Chapter 14

Forsaken by Him

Taemin POV:

Waiting outside patiently with Minho by my side while the doctor checked out Chohee, I couldn't help but shake my foot around nervously.

"How about a coffee?" Minho suddenly cleared his throat. Fixing my hair back that was disturbing my eyes, I nodded.

We both stood up and went near a nurse. I put on my smile and waited for the nurse to look up.

"Yes?" She chorused. Looking at Minho, he didn't look like he would ask her a question so I filled in for him.

"Can you tell us where we could get some coffee?" I smiled widely. The nurse blushed and looked at the paper next to her arm.

"I could just bring it for you guys" She stood up from her chair. "What patient room are you in?"

Both me and Minho looked at the door Chohee was behind of and looked back at the nurse to answer.

"Room B17? Alright, I'll come back really soon with your coffee" The nurse sprinted off into another room and out of sight in a split second.

Walking back with Minho to the room, I kicked my foot at some piece of paper on the floor.

"I hope she's okay" I confessed.

I heard Minho sigh as he made a exasperated look in my way.

"Me too" He only said. We both sat back down in the same warm seats we've been waiting on for at least half an hour.

Slowly closing my eyelids, I faced Minho and rested my head on his shoulder.

"What time is it anyways" I yawned. Minho took out his iPhone from his jacket and sighed.

"5am in the morning" He then yawned after me. Rubbing my head on his shoulder to get comfortable I closed my eyes for a quick second.

"Minho...." I faded away. I felt Minho hum tickle my ears. I wanted to ask him, right there, do you like Chohee? But at the same time I couldn't imagine that slipping my mind.

Knowing Minho for the longest, we got along with each other the most. I should know him really well for the youngest member of the group but like he said, age doesn't matter.

Just thinking about him loving someone who hasn't even been with us for long urged me to blurt those words out, what are your feeling for her?...but then again... what would be my excuse?

"After this could we go home and sleep?" I finished my question. Minho gave a dry chuckle and patted my head.

"Of course, but for now, we should drink our coffee" He leaned out, making me fall off of his shoulder and thanked the nurse who had appeared with our coffee's.

"At least you can warn me" I rubbed my head. Minho helped me up and gave me my nice warm coffee.

Blowing on it slowly whole finally sipping some, I inhaled.

"What were you doing out so late again?" I tried to make out a conversation. Minho sipped on his coffee and wiped himself before answering.

"I was told when I was woken up that you had left to go find something in the car and when I got outside you were there with Chohee" He repeated his answer from earlier.

Sipping my coffee, I nodded.

"You weren't there waiting outside we're you?" I asked. Minho looked down at his coffee and shook his head no.

Sighing in relief I bobbed my head while blowing for another sip of coffee.

'Even if he did see the little kiss, it shouldn't worry him that much anyways.' Letting the warm liquid tickle my gums and make it all numb, I jumped at the sound of a door knob turn.

Quickly facing the doctor, we both jumped up from out seats with the coffee held in both hands.

The doctor cleared his throat while slowly closing the door.

"How is she?" I asked like a worried parent would in a dramatic movie scene. The doctor took off his glasses and gloved and wrote something down on his paper.

"She's okay, but she has a high level of fatigue in her system that made her break down like she did" He made eye contact with both of us before continuing. "Has she been running alot? Been in a cold weather these last few days?" He asked Minho.

Minho faced me for some help before turning back to the doctor.

"She was running in the rain yesterday and today she slept outside" Minho gave him the most accurate information we had of Chohee.

The doctor nodded and wrote on a piece of paper the notes.

"Well, as her brother, I expect you to keep an eye on her" The doctor then told Minho. Of course, in order to see her, Minho had to say they were siblings.

We both bowed in gratitude.

"Thank you" I thanked him.

"You can see her, but be silent" The doctor looked at the closed door in front of him. "Her ears are in a fragile position as her body" After that the doctor turned around to leave.

Exchanging glances with Minho, we both nodded in confirmation.

Minho walked up to the door knob and turned it open. Waiting for him to take the first steps in I was shocked when I saw him gesture for me to go in first.

Nervous, I took the first steps inside the room. Seeing a bright sun peek through the building from the window, I hovered my eyes in a big medium circle until my eyes landed on her.

There, in front of me, was a sleeping Chohee looking heavenly like an angel from above. Smiling, I tip toed slowly to her.

She breathed sickly as her hair landed more on her forehead with each deep breath.

Looking back at Minho, he had that same remorseful expression on his face for her.

Smiling at her, I pushed her hair back to her ear. She slowly gained consciousness and started to open her eyes. Grinning at her, she shut her eyes closed and started squirming.

"Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Dongsun!" She started screaming.

The heart meter started beeping fast and a red flash went off that both me and Minho tried our best to calm her down.

I could hear footsteps enter the room. After a few seconds two nurses came in ready with a booster shot.

Chohee screamed and squirmed but that didn't stop the nurses from putting the shot in her system.

After a few more seconds, Chohee calmed down and closed her eyes, giving me and Minho one last look.

The nurses turned around tired and bowed.

"I'm going to have to ask you to-" 

The nurse began but stopped. She took a quick look at Minho and me before facing Chohee back. "Try not to wake her up" She smiled.

Leaving with the other nurse, they closed the door slowly.

Glancing back at Chohee, I sighed. 'She yelled out Dongsun' Sitting down on a nearby chair, I put my hands together. 'She thought I was Dongsun' I repeated. 'What did that guy do to her?' I gripped my hand and looked at her breathing hard.

"That's it" I blurted out. Minho furrowed his eyebrows at my way but I didn't care. "Minho, we have to go look for someone" I tasked.

"Who?" He asked.

"Let's just say its a friend"

--------------