Chapter 2

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss
~13 years later~

Jaejoong is now walking down the streets of the town. He saw a whole bunch of people standing in front of a newspaper stand and decided to go and check it out.

“Excuse me, what’s everyone doing here?” He asked a lady standing around trying to get to the front.

She stopped her actions and turned to him. “Oh, well the Kim’s are hiring some people to work for them.”

“The Kim’s?” He asked. He didn’t know who they were.

The lady nodded and turned to the newspaper stand. “Excuse me, can I get a newspaper?” She asked one of the owners. They handed her a newspaper and she handed it to Jaejoong, “Here, it talks about the Kim’s.”

He looked down and took the newspaper. He saw the title. “Kim’s looking for a new worker.” He looked down and saw a picture. There were five people in the black and white photo. He scanned their faces but stopped at a girl’s. His mouth had opened as he stared at it in shock.

“Are you okay?” The lady asked. He snapped out of it and nodded.

“What are they hiring for?” He asked as he looked up from the photo.

“Well since they are really rich, they have workers at the house.” She answered.

Jaejoong looked back down at the photo. He couldn’t believe it. “How many people are they hiring?”

“One.” The lady answered. This caused Jaejoong to look up at her shocked.

“One? Why one, shouldn’t there be more?” He asked surprised that the Kim’s are only hiring one person.

The lady nodded. “But they do, it’s just that one got fired so only one spot is open.”

Jaejoong eyes wandered around before they settled on the lady. “How do we get the job?”

“You make an appointment and go in. They’ll choose the one they want.” She answered. She was surprised that Jaejoong didn’t know about this. Everyone knows about the Kim’s.

“So, if you get the job do you stay there?” He asked. He wanted to know more about this. He wanted the job. He needed the job, but not for the money.

The nice lady nodded. “Yes, they provide a place for you to stay.”

“How do you know so much about this?” Jaejoong asked. If she doesn’t work there then how would she know? He thought to himself.

“They post up the information on their website.” She answered.

Jaejoong nodded. “Mrs. Can I take this newspaper?”

The lady smiled and nodded. “Of course, it’s all yours.” Jaejoong thanked her and bowed before walking away. “Who doesn’t know about the Kim’s? He’s one odd fellow.” She said to herself before turning back to the newspaper stand.

“Mrs. Choi?” Jaejoong yelled while walking into the orphanage.

Mrs. Choi walked out of a room and smiled at him. “Jaejoong, I haven’t seen you in a couple of weeks. How are you?” Mrs. Choi was now thirty, but she still looked the same as she did when she was twenty.

“I’m doing well, but look what I’ve found.” Jaejoong said while holding up the newspaper in front of Mrs. Choi.

Mrs. Choi took the newspaper and scanned it. Once she got to the picture she looked up at Jaejoong. “Is this really her?” She asked.

Jaejoong nodded. “It looks like her, and under the picture it has her name…..Kim Taeyeon.”

Mrs. Choi’s eyes started to get teary. “Oh, I’m so happy. I haven’t heard anything from her or about her.” Jaejoong smiled a bit. “She’s grown up so much, and she’s as beautiful as ever.”

Jaejoong nodded. “She’s twenty now.”

“What a beautiful twenty year old. She looks so young. She still has that young, pure, innocent face she had when she was younger.” Mrs. Choi said still staring at the picture. She was so happy to see how well Taeyeon has grown.

“Well, her parents are hiring someone to go and work for them.” Jaejoong started. This made Mrs. Choi look up at him. She was waiting for him to continue. “I’m going to go and see if I can get the job.”

“Really? Are you sure you want to compete against a hundred more people who also want this job?”” Mrs. Choi asked. She wanted Jaejoong to go for it, but seeing that a lot of other people want the job it’s going to be hard.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes, I’m going to. I don’t care about the other people who also want this job. Mrs. Choi I need it. I need to see her again.” Jaejoong answered. He needed to see Taeyeon again, in person.

Mrs. Choi nodded understandingly. “Good luck.” Jaejoong smiled and thanked Mrs. Choi for her support.

“I’ll be back soon.” Jaejoong said before he walked out of the orphanage.

Mrs. Choi let out a deep breath and walked back into the room she came out from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kids listen up.” Mr. Kim said while standing up from the living room couch.

