Prologue

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss
"Taengoo!" Little ten year old Jaejoong yelled while running after seven year old Taeyeon. She didn't look back and kept running forward. She was out of breath, but she didn’t stop. “Taengoo!” Jaejoong yelled once more. Taeyeon had stopped and turned around. Jaejoong finally caught up with her. He bent down and put his hands on his knees, he was trying to catch his breath. When he caught it, he stood up straight and looked at Taeyeon who had tears rolling down her cheeks. “Taengoo what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He asked bringing his hands up to her face to wipe her tears away.

“Oppa, I’m-I’m leaving the orphanage.” Taeyeon said in between sobs.

Jaejoong didn’t understand. “What do you mean you’re leaving?”

Taeyeon closed her eyes. “I’m getting adopted.” Jaejoong’s eyes grew big. He couldn’t believe what Taeyeon just said. “I’m leaving this afternoon.” Taeyeon said opening her eyes to find Jaejoong no where in sight. “Oppa?” She yelled turning around to see if Jaejoong was there. She saw him running away and ran after him. “Jaejoongie!!!” She yelled.

Jaejoong heard her and ran faster until he couldn’t run any longer. He stopped in front of the orphanage and cried hard. Tears were rolling down his cheeks fast. He brought his hands up to his face and wiped them away, but they kept coming. “No, no this can’t happen.” He repeated until someone tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around and saw little Taengoo standing there staring at him.

“Oppa, don’t cry.” She whispered. She brought her hands up to his face and helped wipe away his tears. His eyes were all red and puffy. This made Taeyeon break down and cry.

“Taengoo……” Jaejoong whispered.

“I don’t want to go.” She said.

Jaejoong grabbed her head gently and pulled her into a hug. “I don’t want you to go either.”

They were both crying until someone had called Taeyeon’s name. “Taeyeon! You have to go now!!!”

Jaejoong sniffed and tried to pull away from Taeyeon. “What? No, I don’t want to!” Taeyeon yelled clinging onto Jaejoong’s shirt not wanting to let go.

“Taengoo, you have to go now.” Jaejoong said trying to get her off of him.

“No, oppa you said you didn’t want me to go.” Taeyeon said trying her best to hold onto his shirt.

“But……you……have……to.” Jaejoong said trying his hardest to get her off. Even though she was small she could hold onto something so tightly.

“No!” Taeyeon yelled running into hug him again.

“Taeyeon!” Jaejoong yelled once she crashed into him.

“I’m not letting you go oppa.” Taeyeon cried. Jaejoong gave up and stood there with his hands on her back.

“Taeyeon.” The person who works at the orphanage said. She walked up to them and pulled Taeyeon away gently. “Honey, it’s time for you to go.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “No, I don’t want to go Mrs. Choi.”

Mrs. Choi sighed and got on her knees in front of Taeyeon. “But don’t you want to have a nice family?”

“I have one at the orphanage.” Taeyeon answered looking down at the ground. Jaejoong turned away not wanting to hear any of this. He couldn’t watch Taeyeon leave.

Mrs. Choi smiled. “I know sweetie and we won’t forget you. But this nice family wants you to be a part of their family, isn’t that nice?”

“Yes, it’s nice.” Taeyeon looked up, “…But I don’t want to be a part of their family.”

Mrs. Choi sighed and stood up. “Taeyeon, you have to go. I’m sorry.”

Taeyeon got mad and ran across the street. But she wasn’t watching if there were any cars coming. A honk came and Taeyeon looked up. She saw two bright lights coming towards her.

“Taeyeon!!” Mrs. Choi yelled.

Jaejoong turned around and saw a frozen Taeyeon on the streets. “Taengoo move!!!!!” He started to run towards her but it was too late. “Taengoo!!!” He reached her and fell to his knees. “Taengoo wake up! Wake up!” He cried over and over again, but she wouldn’t.

He heard sirens and people yelling. Some people got out of the ambulance and ran over to Jaejoong and Taeyeon. The picked Taeyeon up from Jaejoong’s arms and brought her to the ambulance.

“Taengoo…” He yelled running after them until Mrs. Choi stopped him. “Let go! Let go of me!”

“Jaejoong, let them take her to the hospital. She needs help.” Mrs. Choi said holding him back.

“I need to go with her! I need to be with her!!!” Jaejoong yelled trying to break free from Mrs. Choi’s grip.

The ambulance doors closed and drove off. “Taeyeon!!!!!!!” Jaejoong yelled giving up on trying to break free from Mrs. Choi. He watched as the ambulance got smaller and smaller. “Taengoo…….” He whispered when he couldn’t see the ambulance any more.

