Chapter 14

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

The next day Taeyeon’s parents were coming home. Mrs. Kim had called the kids and told them that they were having a special party with tons of guests coming over. It isn’t going to be a party like what Heechul, Yoobin, and Taeyeon go to. The guests that are coming are most likely going to be older.

It is a formal party where people dress in fancy clothing and the food is fancy also. There’s going to be champagne and wine for the drinks unlike at the parties the kids throw which serve punch.

Mrs. Kim had told the servants to prepare the meals and the drinks. She told the maids to clean the house and make it spotless. She then told the kids to help clean the house and prepare the food.

Heechul was quite upset and bummed about having to help clean up around the house. He had already made plans with Yunho, Yoochun, and Boa but now he has to cancel. And he hates having to cancel plans.

“Oppa…” Taeyeon said as she was dusting of the shelf in the library room.

“What?” Heechul asked in a stingy way. He did not like having to clean the library which is full of boring books.

Taeyeon looked at him and then continued dusting the shelf. “Why are you so grouchy?”

“Because I had to cancel my plans. And you know I hate having to cancel them.” Heechul answered.

Taeyeon nodded because she completely understood what he meant. “I’m sorry…”

“Whatever…” Heechul said as he continued fixing the books on the shelf.

Taeyeon giggled at her older brother. Soon the both of them heard a knock at the door. They turned around and saw Jaejoong standing there. Unlike other days where he is dressed formally today he is dressed in blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. “I finished cleaning the kitchen.” He said as he stood there with a broom in his hands.

Heechul smiled brightly and walked over to him. “Can you fix the books on the shelves?”

Jaejoong looked at the books and saw that they were all crooked and some were even upside down. “Did you do that?”

Heechul’s smiled faded away. “No…”

Jaejoong slowly nodded and handed Heechul the broom. “I’ll do your job for you, but you have to take the broom back to the kitchen.”

Heechul happily agreed and took the broom. He walked out of the library room and into the kitchen.

Jaejoong started to walk towards the shelf. He didn’t bother turning to Taeyeon.

“You know you don’t have to do this right?” She said breaking the silence between them.

He turned to her and noticed that she had her head tilted to her right. She had on a white shirt that had Minnie Mouse on it, and she was wearing jean shorts. She looked so cute that Jaejoong just wanted to go up to her and hug her.

“I know…” He replied with a grin. “I want to though.”

Taeyeon nodded and continued on with her work. Jaejoong did the same, but after a few minutes he felt someone come up to him and hug him from behind. He figured that it would be Taeyeon.

“We won’t be able to be together tonight.” She said gloomily.

She felt Jaejoong heave a sigh. “I know…”

“What are we going to do?” She asked as she rested her head against his back.

“I don’t know…” Jaejoong replied in the same gloomy tone.

Taeyeon pulled away from him and made him turn around to face her. “Should we tell my parents?”

“About us?” Jaejoong asked as he looked down at her. She nodded in return. “Do you want to?”

“I think it’d be easier for us.” She replied.

Jaejoong nodded in agreement. “But maybe we should just wait a little longer. What if they don’t like it?”

Taeyeon sadly looked down. “But if we don’t then we will never be able to just be together without them getting suspicious.”

In his head Jaejoong agreed with Taeyeon, but at the same time he didn’t want Mr. and Mrs. Kim to fire him.

Taeyeon looked up at him and just stared at him for a few seconds. “Why are you so afraid of them?” She asked quietly.

It took Jaejoong a while before answering her question. “I just don’t want them to split us apart that’s all.”

Taeyeon nodded understandingly. “When the time is right will you tell them?”

He nodded slowly. “Of course.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night when Mr. and Mrs. Kim got home they all got ready for the party. Around 8:00 the guests started to come over.

They all had a wonderful time and there were a couple of dances, but Taeyeon and Jaejoong could never have a dance with each other.

Once a very spoiled young man came and asked Taeyeon to dance. She really didn’t want to dance but she knew she had to because making her parents look bad is a complete no no.

Jaejoong on the other hand was admired by the ladies at the party. Some asked him to dance, others flirted with him. Taeyeon felt jealousy burning inside of her every time he would dance with a woman or even if he was seen talking to one.

Heechul and Yoobin sensed the jealousy but they couldn’t do anything no matter how much they wanted to help. But every once in a while Jaejoong and Taeyeon would tell Yoobin and Heechul to send a message to one another. Heechul is the messenger for Jaejoong while Yoobin is the messenger for Taeyeon.

The messages were very plain. Nothing exciting like what Heechul wanted. Most of the messages basically said “Are you having fun?”, “How is your night?”, “Stop talking to that girl.”, “Don’t dance with them!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the night finally came to an end the guests all started to leave. After the house was cleared of all the party guests the Kim’s quickly washed up and headed to bed. They were all worn out from all of the dancing and talking about boring subjects to people they barely knew. Even the parents didn’t know who some of the guests were.

After about an hour Mr. and Mrs. Kim were sleeping. Jaejoong then quietly snuck into Taeyeon’s room. He found her still in her bathroom so he waited for her patiently.

She soon came out and found him standing by her dresser with his dress suit still on. Taeyeon looked at him weirdly before speaking. “Why are you still in your suit?”

Jaejoong grinned at her. “Because I wanted to look nice for the last dance I saved for you.”

Taeyeon blushed with a smile glued onto her face. “But I already got into my pajamas.”

Jaejoong smiled as he headed towards her stereo. “But you still look beautiful.” He pressed the play button and a beautiful soothing melody was played.

“How did you get this? It’s not even my CD.” Taeyeon said with a surprised face.

Jaejoong pursed his lips out and started to walk towards her. “I found it.” He then gently placed his hands on her waist. Taeyeon smiled up at him and brought her hands up to his neck. They danced freely to the music. The both of them looked so elegant and graceful as they danced in Taeyeon’s room.