He had called a family meeting to meet in their huge living room. At the meeting his three kids and his wife had come. His kids were Heechul, he was the eldest of the three. His appearance is girly and so is his personality. At times he can be a diva, but he can also be a caring and protective brother. He is 25 years old but acts like he’s 20. Then there is the middle child, Yoobin. She is four years younger than Heechul which makes her 21 years old. Her appearance is fierce yet lady like. She is dark skinned but very pretty. She has that fierceness to her which attracts guys. She is very polite and well behaved. Then there is the youngest, Kim Taeyeon. She is a year younger than Yoobin which makes her 20 years old. She has a pure and innocent feature that guys often like. She is a happy-go-lucky girl and tries to be friends with everybody. But something bad had happened which caused her to lose her memory and her best friend, Han Jaejoong.

“What is it appa?” Yoobin asked looking up at her father.

“As you know, we are going to be hiring someone new to work for us.” He answered.

Heechul looked up at his father. “Why did we fire the other dude again?”

“He would not cooperate with us and I’m tired of having to deal with him over and over again.” Mr. Kim answered. All three kids nodded their heads and sat on the big white couch quietly waiting for their father to continue. “We will start having job interviews for people who want to work for us tomorrow. Please do not make any commotions and behave yourselves. We do not want people to think of us as rude and ignorant people. Do you understand?” Mr. Kim asked calmly. He would never raise his voice at anyone unless they rub him the wrong way. Even if they did he would try to calm himself, but if they’ve gone to far he would become a nightmare. All three kids nodded. Mr. Kim smiled and walked out of the living room and into his office.

“Umma, do you think he’ll find someone soon?” Yoobin asked turning to her mother.

“Yeah, there are so many people who want to work for us.” Heechul added.

The mother sighed. “Hopefully.” She got up and walked out of the living room.

“Taeyeon, you’ve been quiet this whole morning what’s wrong?” Yoobin asked looking at her younger sister.

Taeyeon shook her head and gave a light smile. “Oh I’m fine. I just hope that appa doesn’t get to tired and stressed during those job interviews.”

Heechul smiled and patted his younger sister on the head. “Don’t worry kiddo, he can handle it.” Taeyeon smiled and nodded. They all got up and walked their separate ways.

Taeyeon walked to her father’s office and knocked on the double glass doors which were slightly open. She saw him looking down at his desk and figured that he was doing some paper work.

“Come in.” He said not looking up from his paper work. Taeyeon walked in and sat down on the brown leather couch. Everything in the room was brown. There was brown wooden floor, brown bookshelves, a brown desk, brown table, and even brown curtains. But since it was so neat and clean it didn’t look as dark as some people would’ve imagined it to be.

“Hey dad.” She said once she sat down.

Her father looked up and smiled. “Oh hey Taeyeon, is there something wrong.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “No, I’m just worried about you that’s all.”

Mr. Kim had a frown on his face. “Why would you be worried about me?”

Taeyeon let out a sigh and answered him. “Well the last time you had to find someone, you got really tired. I’m just worried that, that might happen again.”

Mr. Kim had a smile back on his face. “I’ll be fine Taeyeon. Just worry about your own health, alright?” Taeyeon smiled and nodded. “Good.” He looked back down at his paper work and got back to work. Taeyeon got up and walked out of his office quietly.

“Taeyeon.” Someone whispered. She turned around to find her sister standing on the stairs. “Come here.” Taeyeon did as she was told and walked up the stairs.

“What is it unnie?” She asked.

“Do you want to go to a party with me?” Yoobin asked quietly. Mr. Kim would not allow them to go to parties with out asking him first.

“Did you ask dad?” Taeyeon questioned knowing about her fathers rules.

Yoobin shook her head no. “No, I asked umma.”

“Oh.” Taeyeon said. “What about oppa?” Usually Heechul would go with them to parties and such. He was the most wild in the family.

“Heechul oppa?” Yoobin asked. “He has his own party to go to.” Yoobin and Taeyeon started to laugh as they walked upstairs to get ready.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yoobin, why are you wearing a skirt?” Mr. Kim asked once the two sisters got downstairs.

“I’m going to the Lee’s party.” She answered truthfully.

“Dressing like that?” He asked. Mr. Kim was very protective of his girls.

