Chapter 19

Forsaken by Him
Onew POV:
 
I smiled. I smiled widely and proudly at my image reflection in the mirror.
 
"This is it" I rubbed my hands together. "I know exactly how to ask Kori now" I grinned wider. "Thanks to Chohee"
 
I felt giddy and full of life. Chohee had given me the best advice on how to ask the girl I have been waiting to ask for 2 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 10 hours and 34 minutes counting.
 
Facing the first text Kori had ever given me, I smiled. Thankfully the phone still had the date and hour to remind me.
 
I still waited for a specific text from manager hyung before I could travel to New York to tell her. Still, I am not as scared as I was before Chohee...
 
'Chohee...' I sighed.
 
I slapped my forehead. I forgot the whole promise to myself about this getting out of hand.
 
Stressing out, I sat back down on the chair I had rehearsed on earlier to introduce myself to Kori and became depressed and unable to think anymore.
 
"Hey leader" Jonghyun chirped. I didn't have the motivation to move. After Chohee had helped me get a plan for Kori I will now feel bad to just kick her out.
 
"What's wrong?" Jonghyun then asked. Heaving a sigh, I turned to him.
 
"It's happen" I spat out. I didn't even have to explain myself because once I said that Jonghyun sighed and looked down at the floor.
 
"Seriously?" He asked. I nodded. "No..." He faded away. "We have to get rid of her" He began to pace back and forth. "She can't stay here anymore...I can't stand her here any longer"
 
I stood amazed at Jonghyun. He looked angry and disturbed.
 
"Kick her out now" He still went out. I finally got the energy to get up and console him.
 
"Jonghyun" I said for his attention but he still wouldn't stop rattling on about the topic.
 
"I knew the first time I laid eyes on her she was trouble...big trouble"
 
I gripped into his shoulders.
 
"Jonghyun! I don't know if its true" I started to get into denial. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes.
 
"Well? Why not just kick her out now before it is true" He then implied. I sat back down and sighed.
 
"Just one more hint and I will"
 
Jonghyun grunted.
 
"What hint do you need Onew? Who is it anyways?" He gulped. "Who is the person?"
 
I faced him. I've never seen Jonghyun like this. Yes, I have when he got angry at something back then but for a girl? The best thing I could do is not even mention Minho and Taemin at the time. Both of the maknae in the group.
 
"I was thinking-" I wanted to say Jonghyun. I really did. But I stopped myself. Jonghyun looked furious and didn't look like he wanted his name mentioned.
 
*beep*
 
I felt my heart feel relieved. I clicked on the text and tried my best to ignore Jonghyun eyeing me.
 
'Pack up... You have one day for that New York trip and your flight is at 3:45pm ~Manager'
 
I stopped and went crazy inside my mind until my eyes landed back on Jonghyun who still waited for my answer.
 
"Sorry Jonghyun but this will have to wait, I need to pack up and catch my flight at 3:45pm today and its almost 1pm" I grinned widely. I ran out the room and went to announce to the band about my flight but Minho and Taemin were already standing in front of my way.
 
"Onew, can we take Chohee?" They both yelled at the sight of me. I again stopped and thought.
 
"What?"
 
"Can we take Chohee to Paris?" Taemin repeated.
 
"We can say she's a assistant or something" Minho soon said after. I looked up at Chohee. She was swaying her feet on the couch while smiling at something. Then I looked back at Taemin and Minho.
 
"I-"
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"I cannot believe I accepted" I growled while I pulled my suitcase towards the waiting room.
 
Looking back too see if Taemin and Minho chitter chattered about something as usual I stood puzzled. They were in their own private thought's instead.
 
Taemin walked up the steps, his hands deep into his pocket while Minho was trying to get his attention on something else.
 
I wonder what's wrong with them. First they hide behind my back by convincing Manager hyung to go to Paris and take Chohee but now they are in their own little world...without Chohee?
 
About to start searching for Chohee, I sighed in relief when over their shoulder was Chohee at the end of the line alone.
 
I narrowed my eyes and sighed. Both begging to take Chohee but now she's all alone. These boys.
 
I waited for everyone to pass by and finally waited for Chohee myself.
 
"Hey stranger" I joked while leaning into her ear. Chohee jumped in fear but I put my hand over her back and laughed. "I didn't mean to scare you"
 
Chohee faced me and smiled.
 
"It's okay"
 
I titled my head. Did she just smile? I shook my head and rolled my eyes around. I'm going crazy now.
 
"Come on Onew" Jonghyun chimed in. I looked back at Chohee and wrapped my hand around her arm and escorted her to the waiting place at the airport building.
 
Every now and then I would see Jonghyun roll his eyes or glance back eager to do something or say anything but he never did. What is wrong with this boy?
 
"Onew" Taemin quickly took me out of mind. "I think you should leave, your plane will leave soon and Chohee and me will be seating partners...so can I take her now? " He said like he had repeated it. I glanced at Chohee who was also waiting for my approval.
 
"Of course go" I blushed embarrassed. "You guys only have 1 day in Paris so make it useful"
 
Taemin took Chohee by the hand and smiled back my way.
 
"Of course, will do"
 
After that, they both walked off to the counter to enter the plane.
 
"Young people these days" I laughed. Waiting for everyone else to laugh or at least Key to complement that they didn't. Looking around I stood unamused. "You guys hate me" I said to myself. Everyone had run off somewhere and here I was talking to myself.
 
*beep*
 
I smiled. Kori.