Chapter 13

Forsaken by Him

 

 
Taemin POV:
 
~Flashback~
 
Smiling while I scrolled down on my phone, I made myself comfortable on the couch.
 
I came upon a little quote with a picture of a couple hugging. Curious I went back to its quote and read it.
 
"While a girl is confessing and she starts to cry, hug her and tell her you are there for her, if she keeps crying kiss her" I read it in English.
 
Furrowing my eyebrows I scratched my head.
 
"Kiss her? What will that do?" I asked myself. Scrolling down again to see any new notifications I couldn't stop thinking of that quote. "Might as well save it for someday" I shrugged my shoulders.
 
~End of Flashback~
 
Looking back now as I stared at her while she cried I couldn't stop remembering that paragraph I read in my phone for this situation. She's crying, I can't calm her down? So do I kiss her? Feeling her sulk I had no other choice.
 
Squishing her one last time, I drew away from the hug, closed my eyes and wished for the better. Feeling my lips touch hers softly I pushed away and withdraw. Opening my eyes I saw her look at me with such shock.
 
'That's not the reaction I was waiting for' Gulping, I felt my heart race. Looking at her face, up from the tip of her hair to the bottom of her chin, I breathed in.
 
"Noona, I'm sorry" I murmered as I looked away from her and stared out the window. "I read it on a website and I just thought it was the right thing to do" Feeling already the sting she would give my cheek after she would slap me, I closed my eyes.
 
"Taemin..." She faded away from her words to answer.
 
"Yes?" I croaked.
 
"Taemin, what are you doing?" This time another person asked. Opening my eyes I faced the person.
 
"Minho?" I asked. Lifting myself from my seat I studied her throughly just to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks. "What are doing here so late at night?"
 
Minho blinked twice at me before clearing his throat.
 
"The guys said you went out without telling anyone where you were going" Minho tilted his head while kneeling down. His expression changed and his eyes beamed with happiness. "Chohee" He gasped.
 
Facing Chohee, she looked pale.
 
"Chohee? What's wrong?" I asked her. She grabbed hold of her head with her hands while groaning softly.
 
"Chohee" Minho whispered. He sprinted to the other side of the car and struggled to open the door.
 
"Unlock the door" He demanded. I gave the taxi driver a nod to confirm his request. Minho then jumped into the car and placed Chohee over his arms.
 
"She's so hot" He looked up and looked at me. "What happened?"
 
Shocked as Minho, I tried to gulp in the pressure that was building up on me.
 
"She was outside some steps asleep and I-" I started but Minho stopped me before I could finish.
 
"She was what?" Minho eyes widened while putting her head on his shoulder. He leaned over to the Taxi driver. "Take us to the nearest hospital please"
 
The Taxi driver put the car in drive and turned around to the streets.
 
"Taemin, give me you're jacket" Minho ordered. Taking off my jacket, I gave it to him and he put it over Chohee. "What was she doing outside? Key told me that she was safe at home?" Minho questioned. Glancing at Chohee as she tried to speak, I inhaled.
 
"She lost her keys and she texted me a while later but I had my phone off" I lied. Minho expression changed from worried to angry.
 
"Let's just get her to the emergency room" He simply stated.
 
Seeing as how Minho got angry about the lie I just told him, I just curled up in my own side of the taxi.
 
Feeling the sharp wind hit my face through the open window I closed it.
 
Here I was, worried of Chohee and how sick she was all of a sudden but I wasn't the one comforting her. Somehow I was angry but angry of what? Was it because I was the one who was walking around the street looking for noona? Was it because I risked my life from this freezing cold to rescue Chohee who I haven't even known more than a day?
 
Glancing at Minho I sighed.
 
Minho hyung was protecting her though. He was the one that rescued her that night, basically yesterday night. He even said it that night when he found her that she is his responsibility. No matter how hard my hyungs (Onew, Key, Jonghyun) disapproved of it he still insisted.
 
This was the first time I've seen Minho like this for a girl. He rested over Chohee so sweetly like her protector, but somehow my blood managed to start boiling.
 
That should be me comforting her, comforting noona. Smiling without notice I shook my head.
 
'Why do I always smile? I know I have to act cute for fans but sometimes I hate it when I smile at times like this' Scolding myself, I turned around, facing the window and rested my jaw over the palm of my hand.
 
"Why did you lie Chohee" I whispered to myself. Over Chohee loud breathing, I heard the little music coming from the radio of the taxi.
 
It was just one instrument, and it was the piano. Trying to figure out any lyrics they would go with the rhythm I sighed. No matter how hard I tried to forget Chohee I couldn't.
 
Glancing back at Chohee and Minho for no apparent reason I started to scold myself again.
 
'Stop looking at them Taemin' Slapping myself mentally, I noticed Chohee looking at me.
 
Surprised, I smiled back at her. She was as pale as ever, never have I seem someone so pale. She was after all in the cold for who knows how long.
 
"Thank you" Chohee began to mouth. Feeling my smile grow wider, I nodded.
 
"You're welcome noona" I mouthed back. Obviously I knew what she was talking about. I have to keep her secret but also help her in ways. That stupid guy has to pay, even though I barely know Chohee, I feel so attached to her.
 
Looking at her clothes just made a little tingly feeling in my heart.
 
She was wearing my clothes, the one I gladly handle to her, I still couldn't believe she took it. She must hate men, though, she confessed to me about it.
 
'At least now I know why you were ignoring me at first' I said out loud in my mind while looking at her cough.
 
"Thanks" Her words repeated in my mind.
 
'Thanks' The same words she said to me when I lent her my clothes, thanks at the arcade for being her friend and thanks right now for keeping her secret' How can this one word give me shivers down my back and make my heart beat ten times faster?
 
Remembering the kiss I felt a pound in my heart. 'I kissed noona'
 
Touching my lips I remembered her reaction. She didn't slap me? But she hates men no?
 
Putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together in my head I felt a click.
 
"Chohee doesn't hate men, she hates love" I smiled at accomplishment. "She loved the guy so much, but he just used her" I stood thinking while looking at the building we past by, after a while I felt the car come to a stop.
 
"We're here" Hearing Minho announce, I got out the car and gave the taxi guy the money I owed him but the whole time I was thinking of my stupid mistake of kissing her.
 
"Hey" The taxi guy called out to me. Walking up to him he looked at Minho. "Is that your girl?" He whispered. Looking up at Minho and Chohee I shook my head. The taxi guy shook his head. "But you like her?" He asked.
 
Staring at the guy as he waited for my response I smiled while blushing.
 
"I burly know her, we burly met today" I confessed. The taxi guys eyes widened.
 
"We?" He looked at Minho quickly before eyeing me. "It takes just one day to fall in love"
 
Taking aback by his words, I tilted my head.
 
The taxi guy handed out his hand .
 
"Now go" After that, he accelerated to the curve and was no where to be seen again.
 
Staring at Minho I repeated the guys words.
 
"Is Minho in love?" I asked. Staring at him as he picked Chohee up bridal style and walk her up to the emergency room, I put my hand over my beating heart. "Better yet, am I in love?"
 
Staring at Minho I gasped.
 
"But she doesn't believe in love anymore" Biting my lip I ran towards them. "Hyung, what will we do?"
 
--------