Yoobin nodded and so did Taeyeon. “Don’t worry dad, we are not kids anymore.” Yoobin said.

Mrs. Kim nudged her husband and told him to let them go. “Just let them go honey.”

Mr. Kim thought about it then sighed. “Fine, but be careful.” Yoobin and Taeyeon smiled and kissed their parents cheeks. They walked out of the house and towards the Lee’s house.

“So who’s all going to be there?” Taeyeon asked Yoobin while they were walking to the Lee’s.

“Just the people around our age in the five big companies.” The five big companies were the Kim’s, the Kwon’s, the Lee’s, the Park’s, and the Jung’s. They are five huge companies who are all close with each other. The Kim’s own hotels called “Kim’s Inn”, the Kwon’s own limo’s named “Kwon’s Limo’s”, the Lee’s own jewelry stores named “SCS Jewels”, the Park’s own clothing stores called “Teens Choice” and the Jung’s own ice cream shops called “Icy Palace.” They are all very rich and almost everybody in Korea knows about them.

“Hey guys look who’s here!” Park Yoochun shouted. He is the second eldest in the Park Family. He is 23 years old and can be very sensitive but manly also. He has an older sister named Sandara Park who goes by Dara. She moved to the Philippines when she was 18 and stayed there for six years. She got back to Korea last year and is now 25. She is a loner, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have friends. She just isn’t as talkative as the rest of them. Then there is the youngest who goes by Thunder. No one knows exactly why he likes that name, but he said that it makes him stand out from his siblings.

“Oh hey guys!” Sunny Lee shouted from the swimming pool. She is the oldest in the Lee Family and she has two younger siblings. She is the same age as Taeyeon and is very energetic unlike Taeyeon. Her younger brother Seungri is the second oldest. He is very full of himself and always likes to compliment him. He is 19 years old and has a girlfriend, Park Sunmi. She is a year younger than him and is a cousin to the Parks. She is a very nice and polite girl. She is also a fangirl over Taeyeon. Her older brother is Park Taecyeon. He is very tall and handsome. Then last there is CL. She is the youngest in the Lee family, she is 18 years old. She likes to pick on her oppa, and she is very mature for her age.

“Hey!” Yoobin shouted back. After she waved to everyone she walked over to her friend Victoria. She was Chinese and moved to Korea just two years ago so she is still having difficulties with Korean.

Taeyeon walked over to the pool and sat down next to Sunny dipping her feet into the pool. “Hey Sunny. Did your parents say that it was alright for you to have a party at your house?”

Sunny nodded. “Of course.” She smiled and pushed Eunhyuk into the pool. Eunhyuk was Sunny’s 24 year old cousin; he has a brother named Lee Taemin. Taemin is 16 years old and very shy and innocent.

Taeyeon started to laugh until someone came and covered her eyes. She uncovered them and turned around. She saw Park Changmin standing behind her covering the sun. “Hey Taeyeon.” He said cheerfully. Changmin was a cousin of the Parks along with Taecyeon and Sunmi. He is a year older than Taeyeon which makes him 21 years old. He has a younger brother named MIR who is 18 years old. Just like Thunder, people don’t know why he likes that name.

“Hey Changmin, sit down.” Taeyeon said patting the ground next to her. Changmin obeyed and sat down.

“So, are you still dating Jiyong?” He asked resting his chin on his knee.

Taeyeon nodded and looked at him. “Why?”

He shrugged. “Just wondering.” Jiyong disliked almost all of the Park’s except for Taecyeon, Sunmi, and Soyeon. He once dated Dara, but since they broke up he has had a strong dislike against the Park’s. But what people don’t get is that he was the one who broke up with her.

Taeyeon slowly nodded. She knew that Jiyong disliked most of the Park’s but she decided not to bring it up. “So, do you hate me?” She asked when things started to get quiet between them.

Changmin chuckled. “Of course not, I could never hate you.” Taeyeon smiled and looked at the water in the pool. “Taeyeon, just because I don’t like your boyfriend doesn’t mean that I hate you.” Changmin started. “You have been a very close friend of mine and I will always cherish you.” He finished. This made Taeyeon look up at him and smile.

“Really?” She asked. Changmin nodded and let out a small chuckle. Hearing him chuckle made her giggle. “I will always cherish you too Changmin.”