Chapter 1

Forsaken by Him

 

Chohee POV:

I ran through the quick drops of rain coming down from the cloudy skies to the tip of my head. My heart was pounding fast and my breath started failing me. I was hoody less, shoe less, and even sweater less but I still ran despite the shivers covering my body.

"W-why did I f-forget that u-umbrella?" I stuttered to myself, letting all the shivers overthrow me.

'Why do I even care?' I asked myself as I ran down the aisle of the high buildings in front of me with not only the tears of the rain but my own tears coming down my face.

'Idiot' I scolded myself. 'Im an idiot for thinking that he loved me, out of all people why him to hurt me the most'

"Chohee" I could hear the screaming sounds come from the other side of the street. "Chohee!" I heard again, I closed my eyes and just kept running. Step by step it began to sound faintly.

I gently passed my hands through my wet cheeks and found a nearby spot to hide myself in. I gently sat down the dry area and crouched myself, trying to keep myself out of view as much as possible.

"Why was I such an i-idiot" I snuffled. "I should've seen through his cold heart" I rubbed my hands and blowed the little hot air I had in me. I watched my tears fall down my cheek and into the gray pavement. I never knew how it felt like to be cold and lonely until today. Back stabbed, cheated on, lost in what I thought was my best friend but worst of all I lost my dignity and my trust towards others all in one night.

"Why are you still standing there? I never loved you, it was all a lie, a joke" The memory of that bastard words rewinded through my head once more, taunting me with every second that passed.

I closed my eyes tight and wished this was all a dream, a nightmare but I knew it wasn't. All my life I was trying to find someone who would understand me and to never find someone who would kill me with such words like today. That only made me cry more.

'Why am I crying for him? Obviously he doesn't even care' I asked myself, tears falling down my cheek faster than before.

I finally had the courage to look up to see my surroundings once I recovered a little. Big red apartments stood in front of me, terrorizing my presence.

"Where do I go now?" I asked myself. I took a deep breath and helped myself up. If I stayed here I wouldn't be able to see tomorrow. Gently I pressed my cold feet into the icy cold pavement and step by step I looked around to find somewhere to stay for the night.

I wiped my tears away from my face and hoped I would find a coffee shop or something. I didn't know where I was or how the was community here. Shivers ran down my body as the heavy rain fell down all over my body.

"Onew!" Some girl yelled out from bedside me. I grunted at her as she scared me half to death. She just glared at me like if she was throwing daggers at me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Idiotic people and their pathetic lovers" Mumbling I hunched my shoulders to help me keep warm. 'Later on your heart will be broken, I'm warning you now.' I thought in telling her but why should I waste my time on that. I have better things to do anyways. Without looking where I was going I accidentally bumped into someone which made me squeal. This is what I get for zooming out.

"Oh, I'm sorry it's my fault" I heard a deep voice say before me. I fixed my position and sighed.

"No, it's okay" Muttering I made myself aside and kept walking.

"Wait!" He yelled out. I stopped from my tracks and stood silent. I could hear not only the heavy rain pounding on me but his footsteps come closer to me which only made me tense. Now we stood face to face and I could see a clear view of him.

He had a gray beret over his wavy long brown wet curls. His eyes were a color brown followed by his perfect pink lips. He looked like if he was a model in some way. He as well studied me. I looked at his eyes as they searched my face, his eyelashes fluttering as he looked down from my chin to the top of my head.

I gasped slightly when suddenly his warm fingers began to my cheek. I took a deep breath in as the warmth of his soft fingers ran through my body giving me even more goosebumps than before.

"What happened?" He asked gently. I felt water start to ball up in my eyes but no I in the tears and slapped his hand away.

"Nothing" I was able to mumble out. I took one step forward but he raised his arm not letting me through

"You're cold" He said. I nodded while looking down, soon enough a shiver overcame me. I looked up when I heard rustling noises.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him take off his jacket. When it was fully off he gently placed it on me. Once I felt that warmth hit me, it took my breath away. Still in shock I opened my mouth to thank him but instead was took by surprise as he pulled back a strand of hair I had on my forehead. He then grabbed my hand with his other free one and opened his mouth to speak.

"Come on" He gestured while tugging me a little.

"Bu-"

Before I could finish he entwined our fingers together and pulled me towards a nearby car. Still in shock I let him pull me. Where else would I go anyways? I'm going to die either way.

"Key!" One girl screamed which made me jump. The boy then let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulder better, assuring me everything was okay. Now I could feel his warmth hit my cold shivery body. Shivers still coated my body but not as much as before.

He pulled me closer and closer to him with every shiver I had. I was now so close to him that I could feel his smooth heartbeat. He opened the door into the car and helped me in. I couldn't tell what car it was but I knew it wasn't a van.

I sat down all the way to the other edge of the car and made myself comfortable. To my surprise he came right after me and pulled me next to his chest, hugging me.

"You're soaking wet" His gently deep voice circled through my ears. I put my hand over his chest and rested my head over it.

"I-I'll-" I stuttered out because of the shivers overcoming my body once more but he took me off guard as he hugged me more tighter.

"It's okay you can tell me later" He hummed, he fixed his position and leaned in by my ear. "Everything going to be okay" He whispered. I felt like crying for all that he was doing to me but what's the point, he's going to be like that bastard and I already knew it.

I slowly began to fall into a deep sleep but I fought back to keep my eyes open, but it was useless. Soon enough the smooth heartbeat of his made a heavenly lullaby that made me fall into a restless sleep.