Chapter 12

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

Taeyeon was in her room listening to music so she couldn’t hear anything outside of her room. She kept thinking of how Jaejoong and the guy of her dreams looked so alike, she was starting to get freaked out.

She got up from her bed and started to pace around her room. Once in a while she would bring her hand up to her chin and her pose would look like she was thinking. Sometimes she would bite her nails.

After a few moments of all of that Taeyeon couldn’t take it anymore. She walked out of her room and walked hurriedly towards Jaejoong’s door. She knocked on it several times before Jaejoong opened the door half-. Her eyes widened but she didn’t look away, she couldn’t.

“I’m sorry, I should’ve put a shirt on before I answered.” Jaejoong apologized as his flushed red.

Taeyeon shook her head as her eyes slowly ran over his upper body. His muscles popped out at her and she wished that Jiyong had this kind of body.

Jaejoong was too nervous and embarrass to invite her in or walk away. He was frozen.

Just when he was about to speak he felt softness on his lips. He noticed it was Taeyeon’s lips. She had kissed him. Her arms were near his chest.

 It took a moment for Jaejoong to respond to the kiss. And when he did, Taeyeon had butterflies in her stomach. Something she had never felt when she and Jiyong kissed.

Jaejoong slowly brought his hands up and cupped her face as he deepened the kiss. Her hands clutched onto his waist.

Jaejoong couldn’t believe that he was lip locking with his childhood friend. He never thought of her as more than a friend, but now he started to think of it.

After a few moments when Taeyeon couldn’t breathe any longer she pulled away. Jaejoong avoided her eye contact because he felt too embarrassed.

Finally after a long moment of silence Taeyeon broke it. “So now after we kissed, do you have any feelings for me?” She looked up at him with hope in her eyes.

He looked back down at her and noticed the look on her face. She was serious. “I-I’m not sure.”

Taeyeon’s expression had changed from a hopeful look to a disappointed one. “You’re not sure?” She asked as she felt tears forming.

“I’m sorry….” Jaejoong apologized when he saw how hurt and disappointed she was.

She shook her head as if she couldn’t believe her ears. “But the way you-the way we kissed-“ She couldn’t complete her sentence because she started to choke on the words.

Jaejoong knew that tears were going to come soon so he slowly took a step forward and embraced her. Taeyeon didn’t want him to touch her so she fought with him. She threw her arms up and started to punch his chest, but that didn’t hurt him. What hurt him were her tears. But no matter how hard she tried to break free from his hold he wouldn’t budge. “Let me go, don’t touch me.”

Jaejoong didn’t dare to say anything to her until she calmed down. And when she did he bent down and whispered something into her ear. “I do like you Taeyeon, I really do.” And as he finished he gently placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Taeyeon didn’t know whether to believe him or not. “Are you lying to me?”

“No….” Jaejoong answered. “I didn’t give you an exact answer at first because a lot of questions were racing through my mind and I didn’t quite know yet. But now I do…..” Jaejoong finished off.

He got down to her eye level and placed his hands on her cheeks. He brushed away her tears with his thumb. “It hurts me to see you cry, especially if it’s me who caused you to cry.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ha! Who knew that childhood friends could forget about each other and then cross each other’s paths again and become lovers?” Heechul asked as he spied on the two from his bedroom which was only a few doors away.

“Hey, you don’t know if they’re even lovers yet.” Yoobin stated as she too spied on the other two.

“Oh come on, did you not see the way they kissed? It was so romantic!” Heechul squealed.

“You idiot, of course I saw. But I’m afraid, what if mom and dad finds out about the two of them. Jaejoong would get fired.” Yoobin said as she started to tremble in fear. “You know how our parents don’t like any of the employees getting near us.”

“Yes, but I think what Jaejoong and Taeyeon have is something real, something true and pure.” Heechul replied.

Yoobin looked at her brother in amazement. “Whoa, deep much?” She then shook her head. “Anyway, I want to support them, especially Taeyeon, but if our parents find out…. Jaejoong is going to get fired. And then Taeyeon’s fragile heart will break into many pieces.”

Heechul chuckled at her idiotic statement. “They’ll be fine. We just have to give them our support. Jaejoong deserves her and she deserves him.”

Yoobin nodded in agreement. “Yeah, Jaejoong is very nice. He’s a great person, I don’t want to see him leave.”

“Then don’t tell anyone!” Heechul commanded.

“Okay, but you better not tell either. We’re doing this for Taeyeon.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong and Taeyeon were now lying down on his bed. His hand was on her waist as she cuddled up with him. Jaejoong let her head rest on his shoulder. “What are you going to do about Jiyong?”

Taeyeon had totally forgot about him. “Um, I’ll break up with him.”

“Are you sure? Wouldn’t people get suspicious?” Jaejoong questioned.

“I don’t care.” Taeyeon said bluntly. “I just don’t feel anything between us, like the way I feel something very special between me and you.”

Jaejoong nodded in agreement. “You ARE something very special.”