Mrs. Choi had tears running down her face. She knew how close Taeyeon and Jaejoong were and it hurt her to see them like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Doctor how is she?” Mr. Kim asked. Mr. Kim was the man who was going to adopt Taeyeon along with his wife.

“Well, she’s fine. It’s just…..she has memory loss.”

“What?” Mrs. Choi asked. “She lost her memory?”

“Yes, but this might be a good thing.” The doctor said.

“How?” Mrs. Choi asked thinking how this could ever be a good thing.

“Well, she is an orphan. She won’t remember how her parents died or anything.” He turned to the Kim’s. “So, you guys can tell her that you guys are actually her biological parents.”

“But what if she finds out?” Mrs. Choi asked. She doesn’t think that this would be a good idea.

“Let’s not think about the negative things.” The doctor said. Mrs. Choir was frustrated. She couldn’t believe that a doctor would say that getting memory loss would be good. Even if they were an orphan. Taeyeon had tons of friends at the orphanage and everyone cared for her.

“Fine, if you guys want to say that you guys are her biological parents then okay. It’s your choice anyway.” Mrs. Choi said.

The Kim’s nodded and walked into Taeyeon’s room.

“Who are you?” Taeyeon asked lying down on her bed.

“We’re your parents’ sweetie.” Mrs. Kim said having a light smile on her face. She walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge.

“Really?” Taeyeon asked. Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim nodded. “Then when can I get out of here umma?”

Mrs. Kim smiled. She was happy to hear Taeyeon call her umma. “Tomorrow sweetie.” Taeyeon smiled and hugged Mrs. Kim.

Mrs. Choi also had a smile on her face. She was happy to see Taeyeon smiling, but she was also sad to find out that Taeyeon doesn’t remember a thing. How would Jaejoong react to this? She asked herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What? No!!” Jaejoong yelled. “She can’t, she has to remember me.”

Mrs. Choi’s eyes began to get teary. “I’m sorry, but she doesn’t remember anything.”

Jaejoong shook his head not letting himself believe her. “No, she has to remember me.”

Mrs. Choi shook her head. “But she doesn’t honey, we can’t do anything.”

Jaejoong kept shaking his head. “No, no I will not believe it!!” He ran out of the orphanage and towards the hospital Taeyeon was at.

“Jaejoong!” Mrs. Choi yelled out after him, but he didn’t turn back.

When Jaejoong reached the hospital he was out of breath, he stopped in front of the water fountain and took a sip. When he was done he ran to the front desk.

“What room is Kim Taeyeon in?” He asked.

The worker looked at him confused. She didn’t know why a kid was looking for someone in the hospital, usually it’s an adult. “Um, she’s in room 123.” Jaejoong thanked her and ran to room 123.

When he reached the room he turned the doorknob and walked in. He saw Taeyeon lying on the bed and walked over to her.

“Do I know you?” Taeyeon asked.

Jaejoong stopped and stared at her. “Yes, yes it’s me Han Jaejoong.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “I don’t know a Han Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong ran to her. “Yes you do. I’m your best friend!!!” Jaejoong yelled startling Taeyeon,

Mr. and Mrs. Kim walked in and saw Jaejoong scaring Taeyeon. “Son what are you doing here?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Taeyeon it’s me Jaejoong. You have to remember me!” Jaejoong yelled ignoring Mr. Kim’s question.

Mr. Kim ran to him and took him by the arms. “She doesn’t know you. Now leave, you’re scaring her.” He said.

“Taeyeon please.” He begged, but all she did was shake her head,

“I’m sorry, I don’t know you.”

Tears came rushing down Jaejoong’s cheeks. Mr. Kim pulled Jaejoong away from the bed and into the hall.

“Taeyeon please! It’s me Jaejoong your best friend!! Taeyeon please remember me! It’s me Jaejoong! Please!!!” Jaejoong kept begging.

Mr. Kim closed the door and looked at Jaejoong straight in the eyes. “Listen, she doesn’t remember you, we can’t do anything about it. Please…….leave.” Mr. Kim said.

Jaejoong shook his head. “But she has to. We’re best friends.”

“I’m sorry son.” Mr. Kim whispered and walked back inside Taeyeon’s room.

Jaejoong fell on his knees and cried. “Taengoo, it’s me Jaejoong.” He whispered. “Why don’t you remember me? Please………..remember me.” He begged. He couldn’t do anything but beg.

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked it.
Please leave comments. They make me happy.