why do you want me to go so bad?”

“I don’t. I’m just saying that maybe you would like to hang out with your guy friends, like how I would like to hang out with my girl friends.” Taeyeon said quickly. She didn’t want Jiyong to go, but since she was here for his sister, she thought that he should go and hang out with his friends.

Jiyong thought about it and sighed. “Fine, I’ll see you later.” He gave a wink and walked off.

Taeyeon giggled and shook her head. She walked down the hall and into Yuri’s room.

“Taeyeon!” The girls yelled once she walked through the door.

“Hey girls!” Taeyeon yelled back. In Yuri’s room, there were six girls including her. It was her, Kwon Yuri, Sunny Lee, CL Lee, Park Soyeon, and Jessica Jung.

Park Soyeon is a cousin of the parks, she is the only child and she is the oldest out of the six there. She is 21 years old. Then there is Jessica Jung. She is the second oldest in the Jung family. She has and older brother named Jung Yunho. He is 23 years old and is a close friend of Taeyeon’s. Last there is the youngest, her name is Krystal Jung. She is 16 years old and has her own group of friends. Krystal and Jessica were both born and raised in America, that is why they have American names.

“So is your dad done with job interviews?” Yuri asked once Taeyeon sat down on the bed next to CL.

Everyone looked at her. She shook her head. “No.” She started. “Well he’s done for today, but he still has tomorrow.”

Everyone nodded understandingly. “Did you talk to any of the people who went for the interview?” Sunny asked.

Taeyeon looked up and thought about it for a moment. She looked back at them and nodded. “Yeah, there was this one guy. We didn’t talk much though.”

Yuri hit Soyeon and Soyeon squealed. “Really? Was he cute?”

CL nodded. “Yeah was he?”

Taeyeon pursed her lips and shrugged. “He was alright I guess. He has that cold, mysterious look to him you know?”

Yuri shook her head no. “No, we don’t.”

“Because we didn’t see him in person like you did!” Sunny finished off. This made every girl laugh except for Jessica. All she did was smile. Jessica wasn’t a very talkative person. She was like Sandara who was off in their own world.

“Okay enough talking about this.” Taeyeon said motioning to stop. “I have a boyfriend.”

Yuri looked at her. “So?”

“He’s your brother!” Taeyeon, Sunny, CL, and Soyeon shouted in unison.

Yuri’s eyes widened. “Oops, I forgot.”

“Jessica why are you so quiet?” Sunny asked out of no where.

All of the girls nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you haven’t said anything these past couple of minutes.” CL added.

Jessica shook her head. “Oh, I’m just tired.” Taeyeon nodded slowly and smiled. Jessica gave a small smile back and looked away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay you guys! What vest should I wear?” Heechul asked walking into Yoobin’s room with a vest in both hands.

Yoobin cocked an eyebrow. “Why?”

“I’m going to a party.” He answered walking over to Yoobin’s full body length mirror.

“What party oppa?” Taeyeon asked. She was lying down on her stomach on Yoobin’s bed. She found a magazine and started to flip through the pages.

“The one at the Park’s. Yoochun’s throwing it.” He answered. “So which one should I wear?” Taeyeon looked up from the magazine and Yoobin turned around from the computer screen. Heechul turned around and looked at them. “The gray vest, or the black vest?” He held both of them up to his chest.

“Well what suit are you wearing?” Yoobin asked looking at the vests.

“The white one.” He answered.

“Oh definitely the silver one.” Yoobin said while turning back to her computer.

Heechul turned to Taeyeon. “Which one?”

Taeyeon sat up and looked at each one of them carefully. Then she came to her decision and pointed to the silver one. “That one.”

Heechul smiled. “Thanks Tae, love you!” He started to walk out until something hit the back of his head.

“What about me? I also said the silver one.” Yoobin yelled. She threw one of those squishy balls at the back of Heechul’s head.

“Ow!” Heechul yelled. He turned back around and glared at Yoobin. “Since you did that, I don’t love you!”

Yoobin’s mouth opened and she glared at him. “Fine, I hate you too!” Heechul stormed out of her room without saying anything else.

“Wow.” Taeyeon laughed.

Yoobin looked at her. “What?”

Taeyeon shook her head and started to flip through the magazine again. “Nothing.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please leave comments! :D