Chapter 18

Two words that can change your life....Memory Loss

“Why are you going to America?!?” Mr. Kim shouted out once the Kim’s and Changmin reached their house.

“This is too much! I need time alone and to myself!” Taeyeon shouted while running up to her room to pack.

Yoobin, Heechul, and Changmin all ran up to her room. “Tae…” Yoobin said while knocking on the locked door.

They heard no answer.

Mr. Kim walked up and unlocked her door with a special key. He flung the door open to find her packing up her belongings.

Yoobin rushed to Taeyeon and grabbed a hold of her bag. “Taeyeon, don’t go.” Taeyeon jerked her bag away and shoved a few more outfits into it.

“You can’t leave so soon.” Mrs. Kim stated. “You don’t have a ticket.”

Taeyeon looked at her. “I already called someone to book a flight for me.” She zipped her bag up and pushed through everyone who was blocking her from the doorway.

“What about Jaejoong.” Heechul questioned causing her to stop in her tracks.

They all heard a sniff coming from Taeyeon before she spun back around. “Please give this to him when he wakes up.” She said while handing Changmin a white envelope.

Changmin hesitantly took it before looking back up at her. “Why are you leaving so soon?”

“I can’t stand to be here as of right now.” Taeyeon answered before walking off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changmin was sitting in Jaejoong’s room the next day hoping for him to wake up soon. He was pacing around back and forth but glanced at Jaejoong from time to time.

After a few minutes of pacing back and forth, he finally heard a groan coming from Jaejoong. His head snapped in Jaejoong’s direction. Jaejoong’s fingers slightly moved and his eye’s began to open.

Changmin ran to the side of the bed and bent down. “Jaejoong?”

A ‘hmm…” came from the person below.

“Jaejoong!” Changmin shouted with a relieved smile.

Jaejoong’s eyes looked up at Changmin and then wandered around the room. “What happened?”

“You got shot.” replied Changmin.

Jaejoong nodded. “I know that, but how did I end up here?”

“The ambulance.” Changmin answered before handing him the white envelope Taeyeon asked him to give Jaejoong. “Here, this is from Taeyeon.”

Jaejoong reached out for the envelope and ripped it open. He took the paper from the inside out to reveal a handwritten letter.

He unfolded it and began reading.

 

Dear Jaejoong,

I’ve decided to write you a letter in the hospital while I’m waiting for you to wake up. But by the time you read this letter, I will probably already be gone.

My parents told me all about my past. They even told me about how I got memory loss and how you were that little boy who was my friend since the beginning. It must’ve been hard trying to befriend me again. I just want you to know that I’m truly sorry for ever hurting you with my memory loss. But I’m actually very thankful that you came back into my life, because I bet you were a great friend who was always by my side like how you are now.

Although I suffered from memory loss, I know you suffered as well. I brought you so much pain and stress and I’m sorry for that.

I don’t know how close we were when we were young, but I want you to know that I’m glad we reunited. Since the day you stepped into my house, I knew there was something about you that I wasn’t so sure of, and now I know that it’s because we still have that connection from the past. This bond between us will never be broken no matter what obstacles come our way.

I hope you realize that I’m thankful to have someone like you in my life. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me which I know you’ve done a lot since young.

 

This letter is an apology and thank you letter as well as a farewell one. Since I’m trying to take this all in, I’ve decided to go on a vacation in America. I don’t know how long I will be staying there but I will be back soon.

You’re probably angry with me since I’m leaving before you awake, but I know that we will come together again.

Before I say goodbye, I want you to know that I love you. I love everything you’ve done for me; I love your personality; I love… you. Me going away will not change my feelings for you.

But as of right now, please rest and take care of your health. I want you to be as strong and healthy as ever when I get back from America.

                                                                                                                                                Love,

                                                                                                                                                Taeyeon

 

Jaejoong slowly looked up from the paper and at Changmin. “Is she really gone?”

Changmin looked away and then nodded. “She left yesterday.”

Jaejoong glanced back down at his letter. “When will I be discharged?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Three Days Later~

Taeyeon was sitting in her hotel room eating a cup of noodles when she heard a knock on her door. She glanced at the clock and it said 9:00 p.m. ‘Who’s would come here at this time?”

She set her chopsticks down in her bowl and wiped clean before getting up from the leather couch.

Once she got to the door she peeked through the peep hole only to find no one there. She bit her lip and opened the door to reveal the one and only….Han Jaejoong.

He was standing in the door way with a bouquet of violet orchids.

Taeyeon stood there in shock as she couldn’t believe that he found her in America. “How did you find me?”

Jaejoong softly smiled which made her heart flutter. She missed his smile, his laugh, his presence. She missed everything about him. “That’s my secret.” Taeyeon smiled lightly in return. “I’m so sorry for not telling you about us in the past.” Jaejoong said as his smile faded away.

Taeyeon took the bouquet of flowers and motioned for him to step inside. Jaejoong did so and she closed the door behind them. She turned back to face him with a faint grin. “It’s okay. You’re forgiven.”

A curved line formed on Jaejoong’s face as he pulled Taeyeon in for a hug. “I love you…” He whispered into her ear. He wanted to reply back to her letter, and this was the only way to get his response to her fast.

He pulled away from her and cupped her lovely face that he’s missed over these past few days. His thumb her cheek before he leaned in to give her a tender kiss which made all their worries and problems fade away.

Taeyeon closed her eyes and deepened the kiss hoping that the time would just freeze right there and then.

Although she left to get away from all of the drama back in Korea, she couldn’t deny the fact that seeing Jaejoong there in front of her eyes made her very happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Note~ Okay that was the last chapter!!!

I really want to give a big thanks to khim012 for giving me some ideas to help me complete this fic.

And thanks to everyone who commented and subscribed! Hope to see you all again! :)

I'll be starting a new fanfic soon (TaeJae), so please look forward to it! I was stuck between Changmin or Jaejoong, but I went with Jaejoong. I'll probably make a ChangTae fic after I complete some of my other fanfics. 8D