Chapter 18

Forsaken by Him

Chohee POV:

 

*Flashback*

"You know why I love being in SM Entertainment?" Sulli suddenly asked. "It's that everyone treats you like family" She smiled.

I scrunched my eyebrows. Sulli giggled.

"Ever since I joined, everyone is so nice and heartwarming" She looked at me as she vaguely started remembering her first few days.

She looked so happy explaining her journey with her group F(x). All the time I felt like crying. I wanted to be treated like that, be treated like a family. I never had a family, my mom was a teenager when she had me so I lived in a foster home and families would always reject me no matter how hard I tried to get adopted. Until I became old they let me out but then the rest I do not know how I survived it.

"Are you crying?" Sulli suddenly asked me. I wiped away my tears and shook my head. "You are crying" She came over and hugged me. I took slow breaths but it didn't stop the tears.

Sulli put both hands on my cheeks.

"Don't worry" She smiled. "You are family to us now" She squished my cheeks. "You aren't alone anymore"

Pang.

"Sulli..." I croaked. I thought about her words. 'Family to us now'

Images of all my life faded away, the bad ones anyways slowly made there way to a trash can inside my head and now it let new memories fill up.

"Am I really family worthy?" I finished my sentence. Sulli smiled.

"Anyone with a heart like yours is family to us" She let go of the hug and played with my hair. "Why? Has SHINee treated you bad?" Her eyes narrowed and looked like if she was ready to beat someone up.

I slightly laughed.

"No they haven't"

Sulli then smiled.

"Then, whatever happened to you or whatever jerk treated you bad just ask me or anyone for help and we all will gladly help" She poked my rib. "Just don't be sad anymore"

I nodded. This time it was my turn to hug her.

"Thank you so much Sulli" I cried.

Sulli awed.

"Promise me that you will treat people like you want to be treated...and don't reflect all your problems to other people" She sniffled at my crying.

I nodded.

"I promise"

*End of Flashback*

 

I promised Sulli. I promised I will make a new and better life. I sighed, I'll try to learn not to be scared to love someone again. It's not hard right?

Sulli even said to have courage. She is more friendly than my actual 'best friend' Samantha.

Samantha. I need to tell her all about Dongsun. But that is a thought way out of the situation right now.

Looking at Onew's huge smile while reading his texts on the couch, I felt Sulli repeat the promise I made. I breathed in before confronting Onew.

Onew actually opened up to me though, when I asked to see a picture of this girl, he gladly accepted and handed me his phone.

I stopped.

She was gorgeous, her eyes sparkled at the imagine next to Onew's perky smile. Her image on the picture made her look smart, creative and courages while Onew's seemed more flushed just being that close to her. I accidentally giggled at the thought of Onew actually being nervous but then again I enjoyed any boy smiling their last bit of pride before blushing.

"What?" Onew immediately questioned. I looked at his eyes. They glistened, like when you see a chocolate covering a juicy strawberry and you know right away that the taste will dissolve in your mouth. Was that the sight of love?

"How long have you known her?" I coughed. He looked up and thought about my question for just a split second before smiling and blurting out.

"Two years"

I nodded. I vaguely began to remember Dongsun face when people would ask how long ago since we met. Dongsun would always look at me for the answer and his eyes never lighten up like it did with Onew.

"What's her name?"

That's where I studied him thoroughly. His pupil widened and his smile followed.

"Kori"

Bang....

That's where I knew it. That's where I knew everything I thought was true wasn't. The love I thought Dongsun eagerly gave me with every look, with every kiss, with every touch, with every 'I love you' was just no other but my desperation need for someone's love.

I leaned back on the sofa, still grabbing onto the phone. I breathed in slowly and rewinded Sulli's words.

'You're family to us now'

 

'You're family to us now'

 

'You're family to us now'

 

I brought back the fierce range of tears that was waiting to slip out and locked eyes at Onew who now had a worried face on him.

'Its too late Chohee...just give up the desperate need to find love...no one will ever love you' I narrowed my eyes. 'But that doesn't mean YOU can't help out other people in their love' I smiled.

Looking back at the picture in my hands, I put each and every fairy tale or love story I have ever seen or read and pictured it on Onew and this girl Kori.

"So here is what I think..." I started off.