Chapter Twenty-Three

The Vow Of The Secret Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Three

 

 

 

It's the day...

 

Dara cannot believe it, she's staring at her own reflection while the make-up artists were busy attending to her.

 

"Are you alright Sandy?" Chaerin asked as she was just watching her at the corner of her room.

 

Though she's the organizer of the wedding, she assigned her assistant to attend to the final preparation of the venue while she went to her friend and look after her as she prepares for the day they've been waiting for.

 

Dara tilted her head to her direction and manage a small smile on her face. The smile on Chaerin's lips, slowly faded as she pursed her lips and approached her. She stood just a meter in front of her, enough to not disturb the artists attending to her and gave her a questioning look.

 

"What?" Dara asked.

 

"You look pale..."

 

She chuckled at her friend's remark. "How did you say so?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe that's what I can see in your face. Are you nervous?"

 

She smiled. "Normally, that's what a bride would feel right? Aigoo Chaerin. You should be used to this kind of situation. You've handled a lot of wedding from the past right?"

 

Chaerin just stared at her and with the same expression, she said... "Yes... But compared to them, the look on your face is something I hadn't seen before. You look bothered Sandy. Mind sharing it to me?"

 

She too, stared back at her and after some time, shook her head and smiled. "I am fine, don't worry..."

 

 

The two of them, both looked at the digital clock just near her bed... 10:57AM... Almost an hour left and she can't help but to feel more nervous as it gets nearer.

 

The artists were finally done with fixing her and Chaerin smiled widely at how beautiful, her friend is, on her special day. She cannot help but to feel so proud and happy for her. Her friends left the room, leaving them in the process, for them to be able to have some more time to talk before they leave.

 

"You look beautiful..." Chaerin said as she held her friend's hands and smiled at her.

 

"Thank you..." Dara said and smiled at her friend when her eyes caught something behind her. Upon realizing what it was, she looked at her friend. "Chae, can you leave me for a moment? I'll just do something..."

 

"Oh. Sure. I'll just come back after fifteen minutes and we'll leave. You have to be there, twenty minutes before the ceremony starts."

 

"Okay..."

 

And Chaerin left the room.

 

She stared at the close door for seconds before she moved from where she was standing. She stared at the little thing in her hand.

 

 

"There's something he left for you. He said he forgot to give it to you this morning..."

 

 

She crouched down and pulled something under her bed... Her traveling bag... She placed it on top of her bed and opened it, revealing her laptop that Jiyong gave her, telling her that it was hers.

 

As she turned it on and after typing her password, the sight of her wallpaper pinched her heart upon remembering the guy.

 

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

 

She closed her eyes ash she took a deep breath and ignored that ache inside her heart. Inserting the memory card on her gadget, her heart started beating so fast from too much anticipation...

 

 

"Hi Yongie! Darong here!"

 

 

For the nth time, things that involves him never failed to taken her aback especially after seeing herself from the video that's now playing just before her eyes.

 

 

"Being with you makes me perfect, makes me complete"

 

 

The words she uttered from the video dug something familiar inside her heart. And for some unknown reason, she found herself uttering the exact words from the video as the memories completely ran inside her mind, leaving nothing behind.

 

 

"Heaven knows how thankful I am for giving you to me." she said as she tried her best to stop herself from crying for it might just ruin her make up.

 

 

As the video is coming to it's end, a tear finally escaped from her eyes.

 

 

"Because that forever..."

 

 

"...is you..."

 

She felt suffocated saying those words.

 

"Oh heavens, Jiyong..." she uttered as she clutch her chest, feeling that pain as she find it hard to breath especially as pictures flashes after her video. Each of them has their own captions... Pictures taken by Jiyong during the years that he had lost her...

 

 

"The cup of coffee you used to order left that bitter-sweet taste in my mouth as my own tears mixed the liquid I sip while staring at the empty seat you used to occupy, right in front of me..."

 

 

"The redness of the apple cannot match the broken heart that bleeds every time it misses you as the bite cannot even form a perfect heart shape that it used to have when you're still here..."

 

"The sunset that used to be beautiful when you're next to me brings that loneliness I cannot escape..."

 

 

"The beauty of the sea that reminds me of our beautiful memories became my company all through the emptiness of the morning..."

 

 

"The thousand stars, twinkli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter